red marks from past spots

pr1nces583

ive got quite a few red marks/scars on my face (mainly my chin) from past spots. this usually happens with whiteheads- which tend to appear out of nowhere over night. they are usually quite big and obvious so i have to squeeze them as i cant really turn up to work with a big pus filled spot!

is there anyway i can get rid of these marks? i regularly exfoliate and i have a good skin care regimen with dermalogica products.

athena123

princess, are you currently using any Vit C in your routine? I don't have red scars as you do, but some ladies have reported that regular usage of Vit C serums can help reduce the effects of hyperpigmentation. I use it for the antiox properties and prevention of free radicals. Be sure you're using a good sunscreen as well to prevent UV rays from exacerbating the problem.

Other skin brighteners like kojic acid, roobios tea and hydroquinone may work for you as well. I used Murad's Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel [contains 2% hydroquinone] on the back of my hands for the maximum recommended amount of 3 months and it was pretty effective at bleaching out the freckles caused by too much sun in my misspent youth
cutey.gif
Be aware that the cosmetic safety website has linked hydroquinone to skin cancer. I still use it because that website thinks EVERYTHING is bad for you, but I am a little more careful with it and apply sunscreen to face, neck, chest and hands religiously!

Good luck,

Athena

pr1nces583

im not using any vitamin c on my skin but i do eat a lot of oranges and drink a lot of orange juice, not sure if it will have the same effect!

ill check out the other things you mentioned too
smiles.gif

Latest posts