Red lips with...?

alurabella

Ok, so, my fiancee and I stopped by the MAC makeup counter in the mall, and he's discovered he LOVES the way I look in red lips. First off, it's unusual for him to even comment on my makeup at all... so I figured I'd go ahead and try the red lips for my wedding. I'd wear simple makeup... mainly blackeyeliner, and red lips, and a bit of bronzer on the cheeks.

MY question... my flowers are all very springy... peaches, pinks and creams. My bridesmaids flowers are a bit bolder- oranges and hot pinks... but still... would it look right to have such bold makeup when everything else is muted, and there's not a single bit of red anywhere else?? Also, m dress is ivory, and the bridesmaid dresses are a light sage green (peridot, at David's Bridal, to be specific).

maxcat

You're the bride!!! You can wear blue lipstick if your heart desires - it's your day!! What I would do, though, is try on the look and then have a friend take some pictures. Your lips are gonna really jump out in photos.
There are also other ways to tone it down - I'd reccomend light allover MAC liner in cherry or brick, blot - and then Venetian lipglass overtop. The liner will help it last but the lipglass will give you a fresh shine... Then, once y'all get to the honeymoon suite, slap on that Russian Red and go for it.

asteffey

culturebloom is a sparkly lighter red that i would suggest. plus, its a lustre so it will add some gloss factor.

Latest posts