Recs for a sexy vampire look for midnight "Twilight" party?

aimerbijoux

Hi
winkiss.gif
If you are into the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer then you should know that the 4th and final book comes out on August 2nd. Well - being the huge dork I am (and being totally in love with Edward Cullen and the books in general) I am going to the Barnes & Noble midnight release party for the new book and since the party is going to be PACKED with vampire freaks and people in prom attire (thats the theme: prom and vampires) I need a sexy vampire look.

I plan on wearing either grays or blacks so that the focus is the makeup. I figure I will need falsies and red lipstick but i've never done a look like this and I don't know what colors for eyes or the shade of red or anything really LOL. So I come to you, the pros
thmbup.gif

I am NC5 (or a shade darker, the MAC lighting was too bright) with brown eyes and brown hair (or you can look at my avatar, thats me).

I appreciate every suggestion
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

For lips, I'd probably go for red enriched cremestick liner and dubonnet lipstick. For the eyes, dark and smoky. Don't pile on blush.
tong.gif

astronaut

I'd totally go for a lipstick like rebel or dark side! And I'd pair it with a black smokey eye too
winks.gif

sharkbytes

I would do a black-plummy smoky eye, with carbon and beauty-marked, with a white highlight. then i'd contour the cheekbones, and wear a very light lip, maybe even a nude.

have fun!

iheartangE

I know it's not MAC but...Nars lipstick in Fire Down Below is HOT for that vampy, sexy, deep blood red lip look
smiles.gif
I'd smoke out your eyes with a dark purple shadow (like Signed, Sealed from MAC) and contour your cheekbones (MAC Harmony blush is my fave) without using any blush. HTH!!

rachybloom

I'm going too!
greengrin.gif
So sososooso excited.. I thought my book release party days were over last summer with HP 7.. but nope!

I'm going to wear Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion (the best red.. blue based but not overly so.. it's a very true, rich red) on my lips with lots of clear gloss on top. I'll probably do winged black eyeliner and no blush.. But if I'm feeling daring I'll wear a grey smokey eye, concentrating on the lower lash line to imitate the "darkness" that the Cullens have under their eyes
greengrin.gif
eee I'm excited.

User49

If you are planning on wearing greys and blacks I would do a smokey silver grey eye with corner lashes adn a very dark red lip.

Eyes:
Black liner (Mac smolder) smudged onto the lid
Black Eye shadow (Mac Carbon) in crease of eye
Grey or silvery Shadow on middle of upper lid (Mac Knight Divine or something with a silvery grey shimmer would work)
Winged Black liquid liner
Lots of Mascara and corner lashes

Then for lips just go for a dark red. Try Viva Glam 1 Mac lipstick with a darker lipliner :0)

I saw this picture advertising a cheapie hight street cosmetic brand and had to take a picture of it as I thought it was goregous. Try maybe something like this look (only with a red lip)

2694599957_6d857576f5.jpg

jbid

i think the look should be matte, whatever you wear. no gloss or sparkly e/s. and a really pale (already covered, i guess) skin with no blush.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
I know it's not MAC but...Nars lipstick in Fire Down Below is HOT for that vampy, sexy, deep blood red lip look
smiles.gif
I'd smoke out your eyes with a dark purple shadow (like Signed, Sealed from MAC) and contour your cheekbones (MAC Harmony blush is my fave) without using any blush. HTH!!

You were thinking what I was thinking!! LOL. I love fire down below, it is so blood red like a stain and looks awesome. I fear wearing it outside the house though, but for something like this... perfect!
thmbup.gif

lindas1983

kuuipo1207 does a really good gothic vampy look on her youtube page if you wanna have a look at that to help you out.

I found it really helpful when I do some of my gothic looks.

aimerbijoux

THANK YOU! all of you, seriously this helps me big time! I think i've decided on wearing a black top with dark jeans and black flats (again, because I want my makeup to be the focus).

rachybloom- oh gosh that sounds gorgeous, take pictures! i'd love to see them
smiles.gif
i'm sooo psyched! plus via facebook I found out a ton of people who I went to school with will be there (we just graduated and haven't seen each other for 2 months) so i'd like to look "wow" haha especially since I lost some weight too.

question: you know its not usually recommended wearing a bold eye with a bold lip? do you think smokey eyes AND a red lip would be too bold, since the concentration would be on the eyes and lip.

jbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimerbijoux
question: you know its not usually recommended wearing a bold eye with a bold lip? do you think smokey eyes AND a red lip would be too bold, since the concentration would be on the eyes and lip.

you're a vampire, you have to be bold lol!

rachybloom

Quote:

If the application is very very clean, and it's a nighttime event, I think it can be pulled off! Just keep in mind not to use only ONE finish for all your products. (i.e. ALL matte colors, eyes, lips, face, can be so harsh, and all shimmery products can make you look like a disco ball). Use a tinted moisturizer for our face (Laura Mercier is great, btu I've also discovered my new love of MAC Mineralize Satinfinish which feels like a TM but has a little more coverage) with a light dusting of MSFN to keep it in place. That way your skin will be luminous, neither sparkly nor matte, so you can look fresh and still look like a sexy vampire :] If you're scared of looking too done, do a bold and deep red lip and winged black liner.

I'm so excited now!

bajsan

I would like to add a picture together with all the fab recs in this thread:

She has that glam vampire look going for her
smiles.gif

aimerbijoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom
If the application is very very clean, and it's a nighttime event, I think it can be pulled off! Just keep in mind not to use only ONE finish for all your products. (i.e. ALL matte colors, eyes, lips, face, can be so harsh, and all shimmery products can make you look like a disco ball). Use a tinted moisturizer for our face (Laura Mercier is great, btu I've also discovered my new love of MAC Mineralize Satinfinish which feels like a TM but has a little more coverage) with a light dusting of MSFN to keep it in place. That way your skin will be luminous, neither sparkly nor matte, so you can look fresh and still look like a sexy vampire :] If you're scared of looking too done, do a bold and deep red lip and winged black liner.

I'm so excited now!

That makes sense! Since I hardly own any matte eyeshadows my smokey eye will be shimmery so I'll opt for a matte red lip
smiles.gif
Thanks for your help!

bajsan- thank you for the pic! that is basically the look I am trying to achieve!