Rec's for a train case

nez_o

(sorry if this is in the wrong spot). I tried doing a search, but nothing came up.

I just recently started collecting makeup. And I noticed my collection is getting bigger and bigger every month. I keep it in one of my dresser drawers, but I would like a train case for it (something transportable). Any rec's would be appreciated, and I would love you forever if pictures of the inside were included too! Thanks!

moopoint

P41537_hero.jpg

I just bought this. It's a bit pricy, but so worth it. I'm in love.

Sephora: Sephora Brand Midnight Train Case: Train Cases

MaskedBeauty

^^I have that same train case. I like it but I've noticed it didn't have quite as much room as I thought it would. I'm already out growing it. But I do recommend it for newbie makeup collectors or someone who doesn't have such a big makeup collection. But I liked that it came with a shoulder strap and that it locks as well.

nez_o

Thanks, that's one that i was looking at, and read the reviews and was wondering how much it actually stored. A lot of the reviews said it didn't hold as much as they thought. I know my collection is starting to grow, about how much do you think this holds? Can you put eyeshadow pallets on the bottom?

MaskedBeauty

You could put the MAC 15 palettes but I don't know if it would be able to fit anything bigger than that. However, you can still set it on the top and have enough room to close the case. I wish they had one that was nice quality like that one but bigger and cheaper! lol. ahhh dare to dream! :p

hello_kitty

I have a Caboodles one that was $20 at Walmart. I use it when traveling and it has worked out nicely! I can fit 7 15-pan palettes in the bottom, and all my loose stuff in the sides.

I was oogling the Sephora and MAC ones this weekend... unfortunately, I just don't have the budget for something so expensive that I will barely use
ssad.gif

moopoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nez_o
Thanks, that's one that i was looking at, and read the reviews and was wondering how much it actually stored. A lot of the reviews said it didn't hold as much as they thought. I know my collection is starting to grow, about how much do you think this holds? Can you put eyeshadow pallets on the bottom?

The spaces have removable dividers, so it is easy to accommodate. I don't have a 15 pan palette but I have several 4 pan palettes (I know it seems ridiculous but I prefer them for organization purposes) and they fit perfectly in a compartment I created at the bottom.

I can see myself outgrowing this, but not anytime soon. This box makes me so happy. I can see all of my makeup at once
smiles.gif

nez_o

OOOOh, thanks, I did not know the dividers were removable! I think this box would be great for me as I am a newbie. . .