Redoing my palettes

iluvhim247365

So I'm new to the whole MAC and makeup thing in general. I recently got 3 palettes from MAC and was wondering how I should arrange them... So these are the colors I currently have:
1. Bronze
2. Nylon
3. Cork
4. All That Glitters
5.Tempting
6. Woodwinked
7. Mulch
8. Charcoal brown
9. Courdory
10. Antiqued
11. Hand Written
12. Espresso
13. Satin Taupe
14. Smut
15. Sketch
16. Copperplate
17. Knight Divine
18. Electra
19. Carbon
20. Ploof!
21. Shroom
22. Naked Lunch
23. Brule
24. Gleam
25. Retrospeckt
26. Motif
27. Girlie
28. Haux
29. Kid
30. Swiss Chocolate
31. Texture
32. Amber Lights
33. Embark
34. Mythology
35. Nehru
36. Shadowy Lady
37. Contrast
38. Club
39. Sumptious Olive
40. Humid
41. Sushi Flower
42. Swish
43. Stars N Rockets
44. Beautiful Iris
45. Paradisco

So I need some help putting them in the right places in my palette... any help would be appreciated, and if there are any shadows that you love and can't live without that i have missed please let me know!
Thanks in advance!
Erin

smokeyrose

Well I see that you have a lot of brown/bronze eyeshadows so I would definately make a brown palette, then a nude palette which could also include the gold and pink shimmery eyeshadows on your list and the last palette could be made of all the black/smokey shades that are left.

EDIT: and for eyecandy click through this thread
amuse.gif

http://www.specktra.net/t/163029/show-me-your-mac-eyeshadow-palettes

ladymac1

I have a palette for every colour group, and within those groups, when I kept the insert in, I would arrange them with light colours in the top row, mediums in the middle and dark shades at the bottom. If you look at 3 colours vertically, they were arranged so the 3 colours would coordinate for a smokey eye, but this would (cunningly!) also mean that diagonal combos worked too. My kit grew too much to keep the inserts in so now I have nudes, browns, greys/silver, blues and greens, pink, purple and all the pro colours separately