Red Lipstick Suggestions

pumpedupkicks

I have a formal event coming up and I'm really looking forward to wearing a red lipstick that night. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best brand and color name?

Thanks so much!

pumpedupkicks

I have light skin, blondish-brown hair, and green eyes. I'm open to any finish... I usually go with glossy, but I'm open to any recommendations of lipsticks to try

sandrah

Mac: Mahogany liner with Dubonet lipstick and Russian red lipgloss on top. So pretty! Or nightmoth liner with ruby woo lipstick. Russian Red and Mac Red are worth checking out ;)

tears3101

I'd recommend you check out YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats - 204 Rouge Scandal, it's gorgeous red lipstick.
It got great reviews - http://hudabeauty.com/2012/12/10/my-favorite-red-lipstick-of-the-moment/ & http://www.makeupalley.com/product/x_showreview.asp/ItemId=155064/Rouge-Pur-Couture-The-Mats-Mat-No.-204-Rouge-Scandal/Yves-Saint-Laurent/Lipstick

shellygrrl

Staff member
Illamasqua has several reds to choose from as well; I think they're all matte finish. I also like Revlon Colorburst l/s in True Red; glossy finish.

tats

MAC Russian Red usually suits everyone, a lot of people like it. I have similar complexion to yours, with light skin and yellow undertone and I prefer orange reds such as MAC Lady Danger, but it's quite bright. As has been mentioned Illamasqua has a good selection of different red shades, worth checking out.

DivaLevy

Ruby Woo is the way to go or Russian Red. If you like liquid lipsticks NSFW by OCC is good too!
yahoo.gif

purplevines

NARS Velvet matte pencil in Cruella. Beautiful red, not too deep and not too bright. Such a classy looking red, love it!

NATlar

I used to love mac Russian Red with Cherry lip liner until i got the Ronnie Red from the Archie Girls Collection but if i didn't have that then definitely Russian Red.

Latest posts