Recs for greens and blues

monter

I've got lots of browns and purples in my collection, but no bright colors. It's summer, and I want to start wearing more brights!
greengrin.gif

I have a few greens and blues, but I want to expand with stuff from the perm line. However, I want to make sure I don't end up buying anything too close to the colors I already have.

I already have Warm Chill, Gulf Stream, Cool Heat, Mink and Sable (that's kind of a green?
lol.gif
), Fresh Green Mix, Sea & Sky, and Brightside/Gallery Gal. I have my eye on Electric Eel, Freshwater, and Humid. I was considering Juxt, but I thought that might be very similar in color to the solid side of Fresh Green Mix. I was also thinking about Shimmermoss, but that seemed like it might be similar to Gulf Stream.

Any other suggestions for must have bright blues and greens? I'm an NC20(ish), blonde, blue eyes for reference.

Retropinuplady

Electric eel is a gorgeous color I just got it and for a bluey green what about steamy its gorgeous. I'm after Humid myself it looks really nice you'll have to let me know what its like if you get it x

mac_addict.gif

Mabelle

If you have access to a Pro store i woudl suggest the following Pro shades
Atlantic blue, Bio Green and lime.
In pigments (which are the best buy) i would say emerald green, teal, clear blue sky (pro), charteuse (pro) are all good colours!

ForgetRegret

I'm in love with Electric Eel...and Passionate is really bright, if you want pink...Bitter is one of my favorites, too...and Chrome Yellow, Orange...the list goes on...

gildedangel

I love the eyeshadows that you have your eye on, humid is one of my all time favorites! You should also consider steamy, bitter, tilt, deep truth, aquavert if you can still get it, and juxt.

monter

I think I'd read somewhere that Steamy might be similar to Gulf Stream or Warm Chill... any thoughts on this? I'm on a budget, so if they're similar, I'll probably pass on it for now.

Looks like I'm definitely going to be getting Electric Eel, Freshwater, and Humid, though.
greengrin.gif
I think I'm going to go and swatch Bitter tomorrow... see how it shows up on pasty pasty me.
lol.gif

Thanks for all the recs, guys. :3

Retropinuplady

steamy is listed as an alternative to brill which was a gorgeous color but im not sure if its similar to gulf stream and warm chill i havent got those colors. you'll have to tell me what humid is like coz i still want that color lol

mac_addict.gif

ForgetRegret

Bitter should look fine on you, hun...I'm super pale too (MAC doesn't make foundation light enough for me), and it looks great on me...or at least I think it does, and that's all that counts, right? If you think it looks hot on you, then screw what anyone else says.
winks.gif

chiara

Humid is amazing, I think it complements blue eyes very well, you should get it! Deep truth and freshwater are great too. For a bright flashy blue, I suggest clarity (it's a matte2 finish).

Shadowy Lady

Most of my collection is blue/teal/green
greengrin.gif
See below for my favourites, I tried to pick perm items (no LE or Pro stuff).

Blues: Freshwater, Tilt, Deep Truth, Prussian
Teal: Clarity (I think this has better texture than Electric Eal), Aquadisiac, Teal pigment, Plumage (deep teal)
Green: Humid, Golden Olive pigment

Caderas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeSauce
I love Aquadisiac which is a tealish color that I love
smiles.gif

i too ADORE Aquadisiac. doesn't receive as much love as it used to! it was my 2nd MAC shadow and Freshwater was my 3rd. i think Freshwater is pretty unique as a neutral blue-tone. they both will add a punch of color to any look and have great pay off with buildable color.

i've heard good news about Humid too. i own Plumage and think it's gorgeous too! mm.. any other suggestions: Bio Green, and Newly Minted? HTH!