REGARDING MAC PAINT POTS.....

SamanthaDeMuro

As a lover of all things beauty for most of my life, I may sound foolish asking this question. BUT, as a beauty junkie and HUGE MAC fan, I have always only stuck to dry eye shadow. Now that y'all have informed me what pigments are and how to use them my next question is what exactly is a paint pot and how do you use one? I want to branch out but cream like shadows scare me. Please advise me. Thank you.

LavenderPearl

Here's what MAC says about paint pots: "A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners." They're listed under the eye shadow section online, but from what I've seen (myself included), most people use them as a primer and/or base. I wouldn't say they have the creamiest texture (although I feel like they almost apply more smoothly the longer you use them), they aren't dry either. I actually appreciate the /slightly/ thicker application because I feel like it's actually providing a base for my eyeshadow to adhere to. In my experience, the best mode of application is your finger. I would say do one eye at a time, because they tend to set pretty fast. And boy, let me tell you, once that sucker is on it's not coming off until you want it to! I have oily eyelids and the only times this has ever creased on me was occasionally during the summer -- we're talking crazy East Coast heat/humidity here -- and even then it was only slight. I can't say that about any other primer/base I've tried besides LORAC Behind The Scenes and the Laura Mercier caviar sticks. PP's remain the one true love, though

Yazmin

Most of them work as a primer. Some a more creamier and might crease on very oily lids. I was under the impression that I needed a primer with the PP too.
I suppose that will largely depend on your eyelids/crease. Some can just use a PP and be done but for others like me, I have to have a primer underneath. I need the combination of a primer and a base (be it paint pot, color tattoo, aqua cream, etc.), especially in my crease because I tend to get oily there.

Latest posts