Red blush!

pianohno

What do you think about MAC'S red blushes? Like Apple Red and Flame Red! Yay or Nay? Personally, I think they can look really flattering on some skin tones but too clown like for me as I've got quite a few pinky undertones so I just look a bit sunburnt
cry.gif
! Let me know what you girls think.

Blushbaby

I've not tried the MAC ones but have had Nars Exhibit A put on me. I was really hesitant about her putting it on me, but was pleasantly surprised and want to buy it now.

So yes, I'm for red blushes ..if applied carefully. They won't suit everybody though.

What are the differences between Apple Red and Flame Red? Which is stronger?

Septemba

Blushbaby does ExA throw a lot of orange?

I really want to get a red blush, I'm PPP but I think the contrast could be really pretty!
heart.gif

I don't think any of the hardcore true reds aren't PRO in Aus
ssad.gif

pianohno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I've not tried the MAC ones but have had Nars Exhibit A put on me. I was really hesitant about her putting it on me, but was pleasantly surprised and want to buy it now.

So yes, I'm for red blushes ..if applied carefully. They won't suit everybody though.

What are the differences between Apple Red and Flame Red? Which is stronger?

Personally, I find Apple Red stronger! It's such a gorgeous colour, caught my eye as soon as I went into the PRO shop
bigheart.gif
How is the colour pay off on the NARS ? Might have to go try it!

pianohno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I really want to get a red blush, I'm PPP but I think the contrast could be really pretty!
heart.gif

Yeah I love how it looks on pale skin (for the majority)! Don't think I could ever stray from my pinks though
shrugs.gif

doomkitteh

I used to have premeditated ccb, and I loved it. It was the first blush I got and I used it for years.

MzzRach

Applied properly, I think red blush looks amazing. It can actually look incredibly natural.

pianohno

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
If I want to look like a clown for a day, sure yeah.

lol.gif
Yeah when not applied well it does remind me of this fellow ...
Ronald_McDonald.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomkitteh
I used to have premeditated ccb, and I loved it. It was the first blush I got and I used it for years.

I can't say I've tried that CCB, I'll get swatching when I next hit MAC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Applied properly, I think red blush looks amazing. It can actually look incredibly natural.

Yeah I totally agree, my mother naturally blushes a gorgeous reddy colour, so red blush applied on her just looks like she's not wearing anything but has a super healthy 'glow' to her!

GlamYOURUs

lol This is just my opinion. I wouldn't dab my brush into something so bright or bold and apply it. That would be silly and scary! But personally, I do love bright colors, I just don't think I could pull off certain colors like red on cheeks, blue on lips (some people do, lol) and bright pink on the eyes. Again, this is just me.

M.A.C. head.

I don't like flat out red blush but something like Merrily mineralized blush from MAC is great.

I have a rouge from Ben Nye that is straight up RED and I never wear it. It's just not right LOL

MAC_Whore

Application technique and tools make all the difference. Certainly on really dark or really light skin tones, it will make more of a statement. I like the option. I use the following red MAC reg and pro blushes that are quite vivid and I am an NW20:

• Salsarose
  • Frankly Scarlet
  • True Red
  • Flame Red

If you are applying a vivid blush, but go overboard, just buff some MSF Natural or Smashbox Halo powder over the top of it to tone it down.

Septemba

I think pretty much anything can look great (or crap) depending on the application and person wearing it. Red blush can be extremely beautiful!

I know it can look scary in the pan but I doubt that many people want smears of red on their cheeks. IMO the same thing could be said for contouring/highlighting (who wants brown stripes or white splotches on their face?), it's all about the application!
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianohno
Yeah I love how it looks on pale skin (for the majority)! Don't think I could ever stray from my pinks though
shrugs.gif

I adore it, it's the real look of a porcelain doll hey?
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach

Totally! It's a natural blushing/flush colour anyway. It makes sense! Light hand as always.
yes.gif

Blushbaby

Quote:
Blushbaby does ExA throw a lot of orange?

Hmm no not really. It just looked 'rosy' on me (NC50) and was a nice flush of colour to my cheeks. The colour payoff is fab as expected with Nars blushes.

The MA applied it very lightly and it still showed up really well. I was expectinG it to look really OTT but it didn't. You only need a teeny bit cos it's so pigmented.

I'll try it with Albatross when I get it.

Shadowy Lady

I tried Apple Red in the store but I didn't like it on me. I have a lot of red/pink in my skin already and finding a nice red blush is hard, this one just made me look more red
ssad.gif
I will try some of the one suggested above though, maybe I'll have some more luck

Septemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Hmm no not really. It just looked 'rosy' on me (NC50) and was a nice flush of colour to my cheeks. The colour payoff is fab as expected with Nars blushes.

The MA applied it very lightly and it still showed up really well. I was expectinG it to look really OTT but it didn't. You only need a teeny bit cos it's so pigmented.

I'll try it with Albatross when I get it.

Thanks
smiles.gif
I've been lemming it for a while, I know it's gonna be a steep learning curve but it just looks so vibrant and gorgeous!

pianohno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
If you are applying a vivid blush, but go overboard, just buff some MSF Natural or Smashbox Halo powder over the top of it to tone it down.

Yeah, MSF Natural can be used to tone down practically ANYTHING! It's useful for when I put a bit TOO much blush on (am I the only one who gets so excited putting make up on?!?!) but can't be bothered taking it ALL off - just blend it out and buff away
lol.gif

Quote:
I adore it, it's the real look of a porcelain doll hey?
heart.gif

Yes! I can't wear bronzer (everything is too dark for me!) and peaches (apart from benefit's Georgia) just don't seem to do it for me! Pink's on porcelain skin
bigheart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I have a lot of red/pink in my skin already and finding a nice red blush is hard, this one just made me look more red
ssad.gif
I will try some of the one suggested above though, maybe I'll have some more luck

If you do have any look finding one that doesn't make you look more red - let me know as I'm in the same boat as you! Good luck
yes.gif

leenybeeny

When applied with a light hand, and with soft lips and eyes, I think it gives a really beautifully flushed look.