Recs for Complementary Colours?

Fizzymartini

Please help me! I bought Expensive Pink, and am looking for colour/s to go with it for an everyday look. I aim to blend and create all sorts of effects! Right now I'm liking the boldly-coloured liner (e.g. blue peep fluidline; a thin wet line of Swimming etc), so maybe a neutral-ish look to complement it would be nice. But I'm open to suggestions for brighter colours, too! I like to be bold
lol.gif

I'd also love some advice about colour placement (EP on the crease? Or the lid?)

Thank you so much in advance!

P.S. Hmm. I've been debating whether or not to get a shadestick, or Stilife Paint. Do you think these would go well with this look... or are they unnecessary?

P.P.S. Rats, I really, really want to try pigments!

BlahWah

An MA used Woodwinked and Nylon on my sister with Expensive Pink for an everyday look, because my sis is at the beginning stage of her journey w/ makeup. Nylon was used on the inner half of the lid, EP on the outer half, and WW was washed over both to blend. Nylon was also used to highlight. Nothing was used in the crease b/c her eyelid doesn't really fit for one, but to adjust perhaps use WW in the crease and lightly over to blend if you'd like?

As for brighter suggestions, I've got EP on my list of e/s's to get. I'd like to try it w/ Steamy/Hypnotique, which would be over Shimmermint. I'd also like to try it as a wash over my lid w/ Shade Fluidline sitting on top of my lashline. Another combo is with Melon and/or Deckchair pigments, Tan, Blue Storm, maybe Goldenaire?

I hope that helps. I can't say much on a s/s vs. Stilife, as I only have the one s/s and no Paints. Hopefully someone else can help you with that!

Fizzymartini

Wow, thanks so much, BlahWah!
greengrin.gif
I love the suggestion. I'll definitely check out Woodwinked... it seems to have garnered a lot of fans on this forum! I wonder if Shroom will do instead of Nylon for the look? I'm trying to limit myself to oone highlighter for now
smiles.gif

Your ideas for brighter colours sound fantastic. Looks like it'll be major playtime next time I go to MAC! Although I'm itching to try the pigments, I'm not happy with shelling out fifteen quid for whole jars when I don't know if they'll suit me. I got a sample of teal one time from a lovely MA, but this seems to be more the exception than the norm; when I went back to buy the jar I asked for more samples, but was told it "wasn't allowed any more". Which is a shame... I'm so much more likely to buy if I can try it at home.

Can anyone advise me on the stilife/shadesticks?

BlahWah

I don't have Shroom, but I'm sure it'll be fine. As for pigments, look on ebay. That's where my love for them started - I didn't even know what they were when I bought them, but loved the description the seller had on their listing. Most you'll find are 1/4 tsp samples, which should be fine to last you. There are some rare 1/2 tsp sales too, if you wanna search.

Another option is to swap for them on makeupalley.com. It's cheaper, but a bit more work to find something you have that someone else wants.

Good luck with your looks, and have fun! =)

Latest posts