Red Eyeshadow

chocokitty

Does MAC make a red eyeshadow?

I can think of Brick (pro) e/s but wasn't sure if it would be considered a red or if I can use a base to making it more of a red.

Any recommendations?

lazytolove

I think MAC Mi Lady mineral eyeshadow will work. But it's a discontinued product. You can try Ebay.
smiles.gif

kabuki_KILLER

Passionate is a red matte. My favorite is the Limited Post Haste, which is slighlty more pink than passionate.

If you want a more rusty red that is still pretty red, not rust, I might try Urban Decay's "Heat" deluxe eyeshadow. It's discontinued but you can probably still find it.

For a bright, slightly orange matte red, try Make Up For Ever's no 99 eyeshadow/blush.

If you want a red that's bright but not too orange or pink, my favorite is Sephora's "Geisha Kiss" eyeshadow single. There are so many more, but Those are just the ones I have.

chocokitty

Excellent! I didn't think there would be this many options for red. I'll have to make my way over to Sephora this week...

Thanks!

starlaj

I wouldnt go with mac for a red eyeshadow, i would opt for something like aromaleigh who has some amazing reds, from brick reds to blood reds with sparkle.

martiangurll

There is a MES called DangerZone I think that has a beautiful red. YOu can find it on ebay or in the clearance bin...

roLLerGrrL

Inglot has some nice red eyeshadows. I have my eye on their Red Gel Eyeliner which I've seen online somewhere used as eyeliner & also a base/eyeshadow.

LorraineER

I second Sugarpill. They make a matte bright true red pressed shadow that is great quality and only $12.

Meisje

I have not used the Sugarpill one but the swatches I've seen of Love+ have blown me away. This post by Jangsara contains great swatches of it:
http://jangsara.blogspot.com/2010/06/sugar-rush-continues-hysteric-starling.html

They also have a loose red and this other post lists a couple of mineral makeup dupes for a warm, shimmery red.
http://jangsara.blogspot.com/2010/07/royally-sugared-peacock-in-asylum.html

Her swatches are really high-quality.

Cydonian

Sugarpill Love +, or go with an indie company like Aromaleigh, Fyrinnae, etc.. (recommended earlier and I definitely agree).

R21ORCHID

I have to go with the Sugarpill suggestions everyone else voiced on this one - you will not regret trying this mentioned red shadow.

LorraineER

I already suggested Sugarpill (along w/ lots of other people) for a matte, pressed bright red but If anyone reading this is looking for a satin, shimmery or sparkly red, Fyrinnae has a fire-engine red called Kamikaze. Evil Shades has one called Heartless Queen. Geek Chic cosmetics (new, but good and not repackagers) has one called "Six". Hi-Fi cosmetics on Etsy has lots of great reviews and they have a few reds, I think- you'd just need to browse. Shiro cosmetics also have some good-looking reds. I think the Etsy companies (Hi-Fi, Shiro) could formulate a red for you minus glitter if you asked. Most indie and mineral companies have at least one red shade and offer inexpensive samples (usually around $1.)

blazeno.8

My faves are:
Matte: MUFE 99
Shimmer: MAC Mi'Lady
Glitter: MAC Reflects Rust
I still want to try Gosh's Fox.
I've tried Passionate and it's really a pink, not a red. UD's Heat is a great color, but I got it hoping it would be red. It's not a true red, it's more of a pink in comparison to the ones that are being named.