recs for non-rub off foundation/powder?

asnbrb

Okay, so my boyfriend recently got a motorcycle, which means I have a helmet for when he packs me. Anyway, a motorcycle helmet sits right up against the hollows of the cheeks- right where I have some old acne scars that I cover up with foundation/concealer/powder- and rubs against it when I put it on/pull it off.

So the problem... well, two problems-- I do NOT want makeup on the inside of the helmet and not on my face! The MSRP of this helmet is $499.00- an old helmet and a gift from one of my boyfriend's friends. Right now I use EL Lucidity and Aeromatte in Transparent. The two times that I used my helmet, I wasn't wearing anything, but I know the day will come will we will go out somewhere where I have to pretty myself up.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for foundation/concealer/powder that doesn't rub off or has very minimal rub off that I can clean off easily?

lara

I ride a motorcycle and used have the same problem - my rainy weather helmet is very snug against the face.

I wear Face & Body foundation set with Blot powder, and that doesn't budge in normal circumstances* - the foundation is water-based, so it dries without caking or being excessively 'producty'. A good tip for really setting your powder so that it doesn't rub off is to apply it with a velour puff in a 'press and roll' movement - this pushes the powder into the foundation instead of just settling on it, as a brush or thin puff would do.

Short answer - switch to a water-based foundation and liquid concealer, powder off as well as you can, and maybe switch to an open-faced helmet if you need to wear a full face of make-up. Only the latter is really foolproof, as you'll always get some product movement, but switching to water based product should help to minimise it.

And it's no fun riding pillion all the time! Try riding, it's seriously addictive.
smiles.gif

* i.e. unless I'm stuck idling behind a truck with hot exhaust fumes, water gets inside my helmet, etc etc etc.

asnbrb

hey, thanks!!

btw-- I'm too short to reach the ground on my boyfriend's bike!!
smiles.gif
I told him that he needs to drop the damn thing so I can ride.