• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Requested GREEN smoky-ish eye tutorial

TDoll

Hey everyone! This tutorial is based on a FOTD I did a while back. The focus is on this green eye shadow look:

DSC09937.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

Hope you all find this helpful, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
yes.gif

Lets start...

Go ahead and do your face makeup routine. Skip the blush. Add it last after you do your eyes so you'll know the right amount to add that will complement your eyes! (If you usually do your face makeup after your eyes, thats fine too!) Also, fill your brows or skip it...whatever you usually do.

First, apply your eye shadow base. We're going to use 2. Apply Painterly paint pot first, from your crease up to your brow. Next, apply Pharaoh paint pot on your lid, from the
crease down. Use your finger! I like to use my ring finger. I've found that if you use a brush, it wastes way too much product that gets into the brush and doesn't give you as much color payoff unless you use tons of it!
DSC00306.jpg

DSC00315.jpg
(It looks a little yellow in this picture, but it's actually a very bright green)

Next, apply Chartreuse pigment to the inner half of the lid with a flat shader brush like the 239. Pat it on, don't rub...and don't blend.
DSC00310.jpg
DSC00329.jpg

Next apply Emerald Green pigment to the center 1/3 of the lid with the 239 brush as well. It will overlap the Chartreuse pigment and thats ok. Again, pat it on and do not blend.
DSC00330.jpg
DSC00334.jpg

Next, apply Forest Green pigment to the outer part of the lid-not covered by pigment yet. Slightly overlap the Emerald Green pigment. Pat it on and don't blend. Form a soft, more oval outer v with it, so that it looks like this:
DSC00392.jpg
DSC00339.jpg

(Yes, it's supposed to look this crappy and un-blended, lol. If your's looks this crappy too, you're doing it right!
smiles.gif
)

Now its FINALLY time to blend! Take a soft blending brush similar to the 224. You don't want a super dense blending brush for this because you don't want to remove too much product. Blend softly, and in back and forth motions.
DSC00343.jpg
DSC00345.jpg

(Looks much better huh?)
Now you have a good shape to work with.

Now take a dense flat shader brush similar to the 227 and apply your brow highlight. I used Vanilla e/s.
DSC00142.jpg

Also, take a little bit of Carbon e/s on a small brush and darken the outer v a little bit by dabbing it over the outer v area of the Forest Green color. Lightly blend with the 224 brush. Take the 239 and dab a little more Forest Green pigment right over the area you applied the Carbon. Lightly blend again with the 224 brush. This intensifies the green color.

Next, we're going to line the lower lash line with some Emerald Green pigment dampened with some Visine. I like to use empty small jars (like sample jars) to mix the wet pigment. Drip a very small drop of Visine into the jar and keep adding very small amounts of pigment until you have a good consistency that is more pasty than watery. Take a fatter angled brush (one that doesn't make a thin line) and apply this wet pigment to the lower lash line. You can go all the way in, or just on the outer half, whatever you prefer.
DSC00352.jpg
DSC00355.jpg

Next, apply a gel liner to the upper lash line with a sharp angled brush. I'm using Loreal HiP cream liner in black and a Benefit hard angle brush (it creates the thinnest line!).
DSC00356.jpg
DSC00358.jpg

Now, (as I always do) apply Carbon e/s over the line with another small angled brush. I use the 208. This step intensifies the line and smooths and blurs the edges for an even look.
DSC00360.jpg
DSC00362.jpg

Now, apply mascara. I use CG Lashblast in black.
DSC00366.jpg

To complete the look, I added some Gingerly blush and of course, the green Tendertone, Shush!. (It's my all time favorite)
DSC00375.jpg

Aaaand...we're done!

Ok, so if you find the inner part of the green is a little too bright (which I did tonight, b/c my hubby was taking me out to dinner and I wanted to go more "sultry" than "neon") you can easily fix it without removing anything.
Take a gold based green like Sumptuous Olive e/s and apply it with a small brush over the inner half of the lid, or just over the bright green part. Voila! Fixed!
DSC00430.jpg

DSC09926.jpg

Thanks so much for looking!
winkiss.gif

juicygirl

you are awesome! another super tut! i love how detailed you are and the pics are completely idiot proof. i liked how it came out with the sumptuous olive e/s...sexy!

NicksWifey

Yaaay, thanks for posting this Tiff! This is one look I've been dying to know the secrets to
smiles.gif
Thanks for sharing another great tut!

Cachica

Wow, I love your tutorials!!

When you apply Carbon on top of the gel liner, do you wait for the gel to dry first?

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachica
Wow, I love your tutorials!!

When you apply Carbon on top of the gel liner, do you wait for the gel to dry first?

I never really make it a point to wait because I find it dries pretty quickly. And I've never had an issue with smudging because I apply the e/s in short strokes or pats.

pretebrowneyes

once again, a great tut....i don't kno if i have enuff green for this look but i'm gonna try this at home with some kind of variation....thanks again!

lalunia

Great tutorial!! Thanks for posting this, I don't have pharoah pp but I will sooo try this once I get my hands on the Tempting quad!

bklyn

This question has nothing to do w the look (which is beautiful), but I am having a shoe dilemma. Do you remember where you got that great shoe storage unit that's in the background of your last pic? thanks. i know i'm weird.

RoseyPosey

Seriously!!!! amazinnnnnggggg tut! i always look forward to your FOTD's but espeically your TUTs because i always love your makeup!

Please do more tuts!!!! preferably something with purples?!?! Lol

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn
This question has nothing to do w the look (which is beautiful), but I am having a shoe dilemma. Do you remember where you got that great shoe storage unit that's in the background of your last pic? thanks. i know i'm weird.

Those shoe racks are amazing...and they are actually 9 stackable shoe/sweater racks put together. They are sold at Target in the aisle where the closet organization is. Not where the rubbermaid type storage containers are and where the hangers are, but kinda on the other side of the store where the boxed "put together yourself" storage solutions are. Each shelf has like 2 slots with pegs you can attach to the top to stack another to. When you first start to put them together, you are going to think it's such a bitch to do, but after you do a few, you get the hang of it. Just make sure you have an electric screw driver...lol. Otherwise, you could be in trouble. Here is a link to it at target.com
24 Horizontal - Maple : Target
However, mine is the longer one...I couldn't find it on the site, but they have the different sizes in the store. If you decide to go and buy a lot of them, TAKE SOMEONE WITH YOU! The boxes are very heavy!
smiles.gif

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
Ooooh, I like this.

Does the green tendertone take away the pink from yr lips?

Yeah, it kinda does b/c it's really shimmery. But I don't have reeeeally bright pink lips anyway...they're kinda pale.