...rec's for me plz?

nichollecaren

Just asking for any general recommendations for me...please help!

hope this is more clear!
smiles.gif

picture012bdk.jpg

dscn0886q.jpg

its further to this idea: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f188/p...ations-146060/

maybe I did something wrong? should it all be in the one thread? help!

TISH1124

Re: Loving the new Trend...biracial NC45...rec's plz?

I guess I am confused by the title....Are you asking for lipstick recs, makeup colors or recs on how to make a crease?

TISH1124

Well I am NC45 as well and I think we can wear just about any color.....For my eyes I love neutrals of course...But I also really love Purples, Blues, Greens and Greys....But I think with your tone you can wear just about anything to be honest

I normally get stuck in the pink lip rut as well...But I have tried to venture out and try other colors as of late....But pale pinks still being my favs...I like reds and neutral lips a lot too...

Here is one of my favorite eye looks I did last week using blue/grey/Unbasic white
unbasicwhiteeotd.jpg
unbasicw.jpg

Few of My Fav Lip
Auburn l/l CB96 l/s
100_7912.jpg

Red / COC l/g
delftx-2.jpg
Wine / Darkside l/s
darkside-1-1.jpg

Coral / Costa Chic
costachic3-2.jpg

TISH1124

I go thru some of the WOC fotd posts and find a lot of my looks....Look at Aziajs and others that are about the same complexion as we are and get ideas as to what colors will work for you HTH

User38

You are very pretty -- maybe you should decide what you want, not what is trendy. If you want to look more beautiful, just accentuate what you have and forget about creating anything on your face which nature did not give you.

Personally, I think you would look great in natural i.e. neutral shades for day with a more accentuated eye -- like a dark grey smoky and mid tone MLBB lips. For a more trendy look, the Style Black look would be perfect for you... smoky black eyes (forget creating creases) winged out with a dark lip
smiles.gif

nichollecaren

thank you thank you both!

I tend to stay neutral (or maybe the word is safe)...

Tish, I tried looking at the FOTDs but most of the pics are gone..and since i'm fairly new to MAC i've no clue what the products look like, nor do I know the WOC names very well (to pick those out), so I tend to get a little lost...I'm gonna look up Aziajs tho
smiles.gif

foxykita143

You lucky girl, you have a beautiful face, and a great face to accentuate with make up! It's funny that a lot of us got the same immediate thought when seeing your picture: smokey eye. That was the first thing I thought of too! I have the same kind of skin tone as you and when I do my smokey eye I do the crease less look everyone is suggesting for you and my color of choice is Dark Soul pigment. If you don't want to buy the whole bottle, you can get lots of pigment samples online just about anywhere nowadays lol. Pretty much its just a really smokey charcoal black with some gold flecks in it and it looks really nice with my brown eyes, and I am assuming it would look just as nice on you. Really though, any dark grey/black color will do but I prefer to not go all the way black black on my whole eye. Also, you would look very nice with a darker lip. I also think a wine lip would look very pretty on you, but I would love to see you in a red. Some suggestions from me are Viva Glam I, Resolutely Red, and Chili. If you wanted to ease into that color, I would say go for the Resolutely Red, as I believe that is a lustre so the color goes on more sheer. And there are always the lipglasses, which is how I got used to different colors on my lips. Off the top of my head the only red I can think of is Russian Red, which I think would look lovely on you. As you said, it is pretty clear that you stay on the safe side (lol) and thats fine, but for those days you want to dress up, you need some intensity, your face is made for it. Like Tish was saying, do not be afraid of intense colors, I can't think of one that wouldnt work on you, Another thing you could do is what I do to ease into bright colors. I do my eyeliner on the top lashline and the waterline, but then I add a bright color to my lower lashline like a bright blue or lime green. That way Im getting used to seeing it on my eye, and it is less intimidating if I want to go for a bolder look.

On a lighter note (literally), if you want to keep it simple, I would just suggest using a good mascara and some lash curlers. I have short black lashes and my FAAAAAVVVOORIITE HG mascara is Imju Fibrewig. You can find it at Sephora and it has fibers that make your lashes look longer and it is way easy to clean up. I love MAC and most of their products but when it comes to mascara, its just not doing it for me. The only other thing I would say is use a little highlighter to bring out your pretty cheekbones and a nice warm blush. If you can find it, I like the Brunette MSF. It has an amazing highlighter on one side and I love the way it makes my cheekbones look. Well, I guess thats it for now so I hope I could give you some ideas!

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. If you want to look at some video tutorials, I looove this girl! She does very intense looks and seems to have the same complexion and eyes going on as you so it could give you some ideas, or show you exactly how many colors can work with you!
YouTube - QueenofBlendingMUA's Channel

Penn

I think you are beautiful and could probably pull off any look. When I saw your pictures though, a bold lip came into my mind. Perhaps a bright pink, or red, even plums. I'd love to see you in a pin up look, nice winged liner and red lips.

makeupmakeup

mac_paints.gif

You are a beautiful woman. like you i found myself playing it safe, so i thought i'd try some new, hip , trendy looks. after many, many horrible looks ( i let anyone do & help me with my "NEW" look) i stopped and really looked in the mirror. I didnt need a whole new look, i just needed to tweak my old stand by. So i suggest trying a new eyeshadow color(blend a dark or bright color in the crease or on the outer v), a new lipgloss or lipstick, try lining you eyes differently, top & bottom, top only ,bottom only, liquid, pencil, cream liner, you could try a different color. maybe a new blush. You could try false eyelashes(nothing too dramatic). You know what try contouring your face it makes a big difference without looking like your wearing alot of makeup. You only need 2 colors : #1- a color one shade lighter(shimmer), #2- a color 1 shade darker(matte). put the darker shade under your cheekbones(make a fish face),on your temples, along your jaw line, on both sides of your nose. Put the lighter color on your cheekbones(just above the darker color), down the center of your nose, on your forhead. You have amazing skin play it up sweetie!

Remember you can use a face powder in a shade darker to contour your face. you can also use eyeshadows on the rest of your face. so if you cant find the right color in Mac blushes or powders check out the eyeshadows.
You can also use a matte bronzer. I reccomend cream colour base in "pearl for your light color(It goes on sheer), iam not sure on a dark color for you it's hard to say with out seeing your skin color in person.

Have fun and experiment its just makeup, it washes off!!!!
winkiss.gif

RedRibbon

Tish you are berluddy gorgeous, you little minx! I love your blending skills.

Nicole, I think my skin is a bit lighter than yours but lipwise this is one of my favourite lip products which I think works well for WOC's, it's by YSL:

lipgloss-gloss-repulpant-b.jpg

I've had mine for a year and only now can I see a bit of empty space in it. It conditions your lips, leaves a stain and makes them shiny enough to look nice but not OTT.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
^^
blush-anim-cl.gif
What are your favorite colors? I have never tried that product

You're welcome
th_wink3.gif
Glossy plum is my absolute favourite, I've got that typical WOC thing where my upper lip is darker than my lower but with this badboy you can't tell, it looks uniform on both lips which is hard for me to achieve with some lipglosses as I have to think about what I'm doing and I have to put more on the bottom than the top and then that looks obvious too. Glossy plum looks really pinky but it suits my skin quite nicely, I also like glossy candy for days when my eyes are more dramatic with makeup.

Plus, this stuff isn't sticky!

TISH1124

Good I hate sticky!!! I lucked out in some ways with the lips...they are both the same...No color at all is the downside...I have zero pigmentation so if I get cold they turn blue...But the upside is I get the tube color for all lipsticks....Thanks!! I am gonna check them out

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Good I hate sticky!!! I lucked out in some ways with the lips...they are both the same...No color at all is the downside...I have zero pigmentation so if I get cold they turn blue...But the upside is I get the tube color for all lipsticks....Thanks!! I am gonna check them out

Lucky!

My mum has lips which are the perfect nude for her, if she wasn't my mum I'd dislike her intensly!

I think there are websites around which sell the YSL glosses for less than retail, I seem to remember that lovemakeup had them, don't know if they ship outside the UK though but somewhere like allcosmeticswholesale is bound to have some
smiles.gif

nichollecaren

I'm back for more! I'm going to a wedding, so I plan to do a classy smoky eye as recommended...but i want to add a pop of green liner (waterline) ...anybody can suggest a 'statement' emerald liner that stands out, but still be classy? (or is that look a bad idea alltogether?)