recs for shopping in toronto!

chazza

hi girls,

do let me know if this isn't in the right place and i'll move it! anyway i'm exchanging in toronto at york uni for one semester, and i was hoping to find out from you shopping and makeup-savvy girls where is good to shop for good deals for clothes, makeup and so on? so far i have been to yorkdale and eaton centre and both are nice, but surely that can't be all the shopping toronto has to offer!

i am also looking for useful online shopping websites that don't charge an arm and a leg to ship to toronto - or even better yet, shopping sites that are canada-based! these can be sites for anything - makeup, clothes, skincare, toiletries, shoes, bags, etc etc. anything will be useful!

thanks so much darlings!

kalikana

Are you looking for malls JUST in Toronto? Or around the Greater Toronto Area?

Also, which campus are you in? Keele or Glendon? I don't really know where YorkU is, so some of these might be a bit far from you..

Anyway, I've been to these places:
Square One - in Mississauga; I love Square One! I live like less than 10 minutes away, and I go at least once a week, lol. They have sidewalk sales, which are awesome. lol.

Vaughan Mills - in Vaughan; I think it's close to York, but I'm not sure.. Anyway, it's an "outlet" mall and I think it's worth checking out. I remember going to Vaughan Mills one summer and I spent so much money on clothes because there were so many good sales going on.

Sherway Gardens - in Etobicoke; It's more "upper class" in my opinion. They have all the expensive stores, ahaha.

There's other malls that I've been to when I lived in Brampton like Bramalea City Center and Shopper's World, but honestly, those malls really aren't worth going all the way to Brampton. Also, maybe you can check out the Underground PATH in downtown Toronto, which is basically an underground mall. I've never been, but it sounds fun. lol.

This might help:
Toronto : Top One-Stop Shopping Destinations | WHERE.ca

chazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikana
Are you looking for malls JUST in Toronto? Or around the Greater Toronto Area?

Also, which campus are you in? Keele or Glendon? I don't really know where YorkU is, so some of these might be a bit far from you..

Anyway, I've been to these places:
Square One - in Mississauga; I love Square One! I live like less than 10 minutes away, and I go at least once a week, lol. They have sidewalk sales, which are awesome. lol.

Vaughan Mills - in Vaughan; I think it's close to York, but I'm not sure.. Anyway, it's an "outlet" mall and I think it's worth checking out. I remember going to Vaughan Mills one summer and I spent so much money on clothes because there were so many good sales going on.

Sherway Gardens - in Etobicoke; It's more "upper class" in my opinion. They have all the expensive stores, ahaha.

There's other malls that I've been to when I lived in Brampton like Bramalea City Center and Shopper's World, but honestly, those malls really aren't worth going all the way to Brampton. Also, maybe you can check out the Underground PATH in downtown Toronto, which is basically an underground mall. I've never been, but it sounds fun. lol.

This might help:
Toronto : Top One-Stop Shopping Destinations | WHERE.ca

woooow thanks so much for the fantastic recs!!! gonna check them all out real soon
smiles.gif
i'm in toronto, on the keele campus. and i don't have a car so i'll have to take public transport to the malls you've suggested. i'm particularly keen on looking at vaughan mills since someone else recommended it too!

chocodcocoa

Vaughan Mills does have some nice cheap deals, but their stuff usually seems more outdated than the stuff you can find in American outlet malls.

Since you're in York, have you been to Pacific Mall? It's an indoor Asian night market and you can find some trendy and cheap stuff there for sure =) It's on Steele and Kennedy.

I live in North York btw =D

girlstar

I agree with Queen Street SO MUCH.

Vaughan Mills is crap. And if you're into labels, Yorkdale is better than Sherway for that.

Square One is my favourite mall in all of Toronto, but I think it's because I like to go to Mac, Lush, and Lululemon all in one go.
smiles.gif

slowhoney

Queen Street West, baby! They have tons of funky stores, and MAC PRO is also located there.
smiles.gif
There's also a LUSH a bit down from it as well.

Off topic, but I just graduated from York a few months ago!
greengrin.gif
Hope you have fun there. It's a great campus. It's nicer than most in Toronto in terms of greenery and wildlife.
smiles.gif
They've redone a lot of the buildings in the past couple of years too, so some of them are really spiffy.
winks.gif

ginger9

Other malls to check out:

Fairview Mall (in North York).
Scarborough Town Centre (in Scarborough, some people don't like ScabOrough, but I like it. It's a big mall and a lot of sales and clearance items gets shipped to this mall. There's a mac pro and sephora store as well).
Hazelton Lanes (in Yorkville) and Yonge and Bloor area. This is designer shopping territory.

Also, you should check out Winners. There's tonnes of stores all over the city. If you google you can find the nearest store or find the biggest/flagship location.

Have fun!

chocodcocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
Other malls to check out:

Fairview Mall (in North York).
Scarborough Town Centre (in Scarborough, some people don't like ScabOrough, but I like it. It's a big mall and a lot of sales and clearance items gets shipped to this mall. There's a mac pro and sephora store as well).
Hazelton Lanes (in Yorkville) and Yonge and Bloor area. This is designer shopping territory.

Also, you should check out Winners. There's tonnes of stores all over the city. If you google you can find the nearest store or find the biggest/flagship location.

Have fun!

The MAC counter at Fairview has awesome MAs! They just renovated their food court... except for that it's not nearly as impressive as the bigger malls but I love it cus it's 5 min away =)

and I had no idea the scarbourough store was a pro store! Weee!

chazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowhoney
Queen Street West, baby! They have tons of funky stores, and MAC PRO is also located there.
smiles.gif
There's also a LUSH a bit down from it as well.

Off topic, but I just graduated from York a few months ago!
greengrin.gif
Hope you have fun there. It's a great campus. It's nicer than most in Toronto in terms of greenery and wildlife.
smiles.gif
They've redone a lot of the buildings in the past couple of years too, so some of them are really spiffy.
winks.gif

OOH yes i have been to queen st now and it rocks!!! the prices do not agree so much with me though :/ but i love the large amount of cult streetwear labels they offer.

and woot~ fellow york uni-er~
greengrin.gif
i really like some of the buildings on campus and the classes, people and lecturers are super super fun and nice. i wish it wasn't so far from downtown tho XD