Refined Zone Treatment Experiment/FOTD

vocaltest

I did a Prep & Prime Refined Zone Treatment experiment today for anyone who's interested on how it holds up, so pictures/FOTD
smiles.gif

Eyes:
UDPP
Cloud e/s (Stila)
Copperplate e/s
Smut e/s
Dazzlelight e/s

Face:
P&P Refined Zone (t-zone)
Matte (all over)
Studio Finish Concealer NW20 (under eyes & blemishes)
Chanel Mat Lumiere
Stila CC Colour - Lillium
Tenderling Blush (contour)
Teeny bit of MSF Natural on t-zone

Lips:
Rimmel l/s 'Foxy'.

Okay, my skin is EXCESSIVELY oily and my foundation always cakes around my nose no matter what. I took the before pictures at 2.45pm and the after pictures at 9.20pm. In that period I went shopping... nothing too strenuous but I always get hot whilst shopping from trying on stuff etc.

Before:

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

After:

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

Yeah.. pretty shiny! And my foundation has started to cake round my nose. BUT, I did get quite hot whilst shopping from trying stuff on etc. Usually I would be shiny and my foundation would have caked around my nose after an hour or so.

When I wore it on Saturday to work I didn't apply any primer on top of it, and it I was considerably shine free for the majority of the day. Only when it came to about 4pm did I start to notice some shine.. usually by 11am-12pm I'm shinezilla. Only downside to not applying a primer after the Refined Zone was that it made my foundation incredibly hard to blend, especially using a foundation that is already meant to give a matt finish, so maybe a more moisturising foundation such as Studio Sculpt would work better with Refined Zone alone.

So my verdict is... its not entirely what I was hoping for (I was hoping for no shine all day) but it does prolong the wear of my foundation by a LONG while.

Hope that helps some of you!

TISH1124

Love this look...although I thought the before was flawless...

It caked my m/u really bad...I sampled it in the store and 3 hours later my face was chalky looking...not shiney at all ...I called my friend screaming...I had to wipe my makeup off in the car with a wet ones....LOL

MACLovin

Gorgeous! Your looks are always so pretty and well done.

What did you use in the crease, is that Copperplate?

annielise

Love, love, love the way you do your eyeliner. My experience with the Refined Skin Zone was a bit better, though. It makes my nose seem so poreless, and did not make me shine at all.

cupcake_x

It looks beautiful as always.

And thanks for posting your experiment! I think your face looks good before and after.

vocaltest

Thanks everyone <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Gorgeous! Your looks are always so pretty and well done.

What did you use in the crease, is that Copperplate?

Yep thats right! It went some gorgeous Moth Brown/Satin Taupe esque colour over Cloud
smiles.gif