Red hair, NC20, which colours??

SARAHheartsMAC

Hi all,

I am thinking about dying my hair a dark red colour. ATM it is a darkish brown. I have hazel eyes and I am a NC20-25.

My question is, if I dye my hair? what colour eyeshadows/lipsticks/blushes will go well with my complexion?

Also any Mac suggestions are welcome!

XX

iluvmac

Definitely warm colors. Stay away from the cool ones. Browns, coppers, bronzes and GREENS (but not "acid" greens: I'm talking about dark, forest and olive greens) are perfect with red hair! For lips and cheeks, warmer colors too. Hope this helps.

SARAHheartsMAC

Thanks!
I have emerald green pigment and quite a few coppery colours.

Would lighter lippies work on the lips? e.g. 3N, hue, high tea, sugar trance?

iluvmac

Yes, those are all perfect colors for you. Just stay away from l/s that are cool pink. They must have a bit of beige in them (IMHO, at least...) Just a suggestion: try Honeyflower lipstick and let me know :)

iluvmac

Yes, those are all perfect colors for you. Just stay away from l/s that are cool pink. They must have a bit of beige in them (IMHO, at least...) Just a suggestion: try Honeyflower lipstick and let me know :)

SARAHheartsMAC

Honeyflower, I will take a look at that! thanks

Also red lips, yes I will. I have a few red lippies at the mo but haven't been brave enough to wear them!

xx

Depends if you're tinting your hair a blue/purple toned red or a orange/yellow toned red.

Blue/purple toned redheads: pink, ash and blue based makeup
Pinks
Mauves
Taupes
Black/grey browns
Greys
Sage
Violets/purples and blues (if you're into coloured eyeshadow)

Orange/yellow toned redheads: corals, orange and yellow based makeup
Coral
Peach
Apricot
Caramel and camel
Sienna
Red browns
Olives/gold and yellow (if you're into coloured eyeshadow)

Redheads, brunettes, blonde etc colouring posts ought to be stickied IMO.

purrtykitty

ANYTHING purple!! I'm just a bit lighter than you with the same eye color and I had auburn hair for quite awhile. Purples...especially lilacs and plums look divine. Otherwise, greens, browns, bronzes are fantastic, as well.