Rec's for 'dark brown' brow filler/pencil

msmack

Hellllo there...

I am in the market for a dark brown pencil/brow filler (with no red/orange business going on).... it can be kinda hard to find. I search the FOTD's and most people do not list what they used for their brows ...
ssad.gif

I am open to any brand. Any product. Even eyeshadow... people have luck with those I hear.

I do not like the smashbox in brunette brow filler at all... too orange. I need a true dark brown! So... with that said... HELP ME! I do not have a MAC counter around me or I'd just mosey on down there...

Pencil/Powder rec's please!

Thanks in advance!

zzoester

I used to use EL Two in One (brown/black palette of powder eyeliner and brow color) but can't seem to find it anymore. The brown in it is a little orangey so I don't think you would care for that. I would overlap and mix with the black to define my own perfect shade (my hair is VERY dark brown, near black).

Right now I am using LORAC's Take a Brow in Dark Brown - it has two colors to it, a dark brown and a black powder and I mix them. It works really well and I like the brown on it's own a lot more than the EL palette. It also has a brow wax in the palette. There are a few other color options that are lighter.

iluvmac

I use Mac's Brow Shader in Walnut/Ivory with my 208 brush. Amazing!
NW20/25, dark chestnut hair, brown eyes (for reference).

iheartangE

NYC Brow/Liner Pencil in Dark Brown! Only 99 cents
smiles.gif

And I MAC Live Chatted about a really dark brown eye shadow to use to fill in my brows and they said Brun. HTH!

thelove4tequila

I use and surprisingly love a cheap ol' Wet n Wild eyebrow pencil. But its really dark brown and almost a soft black. Not sure if that's what you are after though.

purrtykitty

I've been using Brun e/s and I think it works great. It fills in the sparse areas without looking like I painted my brows on. I top it off with Brunette brow finisher to keep the hairs in place, but that kinda has a reddish tint to it, but you could always go with clear.

alehoney

espresso eyeshadow (on the mac website its described as muted golden brown) but its dark brown looking to me I use it with a 208 or 266. I also know some people who use the eyeshadow wet and it looks much darker, but using it wet gives a more painted on look that many people would rather avoid. sometimes i use wedge eyeshadow too, its a looks lighter than espresso but still dark brown ( i use this one wet for a dark brown), by wet i mean that i lightly spray a brush with fix+. but i think overall a good matte brown-dark brown eyeshadow works well, you should buy a cheap one and try filling your brows with it to see if you like the effect.

msmack

You ladies have been MEGA helpful... I have my homework cut out for me! Keep 'em coming if their are more suggestions!
smiles.gif

Lissah

I use concrete eye shadow. My skin is extremely fair and my brow hairs are near to black. My unfilled brows overall do not appear to be as dark as they are because they are not solid with hair if that makes any sense to you. Black shadow/pencil just looked too harsh. All the dark brown shadows I owned had reddish undertones. Concrete applied lightly (I just tap my angled brush onto the shadow) is perfect. Its not black, red or grey. Its also the best dark brown eye shadow I've had in general if I only use the tiniest bit because it is really dark.

jilliandanica

I love love love Shu Uemura's Hard9 Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown!! I've got natural dark brown/black hair and it's a perfect match.

Honey B. Fly

i have a hard time with brow pencils too since i need a dark ashey brown and they always seem to be either black or a warm med brown

right now i use maybellines brow pencil in velvet black

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I used to use Milani Brow pencil when my brows were super thin.. but now that they're thicker I just use a brow gel to polish them up

Kuuipo

I've used NARS matte single shadows as brow filler or a NARS pencil-because they are real hair shades and matte. I like clear mascara to set them. I have naturally sparse brows and never need to pluck them.

urbanlilyfairy

I am nc 25 ..i have dark dark brown almost black ...and I use MAC brow pencil in stud ..and alternate powders from the mac charcol/soft maple powder to an eyeshadow by clinique called bewitched. hth