relatively new.. tell me honestly what you think :)

cheapglamour

here's a few looks i've done on myself in the last week. i REALLY wanna know what you all think.

be honest.
smiles.gif

2ypnt54.jpg

kbzsck.jpg

kdk214.jpg

hvsdw7.jpg

All of my colors were from a Coastal Scents 88 palette.
Except for the red and black, that is MAC (danger zone).

shootout

Gorgeous colors.
I just think that maybe you're bringing the color too far up on your lid.
I would suggest stopping at the crease, and adding a nice highlighter under the brow to just soften it a bit.
Just my opinion though.

ETA: Please list what you have used so it isn't moved to the Say Cheese! board.

LilSphinx

I personally don't feel that you've gone too high up on your lid. I like alot of color and usually take my e/s up to my brow bone and leave a gap between the color and my eyebrow where I can add a light shimmery white or pink, etc. for the highlight.
-You're going to run into a variety of preferences on that one.

My CC would be that you aren't blending out your colors enough. For instance, the first look you posted with the dark red...the top, dark red just seems to stop in a sharp curve (same with the 2nd 'look'). I don't think that shape works for your eye. Maybe try to blend it so that the color slowly dissolves as it get closer to your brow bone and also let is soften as it pulls further away from the outer corner of your eye.

Otherwise, the colors look good...just need to blend more.

Again, you're going to run into a variety of opinions because everyone has different tastes.

Good luck!
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

I tend to agree with the blending part. How high the color goes up is more of a personal preference. You may want to blend with the highlight just a little more. I love the color combinations and placements, though, you're instincts are spot on! And your lashes are AMAZING!!

cheapglamour

This is sad. but. I'm really not sure how to blend.. i know what it is and i TRY to do it. but i fail lol
is there a proper way?

wow that's kinda embarrassing.

purrtykitty

You just need a good brush! Try MAC 217 or Sephora #29. Just take your blending brush and use it in small circles right where two colors meet. Believe me, it takes practice, but you'll be a pro in no time!!

aziajs

I think you blend the colors on your lid very well. Where it looks like you need a little work is blending t he crease color and filling in and shaping your brows. You just need to blend your crease color into the lid more and blend it out into your skin more.

cheapglamour

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I think you blend the colors on your lid very well. Where it looks like you need a little work is blending t he crease color and filling in and shaping your brows. You just need to blend your crease color into the lid more and blend it out into your skin more.

I don't know if this sounds weird but i am scared of my eyebrows
ssad.gif

I've tried filling them in.. turns out either too dark or too thick.
And thanks for your suggestions
smiles.gif

shootout

I'll definitely agree with everyone, my suggestion was purely based on personal preference. However, you might want to try it and see if it works for you!

Filling in brows takes practice.
If you want help with a color suggestion, go visit your favorite MUA.
Most are quite capable of suggesting a proper shade.

Brittni

I suggest you watch some "how to" videos on YouTube that better explain blending and stuff like that (in reference to you saying you know what it is but not how to do it) and really, brushes make all the difference.
smiles.gif

amyzon

I agree with the other ladies, I think you need to work on your blending
smiles.gif
I think the 224 will be your best friend, as it was mine.

One other thing I'd recommend is using a slightly lighter color on the very inner corner of your lids because it really softens the edges and doesn't look as harsh.

chocolategoddes

The colors you used are GORGEOUS! so brigth and pretty.

Sure, it could be blended a bit better and I'd like to see you with a shaplier brow. Watch a lot of youtube makeup tuts and practice A LOT!

fintia

I agree too... just work out with your blending ;-) I was really bad a it at the beginning and now I am soo much better you just have to keep practicing and if you can get your hands on a 217 MAC brush and a 224 you are set!! These are my two special loves!! hehe A bit pricey but so worth it!!!

cheapglamour

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyzon

One other thing I'd recommend is using a slightly lighter color on the very inner corner of your lids because it really softens the edges and doesn't look as harsh.

I'll definitely try that.
greengrin.gif