Research Papers

christineeee_

I have to write a 12 page paper on Wal-Mart and neo-liberalism/globalization and I haven't even started yet :S I just don't know where to start...any ideas?

blazeno.8

If you're at a university or something you can try using a search engine like JSTOR (if you guys have a subscription). That usually turns up some interesting leads.

noahlowryfan

this is why we don't let big businesses like Walmart open up in San Francisco. they will shut down local businesses. i'm not sure why they let so many Starbucks open up in the city.

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
First thing to do is start collecting data on the history of Walmart. You got to start with the first step.

lol i guess it's time to open up those books i got from the library. they're just lying on the floor in my room..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
If you're at a university or something you can try using a search engine like JSTOR (if you guys have a subscription). That usually turns up some interesting leads.

thanks! i'll look for it on my university's library website
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by choozen1ne
Here are some articles with info about Walmart and Globalism , hope it helps

How to Stop Wal-Mart (and Other Superstores) from Expanding into and Destroying Your Community; and Stopping "Globalization"

Managing Globalization: Is Wal-Mart a win-win model? - International Herald Tribune

Wal-Mart: The Poster Child for Corporate Globalization Gone Awry

Wal-Mart in 2005 - Managing Globalization | Business Strategy Case Studies Collection

Digrevo: Wal-Mart and Globalization

thanks a bunch. i'll have a look at those tomorrow, i'm going to bed now cuz i gotta wake up early for work in the morning.

Kuuipo

Although I shop at Walmart, they built their Honolulu and Kona stores on sacred Hawaiian burial grounds without relocating all our dead kapuna. (Whole Foods is doing the same thing)

captodometer

You should probably read and reference The Long Emergency by James Kunstler. The book is basically about how the world is going to change when the oil supply runs out. A chapter of the book is devoted to suburban sprawl and big-box mass retailers like Wal Mart. Worth a read even if you don't use it for your paper.