• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Requested: Matte2 Tutorial & Neutral with a Pop + Mattene Review [videos, links]

stephie06

EDIT: I have pictures for comparison up on my blog stephienese.blogspot.com I took pictures my lips with each of the lipsticks that i bought so hopefully this will help y'all out! For reference, I'm NC30

Mattene Review

I went to MAC yesterday to buy the Mattene Collection. I bought:

- 12 pan palette
- Mystery Kohl Power (finally had it in!)
- Brush Cleanser
- 40s Pink Mattene l/s
- Flattering Mattene l/s
- Poise Mattene l/s
- Powersuit Mattene l/s
- Seriously Rich Mattene l/s
- You Say Tomato Mattene l/s
- Classic Dame Mattene l/s

I probably will go back to buy a couple more.... in any case, I did a video review over this collection. This review was over two days, I started it like 10 minutes after I came back from the mall. Then my honie came over & I stopped recording that day (I had to work as well). In the first part of the review, the makeup that I'm wearing is from my Matte2 Smokey Purple Tutorial, and the second part is from my Neutral Eyes with a Pop of Color Tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_73K4AaQFc

DSC06990.jpg

DSC07016.jpg

Matte 2 Smokey Purple Tutorial

I believe kiss_me requested a purple tutorial & a few youtube subscribers asked for a Matte2 tutorial. I decided to try and finish both at once
smiles.gif
I love to multi-task hehehe
winks.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQK34s2Oaw

DSC06950.jpg

DSC06949.jpg

DSC06954.jpg

Neutral Eyes with a Pop of Color

I did this look back in August, but added just some blue at the bottom lashes. This was requested by ShexyKristin on Specktra.net. I wasn't that satisfied with the results, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4kuS0qDI0Q

DSC06995.jpg

DSC07001.jpg

fairytale22

Hey can I ask you a question? For a NC42-3 Asian w/ pigmented lips which of Flattering Pink, Poise, or 40s Pink which you suggest? Also which is most pigmented? I'm leaning toward Poise but I'd love your opinion since you've seen them!
greengrin.gif

ShexyKristin

Wooo! Thanks for doing those sweetie! They turned out great! And I love your review of the Mattene collection.
smiles.gif
I want to go and get 40s Pink and Poise now!
greengrin.gif

stephie06

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytale22
Hey can I ask you a question? For a NC42-3 Asian w/ pigmented lips which of Flattering Pink, Poise, or 40s Pink which you suggest? Also which is most pigmented? I'm leaning toward Poise but I'd love your opinion since you've seen them!
greengrin.gif

hmm.... the three you listed are all pigmented but i'd say my fave is 40s Pink. i have pictures of the lipsticks on my lips on my blog stephienese.blogspot.com so hopefully you can get a better comparison of the colors. i hope this helps & if you need anymore help, just let me know!