Rec's needed for favorite beauty of color products

pumpkincat210

My friend has asked me to do her makeup and take some photographs of her. She is black, I have no idea what shade foundation but she's very dark in the color spectrum. She doesn't have a perfectly even skintone. I have asked her to bring her own foundation, but she wants me to do the rest of her makeup. I have a few weeks so could you ladies give me some pointers on good products, tips and no-no's for working on dark skin?
I read alot in the beauty of color section but i got quiete overwhelmed with all the posts, I needed to narrow it down and get the most recent info.

Here are a few questions (your opinions):

What are current trends for dark skin?:

Best eyeshadow finishes and colors:

Lipstick-red or not?

Best brand of blushes and/or favorite shades that show up:

Eyebrow help tips:

color or nude makeup for this fall?

favorite products:

I really appreciate anyone's help. Thanks beauties! xoxo

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
My friend has asked me to do her makeup and take some photographs of her. She is black, I have no idea what shade foundation but she's very dark in the color spectrum. She doesn't have a perfectly even skintone. I have asked her to bring her own foundation, but she wants me to do the rest of her makeup. I have a few weeks so could you ladies give me some pointers on good products, tips and no-no's for working on dark skin?
I read alot in the beauty of color section but i got quiete overwhelmed with all the posts, I needed to narrow it down and get the most recent info.

Here are a few questions (your opinions):

What are current trends for dark skin?:

Best eyeshadow finishes and colors:

Lipstick-red or not?

Best brand of blushes and/or favorite shades that show up:

Eyebrow help tips:

color or nude makeup for this fall?

favorite products:

I really appreciate anyone's help. Thanks beauties! xoxo

My advice would be to determine her undertones. Even if she is very dark, she still has some undertones and that could help you figure out which tints and shades of colors to choose for her. Neutrals are cool, but the right ones look best when you keep that in mind.

Good brands for WOC are MAC, Make Up For Ever, Nars, Bobbi Brown, Becca. These either have lots of pigment in their color products or they have great foundation range. You said she has uneven skin tone, which can happen with WOC, so you will probably either have to mix foundation or use more than the one shade she brings to create overall even tone.

Not sure what the trends are, b/c I make my own drums
winks.gif
, but I think trends are the same for all skintones, but you just tweak them for skin tone. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

There are a few WOC threads that list fave products, so once you figure out what her skintone in MAC code is, that might give you a better gauge of products to check out...

Good luck.

Simply Elegant

I dont have much to add but LC mentioned coloured smokey eyes are in for fall and I think that works with anyone if application is right.

Latest posts