Resolution "LOW-BUY" 2015

awickedshape

Best of luck for 2015 For me, I want savings, good skin and hair care over makeup Edit: Jan. 15 all my 2014 items have finally been delivered this week so it's time to start again Jan Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Finish Powder - a disappointment :-( With 10% off: Tom Ford Eye brush no. 12 Oribe Gold Lust hair oil Feb Chanel Poudre Universelle compacte (another disappointment) Mar Sacha FixIt powder Arista eyeshadow duo Cargo HD Pressed Powder Giorgio Armani Shadow eye tint Chanel Antoinette Rouge Coco Gucci Ocean Rhapsody eyeshadow quad Gucci Libertine lipstick Gucci Iconic Black mascara GWP Apr Gucci Fume eyeshadow duo Gucci Ultra Violet eyeshadow mono Gucci Iconic Black mascara GWP Gucci black patent leather cosmetics bag GWP La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral spf 50 (discounted; fail) La Roche-Posay Redermic UV spf 25 (discounted; fail) Gucci Agate eyeshadow duo Gucci Exotic Umber bronzing powder Chanel Amorosa rouge coco shine Cologne for Hubby May Tom Ford Pink Glow eye and cheek palette Tom Ford Golden Peach eyeshadow duo Marc Jacobs Mahogany Le Marc lipstick Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup powder compact Sacha Cosmetics FixIt Powder Jun Tom Ford Naked Bronze eyeshadow duo Marc Jacobs J'Adore Le Marc lipstick YSL Orient eyeshadow mono (discounted) Guerlain Brownie and Clyde eyeshadow mono Tom Ford Raw Jade eyeshadow duo Laura Mercier powder puff (pk of two) Jul Narciso edt (discounted) Chanel Pensive RA Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

veronikawithak

:cheer: Looking forward to continuing on this journey with you all! This year I plan to limit my non-essential purchases to 5 per month, including makeup, skincare, perfume, clothing, etc. I made sure my inventory was up to date so I'm all set to start. I'm doing a Pan That Palette challenge with a 9 Z-palette of some Red Apple Lipstick shadows, and I also plan to do a rotating Project 5 pan with one each of lipstick, lipgloss, lipliner, blush, and powder. I'm happy with the numbers in all other categories. I also plan to stick to an average of 1.5 shopping days per month which I'll plan my wishlist for in advance. Right now the only things on my list are: an Hourglass eyeshadow palette, a brush roll, and maybe some perfumes from the next BPAL update. Not as tempted by makeup anymore which is a good sign! Focusing on other things this year like fitness and lifestyle goals. Hope everyone has a wonderful and productive year. Can't wait to see all of our progress!

charlotte366

Yay it's 2015! My goal for 2015 is to minimise the purchases and to project pan as much as possible! I project panned for the last qtr of 2014 and really enjoyed it, so I want to continue with this as much as possible !

Maris Crane

I'm in again.

I'm hoping to do a No Buy until at least April 1st (will allow myself replacements of HGs; but definitely NO MO' FOUNDATION OR LIPSTICK!) and I've got several items on my use it up list. Low Buy after April.

Happy New Year everyone! I sincerely hope those who did well in 2014 continue to do well... and if you didn't, it's a new year!

tirurit

Hey I'm in once more!

My goals may seem conservative next to some of yours but it all boils down to

• enjoy what I own
  • no stupid purchases (slight variations of shades, lured in by offers and sales, quantity vs quality, no backups!)

I've just downloaded the app that @veronikawithak mentioned before so I am going to keep record of what I buy so I can later figure out my superfluous spendings!

Alysse011

Hey I'm in once more! My goals may seem conservative next to some of yours but it all boils down to
  • enjoy what I own
  • no stupid purchases (slight variations of shades, lured in by offers and sales, quantity vs quality, no backups!)
I've just downloaded the app that @veronikawithak  mentioned before so I am going to keep record of what I buy so I can later figure out my superfluous spendings!
I think those are great goals! I hear you on the no stupid purchases. I have been eyeing the new semi sweet palette since it became available to VIBRouge. I even went and looked at it and didn't buy it! But the struggle is real lol. I also just want to say that one of my goals is to NOT make VIBRouge again. I will be so dissappinted with myself if I do.

jennyap

I'm in! Don't know exactly what my goals are yet, been having some proper down time the last few days, but I'll give it some thought soon :)

dodotheextinct

Happy New Year everyone!

I'll be partaking in this thread again this year. This year I am focusing on using my makeup and will be partaking in a no buy until the Spring Sephora sale (in April). I really want to use the products that I have and am looking forward to rediscovering products in my stash.

Now it's time to go and count my inventory again haha.

Audrey C

I won't wish you all luck, because this is about resolve. We control what we buy, and only we can make the changes in our lives that are required.

My priority this year is getting back into shape, so I have no makeup goals.

ellemarie

I bought quite a few things last week, including D&G foundation and concealer. I still have a YSL foundation that's less than half full, then a foundation stick (that's over a year old) that is technically serviceable but not great. I love the D&G, so I will just go on a no-buy until April. The only exception will be using the $35 Sephora gift card I got for Christmas, but only if there's something I'm dying to have. My other goal is to sell most of my MAC, even if that means asking next to nothing for everything, especially the depotted eyeshadows.

awickedshape

I bought quite a few things last week, including D&G foundation and concealer. I still have a YSL foundation that's less than half full, then a foundation stick (that's over a year old) that is technically serviceable but not great. I love the D&G, so I will just go on a no-buy until April. The only exception will be using the $35 Sephora gift card I got for Christmas, but only if there's something I'm dying to have. My other goal is to sell most of my MAC, even if that means asking next to nothing for everything, especially the depotted eyeshadows.
Hi, may I ask which D&G foundation you got?

shay1988

My goal is to buy things that I would actually use and to use the things that I already own. I also plan stop buying items in same colors such as lipsticks and neutral eyeshadow palettes.

nt234

My goals are to get rid of what I bought but didn't use in 2014, and to keep a working inventory of all of the makeup I have so far, organized by category and colour so that I don't buy two of the same shade! I got so makeup happy last year that I kept buying similar shades due to special packaging (which I'm a sucker for!). I also want to make more of an effort to try things in person whenever possible, that way I know whether or not I'll be using it.

Yazmin

My largest goal for the year is to inventory my entire collection from which I expect to see the overlaps and I can eliminate. In conjunction with that I will continue my huge decluttering project.

My biggest makeup expenditure last year was from MAC and I anticipate that will decrease in 2015 as I'm feeling I'm reaching max capacity with the brand. Other than that, I don't have any specific low-buy goals at the moment.

Latest posts