Red dress, _____ makeup?

iLust

I'm not sure what I'm doing for New Years yet, but I'll be with my boyfriend and I know I wanna look hot! lol. I'm actually still trying to decide between two different outfits:
A sexy metallic silver fitted top (very similar to this one, except a silver halter top instead of gold tube top, and a dark greyish belt),with a satiny black fitted knee length skirt or the following red dress.

I rarely wear red, so I would very much appreciate some makeup ideas for this dress.

When dressing formally, I often wear black, and my usual look is neutral eyes with black, slightly winged liner and red lips. I'm pretty sure red lips would be too much with a red dress. I would love to do a smokey eye, but not sure if that would work for me, because I have pretty small almond shaped eyes.
A couple pictures for reference:

437084060_l.jpg

chairsm.jpg

TIA, and sorry for the poorly worded descriptions!

shootergirlnc

I think you would be able to pull off a smokey eye!! I would do that with nude lips and a soft blush. Think "Angelina Jolie" type makeup look.

Hawkeye

I think you would look super sexy in a bronzy smokey eye and ITA with Shootergirl.

I would wear peachy lipgloss and blush

NikkiHorror

I love the red dress it's suuuuper hot. I'd do smokey eyes and a nude lip for sure. Make the smoke in the crease instead of along the lash line to open up your eyes. I'd use Beauty Sleep as a highlight, Mystery on the inner lid, Carbon in the crease, and Cranberry on the outer lid for the eyes. Oh and instead of gloss, keep the lip matte for a really bold statement.
greengrin.gif
HOT!

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
I think you would look super sexy in a bronzy smokey eye and ITA with Shootergirl.

I would wear peachy lipgloss and blush

ur so right on with this combo with a red dress...... cause its the look i used for my xmas part ball....... and i wore a red dress
clap.gif
clap.gif

sexypuma

I am the only dissenting opinion but i don't think you should do smokey eyes because your eyes are pretty small and i am afraid it would be overpowering. I would stick with what works for me (that is you). But then again I am no expert in makeup.

iLust

Thanks so much girlies, all recs sound good, I'm thinking I might try the bronzey smokey eye. I may do some test runs before tonight.

My eyes are pretty small, but I think maybe if I tone down the smokiness, it won't be overpowering.

Latest posts