Resolution LOW-BUY 2019

lenchen

Awe you are so sweet! ... i know i'm loosing touch but its has been so hectic in my personal life. I've changed jobs this year after 12 years of doing the same job and on the same token I also changed field so even if my current employer seems really happy with my learning curve, i've been putting a lot of pressure on my shoulder to be performing and learning everything as fast as possible and even if I have the impostor syndrome still, i've been ''awarded' more responsibility recently so i should be happy but that just make me doubt my ability more. :(
Like fur4elise fur4elise i've gain some weight (not enough to change size but I notice my cloths are tighter on my body and I dont like it) I was running 10km every morning to go to work 3 to 4 time a week but didn't signed up to any race thinking I would heal old injuries and of course I've been MORE injured this summer :( I 'm convince not signing up for a marathon or a half-marathon was a good decision with the change of work but next year will be different I really do think those races give me a goal and really help with my weight management.

Also my kids are growing up so they are hijacking my computer, *cough* sorry their computer *cough* entitle brats *cough* LOL. I also went thru this weird period this summer, I wanted to do a lot of things with my kids, with my friends, with my husband and was kind of resentful to have no vacation because of me changing for a new job and feeling exhausted. So I just had less time to spend here hahaha!

As for my makeup haul I still have not hit ROUGE yet at Sephora (i'm 50$ away LOL)
I've been also reasonable and not ordering alot on Beautylish, and indie makeup
I only order 3 times this year from colour pop (again that good for me)
Also order only once at ULTA (being Canadian I have no perks, no point nada, so I try to order stuff exclusive to them exemple Laura Geller, and LORAC)
but I went crazy with clothing, (I should never had discovered Norma Kamali LOL)
purchased 2 pair of fluevog (expensive shoes)
I order 5 bottles of perfume during this year (Memo Paris Marfa, Olfactive Studios Flashback in New York, Elizabeth and James Nirvana Amethyst, LVNEA (local perfumer) Rose fantôme and Parfum de Marly Sudbury) I usually buy only 2 really expensive perfume and one cheapie one, so that was a FAIL!

That is it folks
I have my list done for the VIB sale in November the good news is my list always get smaller and smaller with time. With every new launch I'm lemming a lot of things and with time i'm loosing interest. so only ordering from sephora at those key moment (mostly during sales) actually help me curved my appetite for new makeup.
it's great to hear from you! Congratulations on changing jobs! :) my list for the Sephora VIB sale is very short mainly perfume replacements no makeup. I will not re-rouge this year.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yesterday's face...
  • Ilia True Skin Radiant Priming Serum
  • Milk Makeup Blur Liquid - Porcelain
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • MAC Prep and Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette and Cool Grey (brows)
  • MAC Paint Pot - Camel Coat
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Stone
  • Revlon So Fierce! Mascara
  • Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara
  • MAC Blush - Next to Skin (contour)
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
  • wet'n'wild Liquid Catsuit High Shine - mix of Mauve It Over + Caught You Bare Naked

fur4elise

Low / No Buy Journal 2019
October 2019

Purchases:

Beautylish - Sonia G Designer Pro Brush –Love love love!

Sephora (F&F 20%) 2 cream/liquid eyeshadow singles Natasha Denona Chroma in Sienna; Hourglass Scattered in Foil. These metallic sparkling eyeshadows continue to be a favorite for me. I don’t know that they are doing anything for me…but they sure do make me happy!

EBay PTR 21 Peptide Serum (replenish staple – 62% off retail)

Ulta (20% Prestige) – Used this more for staples than super fun things. DevaCurl One conditioner; Madison Reed Hair Color (Gorgeous Hair Event knocked it down 50% in cost! Yay!); NARS Pore & Shine Primer; UD Honey PP; CoverFX Bronzer Duo Sunkissed. This was a great purchase as I also earned a ton of extra points and renewed my Platinum status. Ulta is the winner when it comes to prestige coupons, bonus points and cash rewards. :thumbsup:

Eh…I broke the budget for October, but I am happy with the purchases I made.

Favorites:heart: :
Sonia G Designer Pro Brush - :heart: I would have indulged in the Beautylish event, but the single brushes in my wish list were all sold out. :(

Gave Away:
Assortment of skincare samples & sheet masks; (3) Real Techniques Face Brushes = Happy Student Worker!

Mascara Round Up: MJ primer, L’oreal Voluminous, YSL Le Shock

Used Up/Disposed Of:

On My Radar:
Sephora ~ Eh meh…15% is kind of lame. If Rakuten offers a boosted Sephora giftcard, I may choose that to offset the lack of discount. I had my eye on the ND Sunset Palette ~ Long story short, someone really awesome gifted me the ND Gold palette and I love it! x0x0x to that lovely person!!! :heart: I see the Sunset palette working with the Gold palette and the other warm tone palettes I have. BUT..Sephora just took it out of the sale secton! :mad: I knew they would pull that just before the sale! So, I may be skipping the sale all together.

However, @Mac-Guy was spot on! Ulta immediately extended another 20% prestige coupon to compete with the Sephora coupon through Nov 3. So, I will replenish my DevaCurl Low Poo and I am in need of a new eyebrow gel.

Big Girl Stuff:
Work is good. Even though my job title speaks to management and leadership, I am 85% still “in the trenches.” And you know what, I am okay with that. It is where I am most needed and effective right now. The rewards come from student successes!

Homestuffs:
I mentioned our failed sump last month. Well, turns out we had to tear out the carpet in my lower level closet too. It abuts the utility room where the sump pump is and it most likely got soaked during that time. It was time to do my closet switch and sure enough I discovered mold…unfortunately I also had to toss several pairs of boots. 😪 Moisture got into a couple bins. Fortunately, I only lost one pair I really loved. The rest were on low rotation and due to be donated. I hated throwing them away but once things get moldy/moldy smelling…UGH! 😣Upswing, forced dekraapification and reorganization.

We ordered the new flooring from Foam Tiles…and I am working on picking a lower level paint color. I am thinking a very light soft green. I am really looking forward to the improved fitness space!

Healthstuffs:
I was sick for about 10 days. Some weird “flu, not flu, cold, but not full blown, sore throat” thing…just enough to miss a day of work, and start late a couple days and sleep away a weekend. UGH! Add my cycle on top of that and boy it was good times! I wish I could say the scale was moving in the right direction, but alas… Maybe my lesson right now is: Not be hard on myself and don’t expend energy on worrying about what I have not done. Refocus and appreciate what I can do…for me it needs to be one day at a time.

Oh...and hello winter...we had snow with rain this morning and the forecast is more of the same for the trick'o treaters tomorrow night. Should still be fun! I got all the Halloween decorations up, the puppy costumes out and +12 lbs of candy (the good stuff!) to give out. Bring it on!

I hope all of you have a fun Halloween too! :)

x0x0x

Last edited:

lenchen

October 2019
Purchases:
Vitners daughter-beautylish gift card event
Wayne goss lip brush-beautylish gift card event
Wayne goss #3 eye brush-beautilish gift card event
Chikuhodo GSN #2 brush-gift card event
I earned $60.00 I will use this for an anticipated Sonia g sky eye set brush launch
I had no idea May lindstrom does not participate in the sale oh well I wish beautylish would state that somewhere

Then my beauty sister, shared a Sephora Friends and family coupon I purchased:
Viseart milieu palette
My beauty sister also shared another coupon, this time an ultra coupon 20% and I was able to stock up on my skin care, and 2 makeup items. I purchased:
Cerave face wash normal to dry skin
Cerave night replenishing cream
Cerave moisturizing cream

Juvia's place warrior palette (the quality is amazing) the intention was to be part of a Christmas gift for someone and the temptation is there to keep it! lol
flesh liquid highlighter in candle glow
I was really grateful to receive the coupons! I got some neat stuff!

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP:

Gave away: a few makeup related gifts
:)

Used Up: marc Jacobs eyeliner in blacker (I'm shocked as it takes me forever to use up eyeliner. I'm repurchasing it for sure, just not sure if I should wait for the brand sale Black Friday and get a better deal or do the Sephora sale this weekend
Will Dispose Of: nothing at the moment

On The Horizon: Sonia G eye set. I'm using the cash earned from the gift card so that I can supplement the brushes, Lisa Eldrige velvet jazz, and love of my life. I'm meh on the newer colors, Pat McGrath: I missed out on decadance it came back for a hot second on Sephora and I missed it. I was so upset about that because I had the email me when back in stock and I didn't get a notification. oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. I do like 2 of the quads iconic illumination, and nocturnal nirvana, however not feeling the price, and the 20% Sephora code does not tempt me if Pat has a better deal on Black Friday I may buy them we'll see. I'm not sure if I will participate in the sale this go around I really want the Tom ford black orchid but I will buy it at Ulta and build my stats. I need to figure out how Ulta works MJ eyeliner in blacker

monthly favourites/ reflections- TF spice cream shadow, Natasha denona Sunset palette( this palette isn't popular with a lot of folks, but I LOVE it then again I love warm toned shadows, and ND metropolis palette. base: MUFE water blend, cover FX color corrector in orange, NARS creamy concealer, and cover FX translucent setting powder. bronzer: cover fx duo,(I gave fenty coco naughty a break I'm seeing a bit on pan) Blush: NARS cream blush Catus flower. Highlighter: Makeupgeek Ablaze. Setting Spray illuminating.

I spent a little over $400 this month but for the year over all it is a lot less than last year

shellygrrl

Staff member
Only thing purchased in October for me was the Revlon mascara.

Today's face...
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Omega (base colour)
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows), Grey (lid), and Cool Brown (lashlines)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Rockstar (inner corner and cheekbone highlight)
  • CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara
  • Revlon So Fierce Mascara
  • Makeup Geek Blush - Main Squeeze
  • NARS Velvet Lip Glide - Unlaced
I got out my old Real Techniques Stippling Brush to use with my foundation today. I used it some time ago with a different one and didn't like it; I found the application streaky. But I tried it with my current foundation, and it applied it beautifully. (With other brushes — Sigma F80 and RT Expert Face — I'd get some cakiness around the crevices of my nose. Not with the Stippling Brush!)

VAL4M

October 2019
Purchases:
Vitners daughter-beautylish gift card event
Wayne goss lip brush-beautylish gift card event
Wayne goss #3 eye brush-beautilish gift card event
Chikuhodo GSN #2 brush-gift card event
I earned $60.00 I will use this for an anticipated Sonia g sky eye set brush launch
I had no idea May lindstrom does not participate in the sale oh well I wish beautylish would state that somewhere

Then my beauty sister, shared a Sephora Friends and family coupon I purchased:
Viseart milieu palette
My beauty sister also shared another coupon, this time an ultra coupon 20% and I was able to stock up on my skin care, and 2 makeup items. I purchased:
Cerave face wash normal to dry skin
Cerave night replenishing cream
Cerave moisturizing cream

Juvia's place warrior palette (the quality is amazing) the intention was to be part of a Christmas gift for someone and the temptation is there to keep it! lol
flesh liquid highlighter in candle glow
I was really grateful to receive the coupons! I got some neat stuff!

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP:

Gave away: a few makeup related gifts
:)

Used Up: marc Jacobs eyeliner in blacker (I'm shocked as it takes me forever to use up eyeliner. I'm repurchasing it for sure, just not sure if I should wait for the brand sale Black Friday and get a better deal or do the Sephora sale this weekend
Will Dispose Of: nothing at the moment

On The Horizon: Sonia G eye set. I'm using the cash earned from the gift card so that I can supplement the brushes, Lisa Eldrige velvet jazz, and love of my life. I'm meh on the newer colors, Pat McGrath: I missed out on decadance it came back for a hot second on Sephora and I missed it. I was so upset about that because I had the email me when back in stock and I didn't get a notification. oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. I do like 2 of the quads iconic illumination, and nocturnal nirvana, however not feeling the price, and the 20% Sephora code does not tempt me if Pat has a better deal on Black Friday I may buy them we'll see. I'm not sure if I will participate in the sale this go around I really want the Tom ford black orchid but I will buy it at Ulta and build my stats. I need to figure out how Ulta works MJ eyeliner in blacker

monthly favourites/ reflections- TF spice cream shadow, Natasha denona Sunset palette( this palette isn't popular with a lot of folks, but I LOVE it then again I love warm toned shadows, and ND metropolis palette. base: MUFE water blend, cover FX color corrector in orange, NARS creamy concealer, and cover FX translucent setting powder. bronzer: cover fx duo,(I gave fenty coco naughty a break I'm seeing a bit on pan) Blush: NARS cream blush Catus flower. Highlighter: Makeupgeek Ablaze. Setting Spray illuminating.

I spent a little over $400 this month but for the year over all it is a lot less than last year
Those damn Sonia G brushes i cant wait and see what the new eyeshadow brushes set will look like but i’m hol Strong for those 3 face brushes that i want to purchase, i almost want to buy the set the pro face brushes set but i dont care for the fan brushes or the big face brush i purchased Sephora contour brushes set and i’m impressed at the quality

LadyBug13

October Update:

Purchased: $6.31 (I used a $25 Sephora Rouge gift card)
  • The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid
  • Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment Mini (got for free with the gift card)
Used Up
  • N/A
Decluttered or gave away
  • Kiehl’s Since 1851 Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask
  • M·A·C Mineralize Reset and Revive Charcoal Mask
  • Fresh Vitamin Nectar Antioxidant Face Serum

Amount spent in 2018: $2,324.64
Amount spent in 2019 (so far): $1662.69 ($661.95 less compared to 2018)

On the horizon: I did go to Sephora this week during the VIB sale and purchased $204.58 of items (not included in the amount above). I also have a $25 Rouge gift card that expires 12/31. I don't really need anything else but may use it for something I need to replenish.

shellygrrl

Staff member
FOTD...
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • CoverGirl TruNaked Queenship Cream Eyeshadow Stick - Primadonna (new acquisition along with some skincare)
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Omega
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows) and Cool Brown (lashline)
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Sumptuous Olive
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster
  • MAC Blush - Next to Skin (contour)
  • MAC Strobe Cream (original)
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare

fur4elise

Awe you are so sweet! ... i know i'm loosing touch but its has been so hectic in my personal life. I've changed jobs this year after 12 years of doing the same job and on the same token I also changed field so even if my current employer seems really happy with my learning curve, i've been putting a lot of pressure on my shoulder to be performing and learning everything as fast as possible and even if I have the impostor syndrome still, i've been ''awarded' more responsibility recently so i should be happy but that just make me doubt my ability more. :(

Like fur4elise fur4elise i've gain some weight (not enough to change size but I notice my cloths are tighter on my body and I dont like it) I was running 10km every morning to go to work 3 to 4 time a week but didn't signed up to any race thinking I would heal old injuries and of course I've been MORE injured this summer :( I 'm convince not signing up for a marathon or a half-marathon was a good decision with the change of work but next year will be different I really do think those races give me a goal and really help with my weight management.

Also my kids are growing up so they are hijacking my computer, *cough* sorry their computer *cough* entitle brats *cough* LOL. I also went thru this weird period this summer, I wanted to do a lot of things with my kids, with my friends, with my husband and was kind of resentful to have no vacation because of me changing for a new job and feeling exhausted. So I just had less time to spend here hahaha!

I am sorry I did not see your post sooner! :hide: Oh lady...I feel you on ALL of this. 🤗

Let''s start with the new job and imposter syndrome. Even though I have been at my current institution for many many years, taking on a new level of responsibility, definitely threw me into spirals of doubt and a little bit of fear. The timing of my promotion was good in that I had the opportunity to talk with other professionals outside of my institution for some perspective and solid advice. I would say I got the fear and most of my doubts in check. I just ask lots of questions when I am taxed with something new and outside of my experience. One piece of advice I got was to take my time where I can. Do not rush in...get a full grasp of a situation, challenge, issue before moving...Hard to do when you want to "fix" things asap...I guess fortunately where I am at, things move more like a tortoise than a hare when it comes to action. LOL! :ROFLMAO: I know it sounds cliche, but when we are challenged with something difficult, it forces us to learn and grow. This is a good thing!

That being said CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am sure that you worked your tushy off to earn an upward move!

Ok...healthstuffs - Way back March, I feel like I had a good grasp on my health and fitness...then I pulled something in my back...remember my tale of the super burpees?!? I really have not been the same since...I think for many of the same factors you list. New job, responsibilities, stress, not enough rest / sleep, feeling mentally and physically drained = unmovitvated, nagging injury...too many snacky moments and not enough movement, etc. I have been stuck in a cycle! To fight feeling down, I have been focusing on this little upbeat voice in the back of my head. It keeps saying "this too shall pass...you will get back on the right track...don't give up!" Literally, just in the past week plus, I have started to get inklings of my old self...the happy, healthy, strong me. I'll take it!

Hang in there lady! Tap into your inner upbeat, positive voice! It will get you back on track. x0x0x

fur4elise

Those damn Sonia G brushes i cant wait and see what the new eyeshadow brushes set will look like but i’m hol Strong for those 3 face brushes that i want to purchase, i almost want to buy the set the pro face brushes set but i dont care for the fan brushes or the big face brush i purchased Sephora contour brushes set and i’m impressed at the quality

LOL! I know it...those damn SG brushes! I ended up with another of her eyeshadow tools, Builder Two. I purchased it based on a review that talked about picking up and placing tricky glittery shades. And sure enough, it is great for that...however, because of the shape, one can most definitely do more with it: under lashline, shade, blend...It is bigger than I anticipated, but I do not see it as an issue. It just has a little bit of a learning curve. :thumbsup:

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • CoverGirl TruNaked Queenship Cream Eyeshadow Stick - Primadonna
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Unexpected
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Concrete Jungle
  • NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
  • MAC Lipstick - Blankety
  • wet'n'wild Liquid Catsuit Megashine - Mauve It Over
I'm a bit disappointed in the eyeshadow stick. It doesn't blend out very well, and it makes my eyes look crepey when they're not really like that. I wanted to like it. :(

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Omega
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Stone
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Cool Grey and Brunette (latter for brows)
  • CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara
  • NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
  • Makeup Geek Blush - Main Squeeze
  • Bare Mineral Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick - Tutu

r0mini0n

Did anyone pick up something during Black Friday? I picked out an eyeshadow palette for my mom and ordered a mascara. Really wanted one more thing but I'm going for a makeup no buy this December so trying to stay strong!

lenchen

I picked up the iconic illumination quad, a single eyeshadow, and the noturnal nirvana quad, however PatMcgrath labs messed up the order, didn't send nocturnal nirvana quad, once I contacted them, they apologized, refunded me my money for the entire order, as this was the 3rd time my order was messed up. I got to keep 1 eyeshadow quad, and the single eyeshadow.

r0mini0n

I picked up the iconic illumination quad, a single eyeshadow, and the noturnal nirvana quad, however PatMcgrath labs messed up the order, didn't send nocturnal nirvana quad, once I contacted them, they apologized, refunded me my money for the entire order, as this was the 3rd time my order was messed up. I got to keep 1 eyeshadow quad, and the single eyeshadow.

Crazy that they've already messed up your order three times but at least they handled it professionally! Should you still want that other quad I hope you still have a chance to get it.

They started selling Pat McGrath online on French Sephora, but I don't think I wanna dive into it. I'm really set on not messing this December no buy and then next year hoping to save more instead of spending!

Latest posts