Recs please: Non-MAC alternative to paint pots?

elektra513

Hi, I'm looking for a paint pot like product in a skin tone shade (C7/NC45/NW43) as a base. The PPs I own from MAC are ok, but I find myself wanting more. (I also have a few Nars cream shadows...)

Just wondering what other brands out there have paint pot like products that are effective shadow bases?

TIA
smiles.gif

Zephyra

Illuminaré all day eyeshadows wear really well, though I find paint pots a little easier to apply. Since I use UDPP as a base for powder shadows, I've mostly used my Illuminaré as a one-step eye look and not as a shadow base. You can get a sampler pack of all of the colors (mostly neutrals) from various websites for about $9 if you want to try them out.

Meisje

Seconding Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows. I really love them, both alone and as bases.

thiscarmen

I definitely third the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners. They have amazing staying power and go on so very very smooth.

Benefit F.Y...EYE! is an excellent base, doesn't make your eye shadows gather in your creases and not as thick as paint pots its very sheer base and more forgiving if you put a little to much on!

BBJay

I've heard good things about the Indelible cream eyeshadows sold by Mad Minerals. They've got a decent range of colors and they're very afforable

MACPixie

Benefit cream shadows!! I hate MAC paint pots, they crease like crazy on me, these wear all day, even when my contacts are acting up and I spend the whole day rubbing my eye!!

Shadowy Lady

I've tried a couple of Benefit cream e/s and though I love them, I find the MAC paint pots much creamier. There's really nothing out there as good. MAC needs to make more paint pots!

MACPixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Estee Lauder has a product just like paint pots I think.

And MUFE.

Oooh I forgot about the MUFE Flash Colours, they're amazing too!!
And if you have access to MAC PRO the Chromalines are fabulous!

MACPixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I've tried a couple of Benefit cream e/s and though I love them, I find the MAC paint pots much creamier. There's really nothing out there as good. MAC needs to make more paint pots!

It's funny how we've had such opposite experiences!

InspiredBlue

You might need to use UDPP or TFSI under to avoid creasing, but other than that NYX Jumbo Pencils are a good and super cheap way to try out all kinds of fun colors as eye shadow bases.

dietcokeg

Coastal scents do some great inexpensive ones, id say it'll be worth your while checking them out online.

Latest posts