Recs for colour combo with Steamy e/s

zori

Got Steamy e/s as a gift and it is such a beautiful colour but I have no idea what to pair this with. I am going to a MAC counter later so does anyone have recs?
hmm.gif

zori

Oh I have woodwinked ... must try this! I'll swatch Silver Ring at the MAC counter. Thanks for the recs ...

MacMonster

If you find it too dark, I think electra is supposed to be a lighter silver shade? I don't own it though, sorry. I love putting them(silver ring and steamy) together for kind of a cold techy look. It's hard to explain what I mean, but it makes me feel like I kick the butts of many robots in a scifi action movie when I wear it. Oof - I forgot about coppering.

here's a (bad) picture of coppering w/ steamy
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1669/makeupsru2.jpg
also using carbon to line, a little tiny bit of blue edge in the crease, and silver ring as an accent. But you can really see how they play each other up.

zori

This is gorgeous <not a bad pic at all>. The coppering seems to give it a warm glow ... I have arena which I can use with Penny shadestick underneath. Thanks much!

whisper2scream

I'm going to add to with Club. As it was said in a previous post, Steamy and Club do pair up nicely together. Club is such a versatile shadow anyways.

SerenityRaine

I love it with Club & Electric Eel!
Take Steamy from lashline to crease
Place Club in outter v
Line with Out to Sea Powerpoint
Go over liner with Electric Eel

*Luna*

Goldmine, Steamy, Freshwater, Deep Truth

Steamy, Nocturnelle, Beauty Marked

Steamy, Knight Devine, Black Tied

tania_nia

I was skeptical about steamy as well. Here are the combos I've found:

for pop: bang on blue or satellite dreams with wave line fluidline on lashline

suprising neutral: expensive pink on lid, steamy on crease, claire de lune on browbone, shade on lashline

I hope this helps!

KTB

I just used it today and paired it with:

Shimermoss - wash all over lid
Steamy - outer 2/3 of lid
Deep Truth - crease and outer V
Vex - browbone

I lined with Deep Truth and then put Shimmermoss over top of that an both top and bottom. Then put a blue black mascara on.

IMO it looks pretty good
greengrin.gif