Recs on what to wear with this dress

Lissa

Hi, could anyone give me recs on what makeup and accessories to wear with this? I'm clueless
th_dunno.gif
I'm wearing it to my brother's wedding which will be in the late afternoon - the only colour I can think of for shoes/bag is silver.

image1xl.jpg

image2s.jpg

And I am thinking of having my hair put up something like this:
evalongoria.jpg

(I can dream, lol)

As for makeup I am stuck!
I've attached a pic of me below - dark haired now not blonde like my avatar - and that is me with a tan! Around NC25

I would be grateful if anyone had any advice - Thanks in advance
yes.gif

silverbelle282

i would do a blue smokey eye. like maybe some silver ring, some pandamonium, some deep truth/contrast/blue flame. and then a nude lip and pale pink blush.

Shaquille

I think light gold color accessories would be better.. silvers are too pale..

hair is very nice. as for make up, hers is nice too (longoria's, right?), so blue smokey eyes would do. maybe the MES sea & sky. Or something like this but in blue. good luck!!

RoseyPosey

i agree, a nice blue smokey eye would be nice.

As far as jewelry, if you want gold/silver i'd say gold, but only because thats all i wear. But if you like wearing other jewelry and accessories, id say punch in some color on the wrist. and keep your necklace to be something very simple. the dress already has alot of detail at the neck line, so something dainty and simple would work perfect.

Lissa

Thanks everyone I appreciate all the advice! I hadn't thought of gold for accessories but I would prefer that over silver definitely.

As for makeup, I have been thinking up excuses to buy that new Starflash shadow, Smoke & Diamonds, so since that is meant to be a silvery grey maybe that one with some blue also?

Shenanigans

I would pair the dress with chunky black bracelets, glossy black chandelier earrings and shiny black patent pumps - I just love the look of royal blue with black!

I tend to wear a lot of black, so most of my makeup is bright jewel tones. I think if I was wearing the jewel tone, I'd do my makeup with a black smokey eye and a nude pink lip. I like the drama. =P

Corvs Queen

I would nude pumps, black clutch and a chunky bracelet with some simple earrings. Not over the top but just enough to leave the focus on you and not your outfit. As far as makeup, I would do champagne eyesadow with dark winged liner, a nice glowy blush and nude-ish lipgloss.

Lissa

Thanks again
smiles.gif
I have 3 weeks to make a final decision. I am so rubbish at putting clothes, accessories and makeup together so it really helps to hear other people's opinions

anshu7

silver eye pink blush and viva glam v/pale pink lips maybe. for a punch of color on ur face u can line ur lower lashline(??!!??) with a blue shimmery pencil.keep accessories minimal to maintain an elegant look.maybe big earrings and a delicate chain (a mix of gold and white gold)ard ur neck and an elegant watch on your wrist

seonmi

I think blue liner on lower lashline is great, keep earrings simple but make use of a chunky bracelet, black pumps, and some neutral color purse/bag

Lissa

so maybe something like prussian powerpoint which won't run, as I'm bound to end up shedding a tear when they get married! Thanks everyone

laperle

I wouldn't go matching eye color with dress.

And black is too obvious.

I'd opt for one of these 2:

1) Rich deep red lipstick with neutral but defined eyes + false lashes

2) Gold! I love blue and gold... if you'r more discreet, you could even go for an old gold.

I'd go gold!

The dress is very pretty, btw.
smiles.gif

kelcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by laperle
I wouldn't go matching eye color with dress.

And black is too obvious.

I'd opt for one of these 2:

1) Rich deep red lipstick with neutral but defined eyes + false lashes

I absolutely whole heartedly agree. Please pretty please don't match eyeshadow with the dress. Doesn't have to be red lips though, an intense berry would do as well. But I agree light buy very defined eyes, fake lashes would be lovely.

As for accessories the style now is to mix metals. And I think it'd be very pretty if you mixed some antique gold, bronze and silver in there. Nothing too gaudy.. like a dozen skinny bracelets? and if you wanted silver earrings whatever you know.

But I dunno, with that dress i feel like bronze would be amazing!
Hope i helped!

Lissa

wow! I'm loving all these ideas, thank you so much. I like the idea of bronze or gold as those are the colours I would usually wear so I wouldn't be out of my comfort zone.

I do wear false lashes often too so was thinking about that...will the glue loosen if I get a bit emotional? I tend to do that at weddings but I've never cruied with falsies on before

laperle

It depends on the glue.

When I was a teen, a transvestite told me to use nail enamel if i wanted to really fix falsies, no matter what. We do crazy things when we are teenagers! Those lashes almost took my lids off when I tried to remove them the next morning. But, hey, I've spent the entire prom evening dancing (and sweating) like crazy.
smiles.gif

Digresssions appart, I think there must be really good glue lashes out there. If you think if could come off, use just corner lashes, so it wouldn't be a total mess to fix.

zeroxstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelcia
I absolutely whole heartedly agree. Please pretty please don't match eyeshadow with the dress. Doesn't have to be red lips though, an intense berry would do as well. But I agree light buy very defined eyes, fake lashes would be lovely.

As for accessories the style now is to mix metals. And I think it'd be very pretty if you mixed some antique gold, bronze and silver in there. Nothing too gaudy.. like a dozen skinny bracelets? and if you wanted silver earrings whatever you know.

But I dunno, with that dress i feel like bronze would be amazing!
Hope i helped!

i also agree! don't match eyeshadow to dress! i would just play up your best feature.. if it's your eyes, maybe a smokey golden brown look , or if it's your lips a super neutral eye with a darker/bolder lip
smiles.gif

Lissa

When I was a teen, a transvestite told me to use nail enamel if i wanted to really fix falsies, no matter what. We do crazy things when we are teenagers! Those lashes almost took my lids off when I tried to remove them the next morning. But, hey, I've spent the entire prom evening dancing (and sweating) like crazy.
smiles.gif
quote]

Ouch! That sounds so painful. Lol, the things we do!

Corner lashes it is I reckon. I've got the Mac Duo glue

User49

Hey! I just went to a wedding it was so much fun! I would definitly do your hair like that picture! So pretty! If it were me I would do a fresh skin look using select foundation or something not too heavy, then maybe a very blended soft smokey eye using the blue shadestick, with deep truth on top of it or in the v of the corner of the eye and then a thin but noticeable black liquid liner, then a pretty nude glossy soft lip. I'm not a fan of gold myself. I would keep accessories to a minimum with this because the outfit will speak for itself along with your hair and make up
smiles.gif
http://specktra.net/f166/fotd-deep-t...-dress-111623/

Latest posts