• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Requested "Mysterious" shape technique tutorial

TDoll

Hey guys! This tutorial is based on the "new shape for me" FOTD I did a few days ago. It focuses mainly on the eyes, as the shape technique is the main, um, focus...lol. This look is actually very easy and isn't too time consuming. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions, LET ME KNOW!
This is the eye look:

DSC00158.jpg

The stuff you need is pretty basic. It's ok if you don't have the particular MAC shadows/bases I used, as they are basic colors and can be easily duped. I'm not going to list everything, but I'll show you everything as I go.

Start with a "ready" face. (You know your routine
winks.gif
)
I like to do my face makeup before I do my eyes. Then, I do my cheeks and lipcolor. I've always thought that the color/intensity of your eye makeup determines what blush color/intensity and lip color/intensity you should use.

Go ahead and do whatever you do with your eyebrows.
Start by applying UDPP all over your eyelid and to the brow. Then, apply Bare Study paint pot over just the eyelid.
primer.jpg
base1.jpg

Next, apply Gesso e/s over the Bare Study (eyelid only) with a 239 brush. Don't swipe it over your eyelid, but pat it on so the color really pops.
DSC00120.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

Next, using Mystery e/s, draw a smooth line into your crease with an angled brush that isn't very sharp (makes a fatter line). I use a Sonia Kashuk one. Swoop it up slightly at the outer corner when you reach the outer corner of your eye. Mimic the shape of a swoop you would make with eyeliner. Keep the color darker toward the outer part and lighter toward the inner part of the line. Don't worry about making it perfect at this point.
DSC00126.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

Now, using Bisque (or any color close to your skin tone) take a brush similar to the 227 (a thick, fat, flat shader...mine is by Miss Makeup) and sweep it over the brow bone, just to make the color more even.
DSC00130.jpg

Then, using Mystery again, take a small, dense brush (like a 231...mine is by Sonia Kashuk) and go over your crease shape you made. Define the shape a little and make it look a lil' bit better. It will look HARSH, but don't worry, we're gonna fix it.
DSC00133.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

Go ahead and touch up the white again using your 239 or flat brush.

Now, blend! Using a 224-like brush (mine is a Studio Gear #34), take a matte brownish-gray color like French Grey and use it to blend right over the crease shape you made. Blend back and forth like a windshield wiper. Try to blend the upper line of the shape and not so much into the white.
DSC00136.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

Now it looks a little softer
winks.gif

Now, it's time to highlight. Use Benefit's High Brow pencil (or any pale pink/cream pencil) to trace right below your eyebrow. Blend with your finger. Take your fat shader brush again and apply Vanilla e/s over the area where you blended the pencil.
DSC00140.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

Now apply a brown cream liner with a sharp angled brush. I used Loreal HiP's brown cream liner. When you apply it to the outer edge and begin to make the wing, keep it parallel to the swoop you made on the crease shape. Just mimic the shape of the crease shape.
DSC00144.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

Next, take the tip of the bristles of the 239 and dip it into the Gesso e/s. Use the tip to touch the area between the crease wing and the eye liner wing. This defines the white color between the two browns.
DSC00146.jpg

Now, apply your mascara. I used CG Lashblast.
DSC00153.jpg
damn you, rebel lash
angry.gif

I also like to use my 208 small angled brush to trace over the outer edges of the liner with Mystery, just to clean it up and make the shape look perfect and a little softer.

AND VOILA! You did it! aaaand we're done!
DSC00158.jpg

**If you think the shape is a little weird on you, you can take your 239 and just connect your crease tail to the liner tail and fill in an outer v.

Thanks for looking!
smiles.gif

trip75

Thanx for the tut. You make it look so easy.
Totally off subject but I love your haircut.Thats the cut I wanted when I went to the salon last time. Not exactly what they gave me though. LOL!

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip75
Thanx for the tut. You make it look so easy.
Totally off subject but I love your haircut.Thats the cut I wanted when I went to the salon last time. Not exactly what they gave me though. LOL!

Well, it took me like 3 visits to the salon to get it just right! lol
She got it a little short this last time, so I'm growing it out a little bit. And thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Sweet tut!

And I love your neutrals pallette (or what we could see of it)

Thanks! I use the neutral palette every day...I've got waaay too many...they're overflowing into other palettes now, so I guess it's time to pick up another one...lol

Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments!
tong.gif