Refridgerating l/s & l/g?

cinnybuns

Has anyone here refridgerated there backup l/g and l/s? To prolong the life I purchased xtra dazzleglass before I heard the rumor that they may be going perm. Now that we are approaching summer I don't want the backups to go bad.
th_dunno.gif

Margolicious

Hmmm, I never head of this. Maybe someone more experienced could answer this question. We certainly dont want to wast precious MAC
smiles.gif

rbella

I've refrigerated lipgloss before and I personally don't think that it prolonged the life of it at all. If you do, be sure to let it sit out a few hours before you use it again. Otherwise the consistency of the l/g is nasty.

iluffyew769769

I don't think refrigerating lipsticks or lipglasses would prolong the life. As long as you keep them tightly closed in a air-conditioned place (that's not humid) they should be fine.

ilurvemakeup

I refrigerate 95% of my makeup for yrs now and they've never gone bad on me. I do make sure they don't have odd odors or discoloration on them. I replace my mascaras every other month etc. I also keep my stash away from major food/liquid and stored tightly.

HeavenLeiBlu

Funny you posted this; I was gonna ask the same thing. I remember years ago, when I was in my teens, I read in a mag that some actress ( I forget who she was) said that lipsticks she loved always got discontinued, so she started buying the ones she really liked in bulk, and stored them in the fridge, along with her photographer boyfriend's rolls of film. I always wondered if there was any use in that, and it came to mind yesterday as I was trying to reorganize and consolidate items in my traincase. I have NO MORE ROOM, and quite a few of the lipsticks I have never used (and may not ever use on myself- they may become useful in a kit in the future), and I was wondering if I should move them into my little bedroom frigde.

No matter what happens, I'm still gonna have to get another traincase, or find myself a nice, sturdy vanity to store all my stuff, LOL

SkylarV217

HEHE I have my mini fridge from my dorm packed with nail polish , perfume and back up make up .... I think It helps a lot =)

SkylarV217

Chemically it slows down the movement of the chemicals within a product .... thats my logic behind it lol

Kuuipo

I do refridgerate some lipsticks because during the day my apartment can get well over 110 degrees (20 more than outside) and lipsticks are too melty....but it does not preserve the life of the lipstick.

Latest posts