Resolution LOW-BUY 2019

lenchen

Crazy that they've already messed up your order three times but at least they handled it professionally! Should you still want that other quad I hope you still have a chance to get it.

They started selling Pat McGrath online on French Sephora, but I don't think I wanna dive into it. I'm really set on not messing this December no buy and then next year hoping to save more instead of spending!
I hear you on the spending!

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Ilia True Skin Radiant Priming Serum
  • Milk Makeup Blur Liquid - Porcelain
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
  • MAC Prep and Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base
  • MAC Paint Pots - Camel Coat (lid) and Tailor Grey (lashlines)
  • CoverGirl eyeshadow stick - Primadonna (to help blend out edges)
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (for brows), Grey (to set lids)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Concrete Jungle (tight to the lashlines)
  • Revlon So Fierce! Mascara
  • surratt beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare
  • NARS Velvet Lip Glide - Unlaced

Last edited:

lenchen

November 2019
Purchases:
Sonia G sky eye set
Pat McGrath iconic illumination quad ( was refunded the $$ got to keep the palette)
Pat McGrath nocturnal nirvana( PMG messed up order didn't receive)
Pat McGrath single eyeshadow( was refunded the $$ got to keep the eyeshadow)
Tom ford black orchid perfume Ulta 20% sale replenishment
Sunday Riley facial oil Ulta 20% sale replenishment
Lisa Eldridge- velvet jazz lipstick -backup
Lisa Eldridge velvet midnight lipstick

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP:

Gave away: nothing this month

Used Up: Tom ford back orchid perfume-re-purchased, Sunday Riley Juno oil-repurchased

On The Horizon: Pat McGrath Decadence palette, I hope I don't miss out on this again! and MJ eyeliner in blacquer.

monthly favourites/ reflections- ND metropolis palette, and ND lila palette base: MUFE water blend, cover FX color corrector in orange, NARS creamy concealer, and cover FX translucent setting powder. bronzer: cover fx duo,( Blush: NARS cream blush Cactus flower, and NARS Taos blush. Highlighter: Makeupgeek ignite, and Ofra blind the haters highlihter. Coverfx Setting Spray matte.
total spent this month, 338.00

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Ilia True Skin Radiant Priming Serum (I'm almost out of my little sample. Probably won't purchase the full size, though.)
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (for brows)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Baby Face
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster (really want to add some more neutral-to-warm browns (not so warm they're practically orange or peach) to my eyeshadow stash in 2020.)
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 (also used this above the crease of my eye to add extra warmth)
  • MAC Lipstick - Blankety

lenchen

• Ilia True Skin Radiant Priming Serum (I'm almost out of my little sample. Probably won't purchase the full size, though.)
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Baby Face
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster (really want to add some more neutral-to-warm browns (not so warm they're practically orange or peach) to my eyeshadow stash in 2020.)
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02 (also used this above the crease of my eye to add extra warmth)
I love MAC blankety lipstick good one! your fotd sounds lovely!

fur4elise

Holiday_Colors_2019.jpg

November 2019

Oh My Goodness…Christmas in a week?! Just two weeks left of 2019! What?!? It seems like Thanksgiving was just yesterday! I hope every one has had a nice holiday season thus far. I also apologize this is such a late update. I have been ridiculously busy at work and home. I finally got some breathing space.

Purchases:
Beautylish - Sonia G. Builder Two
~ I was reading this brush would be good for picking up and applying tricky glittery eyeshadow…and sure enough it is! ;)

Ulta (20% Prestige, Round 2) – I scored on this purchase! MAC Clear Brow Set; DevaCurl Low Poo & free gift of 5 super deluxe sized products valued over $50!; UD Naked Honey Palette - I thought I was going to purchase the ND Sunset palette but it was removed from the Sephora sale section, just before the fall sale…so, no go. Ulta offered 20% and 5x points on UD…so...yes ma’am! It pairs very nicely with the ND Gold palette! :thumbsup:!

eBay PTR Potent C Serum (replenished staple); PTR Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

Kate Somerville ~ 8 oz. ExfoliKate Cleanser Daily (replenished staple) – Funny story. I was not looking to replenish so soon, as I am just about ½ way through my current 8 oz. tube. BUT KS sent me a special $15 coupon and I had $10 in rewards that were going to expire. When I got to the site, my code would not work…I did live chat and a super nice rep gave me 30% off!!! On top of that I got 4 free deluxe samples of products I already use. Perfect for travel! This was a good score!

While I did not participate in the Sephora sale (money saved!), I did end up splurging :scram: I got pulled in by the PatMcG Divine Rose palette nonsense…LOL!

Favorites:heart:
Wayne Goss Airbrush; Assorted SG brushes; UD Honey PP – works nicely with the ND Gold and Naked Honey palettes.

Unusual tool of the month:
Generic version of Spatty Daddy (from Amazon) – These are miniature spatulas that help you get every last drop of goodness out of skincare and makeup containers. Super helpful!

Gave Away:
UD Naked Honey E/S Brush; New UD Vice lippie in Disobedient
…too light for me
In holiday bags to some student workers: Some Kate Somerville, PTR and random perfume samples

3 large bags dropped off at Goodwill!

Used Up/Disposed Of:

Used Up:
DevaCurl Low Poo
~ replenished; PTR Potent C (2 deluxe samples) ~ replenished; CerVe Renewing Serum – opened back up; PTR Blue Marine Algae mask mini; .50 oz EL AVR Serum; EL ANR Eye Complex Serum

Mascara Round Up: Hourglass Extreme Lash, EL Sumptuous; Lancome Hypnose

On My Radar:

I did not participate in the second fall Sephora sale. I did get the $20 off $75 coupon…(*I can say it was used on an impromptu shopping trip with a friend. I was able to get her the Foreo mini she wanted…50% off plus coupon!)

AND Sephora just sent me a 20% off good until 12/24. ~ Marc Jacobs just released a liquid version of See-Quins. I would like to try Copperazzi. There are also a couple things in the sale section worth considering. ;)

Ulta ~ I have another set of 20% off coupons good on prestige. BUT, my favorites list has been pretty much depleted. I do need some shampoo. I may refill one of my ELDW foundations, get a few other staples, and/or some trip needs.

Putting together a formal night masquerade look ~ I don't know if I mentioned that our vacation is a business/pleasure cruise provided by a vendor Hubs buys supplies and product from. Last cruise the formal night theme was 1920's. This time it is masquerade. Which I love!!! :heart: I am looking forward to creating a sparkly blinged out outfit!

Big Girl Stuff:
Visited my mentor at IU South Bend! It was awesome, information filled day! Work continues to challenging, illuminating, shocking, stressful at times, fun at other times and steadily busy in a way I really like. I love my students. I really like some of the relationships I am developing with some of the faculty. My colleague continues to be an awesome collaborator. We are moving forward with all kinds of goodness…and it feels good.

Homestuffs:
New foam tile floor is now installed. Love it! Cushy soft and perfect for the fitness room. Hubs decided that we are going to have a good sized closet built in as well (completed last week). Up next is finally painting the lower level. I have picked a nice vibrant light green. Then we will mount a TV to the wall, put up a couple mirrors, white board, pictures, artwork, etc. It is all coming together!

LowerLevel_NoFlooring_Nov_19.jpg LowerLevel_FoamTiles_Floor_Nov_19.jpg

MistyMeadow.JPG

Healthstuffs:
So I have to say revamping our fitness space, has renewed my happiness and motivation to keep moving! I have a name: Hannah Eden. Crazy athletic, beast-mode, potty mouth Brit I found via BodyBuilding.com and YouTube! She was a one-time CrossFit athlete and I really vibe with some of her get healthy philosophy. She also has an extensive video collection of all kinds of exercises on YouTube. I went through and cherry picked all kinds of exercises that I can incorporate into my home training sessions. I set a goal that started at 77 days - for my sanity and our late January vacation 😉. Today I am at day 47 and I have dropped 5#s in my tightening-up goal. What I have gained back is my usual happy, upbeat, energetic self. I am so much more productive, have good energy all day and sleep better at night. It feels really good!

Tomorrow is my last day of work before the college closes for winter break. We get 12 days off! Woot woot! That is when we will finish the fitness room and get shelving put into the new closet.

Christmas Eve and Day will be low key for us. The kids and grandbabies are coming on the Friday after. And that is okay. We get a couple days to relax and enjoy some good food and I will have plenty of time to clean, bake and wrap gifts. :)

I am wishing all of you a wonderful holiday season! I hope it will bring lots of joy and memorable time spent with those you love! x0x0x

Holiday_Colors_2019.jpg

Last edited:

r0mini0n

I want to wish everyone in this thread happy holidays! You have all been so amazing and successful. I'm hoping to partake more and succeed in my intentions more this year!

As for No Buy December, it turned out in a Low Buy December...
I guided my mom to buying me a lipliner and a single eyeshadow for under the Christmas tree. I had to order them as she can't work a computer but doesn't really count right 😇

And then I kept getting bombarded with sales so I caved and participated in a 25% off sale in Sephora. Three nail items, a lip balm, a concealer (I have one current one at the moment so I will replace it when this one's time is up), and two pencil eyeliners so I can throw out my old ones. Which is already turning out a fail as I just read on the box you can't use them inside the eyes.. Where I always use my pencil liners. Of course I didn't do any research obviously :doh: Then again I never heard of kohl eye pencils you can't use inside your eyes haha.
I also ordered perfume as a gift but I don't feel that counts.

Hoping to make it into a straight no buy line to January 2020 now!

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Ilia True Skin Radiant Priming Serum
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (for brows), Grey (all over lid)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Sand Dollar (blend out harsh lines)
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Indian Ink
  • MAC Blush - Next to Skin
  • Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon - Glacé
  • wet'n'wild Liquid Catsuit Megashine - Caught You Bare Naked

shellygrrl

Staff member
Final face of 2019...
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • mix of Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Sand Dollar + ABH Eyeshadow - Buon Fresco (latter also used on its own)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Twilight
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Concrete Jungle
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
  • NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
  • Bare Minerals Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick - Tutu (lightly dabbed over the top)
2020 thread going up shortly! is up!

Last edited:

fur4elise

StarryNight_2019.JPG
Final Low Buy Entry of 2019!
And here we are...at the end of another year of beautystuffs!

Purchases:
Deciem (23% off sale) ~ Niacinamide; Reseratrol + Ferulic; Buffet, 30% AHA Peel; Vit. C

Ulta (20% Prestige) ~ MR Hair Color, Tarte Shape Tape (trying a new shade)- Med-Tan Golden); 2 Eco Tools Sponges; Damn Girl Mascara deluxe size; L’Oreal Bambi Eyes Mascara; Cils Booster Primer deluxe size

Ulta (20% Prestige)
~ In store shopping with friend 😊 MAC Star Dipped Med/Deep Face palette. Totally an impulse buy! I actually need to go back to the store and have them adjust the price. It should have been on sale. Beauty Blender gift pack. I finally gave in on trying a real BB…just not at the normal $20 price tag 😉

Sephora ($20 off $75) ~ MJ See-Quins LE Stardust (in sale section); Laneige Lip Glowy Balm; Foreo Mini (Gift for friend)

Sephora (Sale on Sale ~ 20% + 8% Rakuten) ~ MJ Liquid See-Quins Copperazzi; ND Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow in Aubade; MJ Velvet Noir + Primer set; Lancome Hypnose Drama Silver Glitter Mascara; I am all set on mascara for well into the new year.

PatMcG ~ Divine Rose palette; Star Wars LE Gold Astral Lip Balm

Favorites:heart:
SG Builder Two – Awesome brush!
Stila XXX Magnum Mascara
. In combination with the L’Oreal primer I love the result.

Gave Away: Beauty samples in gift bags.
Mascara Round Up: MJ Velvet Noir, MJ Primer,

On My Radar:
Trip/Vacation Need
s ~ which I already ordered from Amazon ~ Mini toiletry jars and mini atomizers for perfume. I also ordered my masquerade goodies. This awesome feather neckpiece that I will bling out with rhinestones. Some sheer lace gloves and a lace mask. I will probably bling both with rhinestones too. Now I just need to find a new LBD and maybe some low heels. I love dressing up!
FeatherCapletNeckPiece.JPG BlackLaceMask.JPG
BlackLaceGloves.JPG

Beautywise
…not much. If I was to splurge on anything it would be the Lunar NY and Cherry Blossom Guerlain lipstick cases. The cases only, as I have plenty of lipsticks to put in rotation.

Big Girl Stuff:

On a break until Jan 2nd! Whew! Much needed after being super dedicated and crazy busy. The semester ended on a stressful note. We are losing a librarian I love to pieces. She is brilliant and the Getty Institute in Los Angeles snapped her up. Long story short, a toxic unsupportive environment pushed her out. So good on her for seeking out such an awesome opportunity! I am going to miss her!

I go back for 2 weeks, full steam ahead…and then I jump ship for our vacation! Yay! Speaking of which…

Healthstuffs:
Down +6 pounds and motivated to keep working hard. Our vacation/business trip is 3 weeks out. I am feeling really good. I earned my bi-annual fitness program incentive. Every new year I order a new pair of trainers, so I can phase out an old pair. I tend to go for a past season style because they are priced really well. ASICS Quantum 360 Knit. I love that these have a colorful knit, that will go with lots of my training clothes.
ASICS_Quantum360Knit_BLMulti.jpg

Homestuffs:
Fitness room update
~ The closet is all done. Hubs primed, painted and hung shelves. I am now able to stow away larger kitchen items I don’t use every day. We also started painting on Christmas eve and will finish in the next couple days.
LowerLevel_Reno_Dec_2019 (4).jpg LowerLevel_Reno_Dec_2019 (1).jpg LowerLevel_Reno_Dec_2019 (2).jpg LowerLevel_Painting_Dec_2019.jpg

And that concludes 2019…I will post my 2019 summary next. 😉

Happy Happy New Year!

shellygrrl

Staff member
No makeup purchased in December for me.

2019 recap:
This was the first year I tracked how much I was spending on makeup. In my case it was around $105 and some change this year. August, my birthmonth, was the spendiest, and I had a number of months where no makeup was purchased.

Product categories...
Face Primer: I still have my MUFE matte and hydrating primers; they were never decluttered. Also still have the dr. brandt primer sample that got neglected after I started using the Ilia primer sample, which worked better with the Milk foundation (both are silicone-free). Will be purchasing a silicone-free option in 2020 (I have a few contenders).

Foundation: Decluttered the wet'n'wild foundation and added in Milk Blur Liquid. I still like the idea of a small "foundation wardrobe", and still have some contenders for ones I want to add in. (Will talk about this more in the 2020 thread.)

Concealer: Finally said goodbye to Kevyn Aucoin SSE in the fall. Want to add another concealer option in 2020, mainly for under the eyes.

Setting Powder: Said goodbye to the Cinema Secrets powder, still have Laura Mercier Secret Brightening. I'd definitely like another loose setting powder and have contenders.

Brow Products: Did not buy a brow pen, still would like one.

Eyeshadow Primer: Still love my MAC primer and will repurchase. (This may not happen until spring-ish 2020).

Eyeshadows:
Single powder eyeshadows - I don't think I decluttered that many eyeshadows in the second half of the year, but I did rearrage my Z palette (where my Makeup Geek and ABH singles, plus a MUG blush and my Body Shop bronzer). But recently I did notice something which I'll talk about more in the 2020 thread.

Pre-made eyeshadow palettes - Still reached for Downtown Cool quite a lot. It's also been my go-to for brows. Later in the year I switched to using Brunette to fill my brows in, which I like a lot more than the combo of Cool Brown and Cool Grey that I had been using. The shade Grey has a pretty good dent in it (I haven't hit pan yet), as I've used that loads. Two years later, and that was still a very good purchase.

Cream eyeshadows - I finally bought one of the CoverGirl shadow sticks and ended up disappointed. :(

Mascara: CG Lash Blast Fusion was okay (recently tossed because it's hit the six-month mark). Currently liking Revlon So Fierce but missing my two recent loves (the sadly-discontinued Bare Minerals Flawless Definition and Clinique High Impact).

False Lashes: None purchased!

Contour: For some reason in the second half of the year, I didn't do a lot of contouring. 🤔

Bronzer: Still reached for my Body Shop bronzer a ton. Still want to replace it.

Blush: The second half of the year was not much of a blush season. Still okay with where I'm at, generally.

Highlighter: A category that got neglected a bit in the later half of the year.

Lip Products: Pretty happy with where I'm at. Still in search of a (still available) Feed the Sense dupe, have found a couple more possible contenders.

Brushes and Other Tools: There are still some brushes I want but I'm not in a massive rush to get them all.

fur4elise

2019 End of Year Beauty Summary

LOL! I bow down to shellygrrl shellygrrl for being so consistent with her no/low buy mid-year / end of year summaries! I planned to do a mid-year…had a draft…and the next thing I knew it was October!
:hide:

Damn Girl! $105 total for the year! Again I bow down! Good job!

Last year I did keep an actual tally sheet of each type of product I purchased by mid-year and at the end. This year I did not kept a tally sheet, but I have been consistent with my monthly expense log. It has kept me mindful and accountable.

Expenditures
First, no credit card debt! If I know I am going to spend, I plan ahead. If there is something I really want, I do my best to save, budget and wait for sales. I clearly remember three impulse purchases I made this year: the Sonia G Designer Pro brush; the Pat McGrath Divine Rose palette; MAC Star Dipped Face palette.

I averaged around $200 per month
- $80 over my allotted monthly amount for 2019. I still managed an 11% decrease in spending compared to 2018. A 53% decrease in comparison to 2017. I count this as a win.

Focus On Skincare
Back in late March, I was introduced to the Peter Thomas Roth 21 Peptide line (serum & moisturizer) and that kind of shifted me to be a bit more serious. I love that I can sheer out my foundation application and not feel like I have to use more to “cover” my face. I also started using the PTR Potent-C serum and find it to be effective in fading spots and minimizing little break outs. I have been consistent in my regimen and I am pleased with the improvements I am seeing in my facial skin. Favorite quote of the year: "It's Skin, Not a Sin!"

Pre-Made E/S Palettes

This year, I purchased a total of 4: the MAC Art Library Flame-Boyant (on sale with a gift card); UD Naked Reloaded (birthday reward); UD Naked Honey; PMcG Divine Rose. I did far better with limiting myself and not giving into FOMO…well Divine Rose was definitely a FOMO. But I love it!

Making the Most of What I Have...
By adding a few single sparkly shiny shadows and primers…Touch in Sol, Hourglass, Marc Jacobs…That is my jam right now!

Quality Tools Do Your Makeup For You
Well, not really…but I love my Chikuhodo and Sonia G brushes! Wayne Goss is not that bad either...It elevates beauty time to a luxury experience. Absolutely worth the investment. And I have decluttered all of the subpar and unused tools I had.

Overall, I love my beauty wardrobe! I am not feeling the need to add anything or make any major changes…for example, my foundation and concealer. ELDW and tarte Shape Tape are all I have and continue to make me happy.

The KonMari Is Ongoing…
I still have a few more episodes of “Tidying Up” to watch. The last one I watched reminded me I still have work to do with what I have and how I am storing things. I continue to weed, toss, declutter and give away. It gets easier to let things go! It is also getting easier to not buy all the things. I realize that if I have too much going on and things start to “get out of order,” I get a little anxious. I don’t like that feeling. Being true to my Virgo self, I really need for things to be neat and organized for me to function happily and efficiently.

I donated at least 8 big bags of clothing, shoes and household stuffs this year.

And that brings me to the end of 2019...I am definitely in a different mindset than a few years ago. Quality over quantity. Give away or dispose of the things I don't use or do not spark joy. As corny as that sounds, it is a real thing. Keep things in order.

I am in a much happier place on many levels. I give thanks for all the blessings. I hope all of you are in a good place too, as we enter a new year and new decade. Thank you for all the support, feedback and encouragement...most of all the friendship that many of you extend. I truly apperciate you! Wishing you a happy happy new year! See you in 2020! x0x0x0x

HNY_2020.JPG

Last edited:

lenchen

No makeup purchased in December for me.

2019 recap:
This was the first year I tracked how much I was spending on makeup. In my case it was around $105 and some change this year. August, my birthmonth, was the spendiest, and I had a number of months where no makeup was purchased.

Product categories...
Face Primer: I still have my MUFE matte and hydrating primers; they were never decluttered. Also still have the dr. brandt primer sample that got neglected after I started using the Ilia primer sample, which worked better with the Milk foundation (both are silicone-free). Will be purchasing a silicone-free option in 2020 (I have a few contenders).

Foundation: Decluttered the wet'n'wild foundation and added in Milk Blur Liquid. I still like the idea of a small "foundation wardrobe", and still have some contenders for ones I want to add in. (Will talk about this more in the 2020 thread.)

Concealer: Finally said goodbye to Kevyn Aucoin SSE in the fall. Want to add another concealer option in 2020, mainly for under the eyes.

Setting Powder: Said goodbye to the Cinema Secrets powder, still have Laura Mercier Secret Brightening. I'd definitely like another loose setting powder and have contenders.

Brow Products: Did not buy a brow pen, still would like one.

Eyeshadow Primer: Still love my MAC primer and will repurchase. (This may not happen until spring-ish 2020).

Eyeshadows:
Single powder eyeshadows - I don't think I decluttered that many eyeshadows in the second half of the year, but I did rearrage my Z palette (where my Makeup Geek and ABH singles, plus a MUG blush and my Body Shop bronzer). But recently I did notice something which I'll talk about more in the 2020 thread.

Pre-made eyeshadow palettes - Still reached for Downtown Cool quite a lot. It's also been my go-to for brows. Later in the year I switched to using Brunette to fill my brows in, which I like a lot more than the combo of Cool Brown and Cool Grey that I had been using. The shade Grey has a pretty good dent in it (I haven't hit pan yet), as I've used that loads. Two years later, and that was still a very good purchase.

Cream eyeshadows - I finally bought one of the CoverGirl shadow sticks and ended up disappointed. :(

Mascara: CG Lash Blast Fusion was okay (recently tossed because it's hit the six-month mark). Currently liking Revlon So Fierce but missing my two recent loves (the sadly-discontinued Bare Minerals Flawless Definition and Clinique High Impact).

False Lashes: None purchased!

Contour: For some reason in the second half of the year, I didn't do a lot of contouring. 🤔

Bronzer: Still reached for my Body Shop bronzer a ton. Still want to replace it.

Blush: The second half of the year was not much of a blush season. Still okay with where I'm at, generally.

Highlighter: A category that got neglected a bit in the later half of the year.

Lip Products: Pretty happy with where I'm at. Still in search of a (still available) Feed the Sense dupe, have found a couple more possible contenders.

Brushes and Other Tools: There are still some brushes I want but I'm not in a massive rush to get them all.
Wow! $105.00 for the year is fantastic great job!!!

lenchen

December 2019 final low buy entry for 2019!!!
Purchases:
Ulta 20% prestige 2 NARS eyeshadow primer-I made platinum status at ulta

Muse Beauty PRO 20% sale – Viseart dark edit palette and Viseart Liasion eyeshadow palette.
I missed out on Pat Mcgrath’s Decadance palette again, with all the marketing games surrounding the launch.
I didn’t make any other purchases in December, and I didn’t participate in Sephora’s promotions or Beautylish luckybag event.

Gave Away /Disposed Of/Used UP:

Gave away: Pat Mcgrath iconic illumination palette. My cousin really wanted it, so I passed it along.

Used Up: Whamisa facial oil, trentonin cream, hada labo facial cleanser.

monthly favourites/ reflections- My favourites remained the same from last month I’m really enjoying what I have been using. ND metropolis palette, and ND lila palette base: MUFE water blend, cover FX color corrector in orange, NARS creamy concealer, and cover FX translucent setting powder. bronzer: cover fx duo,( Blush: NARS cream blush Cactus flower, and NARS Taos blush. Highlighter: Makeupgeek ignite, and Ofra blind the haters highlihter. Coverfx Setting Spray matte.

2019 recap:

Great job Fur4elise, and Shelly on your low buy year goals!!

Last year I kept track on how much I spent. This year, I kept track of not only how much but what categories I spent the most money on.

Expenditures

Like fur4elise, I really planned ahead last year, and was prepared for the most part my purchases. I never touched my credit card, and used the envelop system. Once I had enough I would buy a gift card and use to purchase. My impulse purchases were the ND Metropolis palette, the Viseart warm mattes 2 Mileau Palette, and the PatMcrath iconic illumiation palette. On average, I spent $175.00 ( $200 more than I intended to spend this year on my budget overall) I noticed that the months when I spent more, it was on tools such as brushes, and replenishment of skin care, and tools but much less make-up which is great!

Speaking of skincare, I made some major changes to my skincare routine (added trentonin) and discontinued the Korean skin care routine. I must say that I’m really pleased with the results so far. My pores around my nose area look smaller, the overall appearance of my skin looks great! I'm pleased with the changes i made, I wish I knew about it years earlier, but This change will be continued in 2020. The downside is that my skin is more on the drier side, and I need to moisturize more, I'll need to find a great moisturizer to help with the dryness.

Eyeshadow palettes

This is an area which I tend to go crazy eyeshadow palettes! This year I made 5 purchases Patmcrath Iconic illumination, Viseart warm mattes 3, liaison, and dark edit palettes, and ND metropolis palette. This number would have been 7 IF I got the Patmcgrath nocturnal nirvana and the decadence palette. At this point in time I want to enjoy the palettes that I do have and use my single eyeshadow palettes more, just to be content with what I do have.

Brushes

This is another area that is my weakness. I love quality brushes especially Japanses brushes, I’m afraid I added quite a few everything Sonia g produced this year. Do I regret it? No, unlike makeup it does not go bad at the same time, I’m near satisfied with my brush collection. I’m currently eyeing 2 brushes from Hakuhoudo, but I’m not in a hurry to purchase in the near future.

Other categories
This includes primer, bronzer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, blush and foundation/tinted moisturizer I have been using what I have in my collection, and I have only replaced an eyeliner, and of course foundation/ tinted moisturizer as they are used up, and mascara. For blush, I gave away 2 Nars blushes that I wasn’t using and now own 4 blushes (powder) and 1 cream that I rotate monthly.

Fashion stuff

I have been really happy with this area. For the last 5 years I’ve been on a mission to hone in on my personal style by doing capsule wardrobes which have worked for me. For the first time in well..forever I find that I know what my style is, I rarely follow trends, and I know what suits me and my body type, which allows me to spend less. I believe in quality over quantity, and at stage in y wardrobe I only do replenishments such as basics t-shirts, etc..I did replace a pair of work pants. In 2020 this will be more of the same. I do need a winter puffer coat(Michigan winters is a beast!!!) and I need a dress coat. I have my eye on one from Brora, but I’m waiting for their winter sale to purchase it.

I’m looking forward to low buy 2020!!!

LadyBug13

2019 recap!

In 2019 I spent $2,271.74 on makeup, skincare, and hair products. $52.90 less compared to 2018.

I noticed in 2019 my focus shifted from makeup to skincare, and this is where the bulk of my spending went. Where I used to beexperimental with makeup, I purchased more skincare products. I also spent more on hair products than I have in recent years and I have my staple products but wanted to experiment around more.

I made Rouge for 2020 but dropped down to the Devoted tier from Obsessed at MAC. I made maybe 1-2 purchases from Ulta.

Also, I traveled more in 2019 doing consulting work compared to the last 3 years I’ve been self employed. So I found myself living out of carry ons and large suitcases a lot, which prompted me to be more mindful of what products I took on the road with me. The products I took ended up being products that I liked the most, and it became easier to declutter as the year went on.

I found myself not being as excited about new makeup releases. In the past, I would buy every new UD Naked eyeshadow palette, but I was surprised I skipped both the Reloaded and Honey palettes.

I also found myself reflecting more on what kinds of products make an actual difference in my beauty routine or have a unique place in my collection compared to products I tend to use up. For example, face primer. I don’t notice much of a difference in the longevity of my makeup with or without a face primer so I stopped buying them after I used them up. In comparison, I started using alpha lipoic acid and I’m seeing a big difference in my skin texture and tone compared to using vitamin c, so this product (from The Ordinary) has a unique place in my collection to the point where I don’t need to buy vitamin c anytime soon.

looking forward to Low Buy 2020! I’ll add my goals in the new thread.

Beryl

I am not on a Low_Buy I just never buy much because I am homebound due to illnesses. I do not use makeup daily so things last me a long time.
Looking back on 2019. Bought some highlighters BeautyRevolution and the Maybelline molten gold.
1 blusher Bourjois - Rose Jaspe. 2 red lipsticks Essence red velvet cake matte and unredistible matte.
Christmas edition 2019 lip balm Yves Rocher.
Mamonde rose hand cream.
Eyeshadow palettes Essence: Ola Rio, Cia Venezia , Hey L.A.
Bought shampoo Guhl. An assortment of shower gels Fragonard, Kneipp, Fa and Yves Rocher. I like to switch out bottles every 3 days use something else in the shower.
Few rollerball and small size 30 ml ZARA perfumes.
Total approx euro 123.00 in american dollars 137.00

I do like looking at more pricey makeup see the colors etc but have no need to buy these.

Skincare I have been using up a lot of things I have and this week I start looking for a few new to me items. New moisturizer a cleanser etc. Did a few years Korean beauty items but since DD left for college lost my interest in it.
She was here for winterbreak Xmas holiday but returned to college in USA.
I ask if she bought new there but so far is only replacements like mascara, eyeliner and face powder.

Not fashion but illness homewear, nightgowns, sleepwear I have to motivate myself to try to find online some new things.

I like buying perfumes have quite a collection and that I do use daily as it cheers me up. I am 59 yrs.

Fashion. We had several heatwaves this past summer in EU so bought online few cotton tops, 1 shorts, 2 linen/cotton dresses. Fall/autumn bought 2 big scarfs online.The previous year I bought 1 ZARA bag I only leave home for dr medical appointments.

fur4elise

I am not on a Low_Buy I just never buy much because I am homebound due to illnesses. I do not use makeup daily so things last me a long time.
Looking back on 2019. Bought some highlighters BeautyRevolution and the Maybelline molten gold.
1 blusher Bourjois - Rose Jaspe. 2 red lipsticks Essence red velvet cake matte and unredistible matte.
Mamonde rose hand cream.
Bought shampoo Guhl. An assortment of shower gels Fragonard, Kneipp, Fa and Yves Rocher. I like to switch out bottles every 3 days use something else in the shower.

I do like looking at more pricey makeup see the colors etc but have no need to buy these.

Skincare I have been using up a lot of things I have and this week I start looking for a few new to me items. New moisturizer a cleanser etc. Did a few years Korean beauty items but since DD left for college lost my interest in it.
I ask if she bought new there but so far is only replacements like mascara, eyeliner and face powder.

Not fashion but illness homewear, nightgowns, sleepwear I have to motivate myself to try to find online some new things.

I like buying perfumes have quite a collection and that I do use daily as it cheers me up. I am 59 yrs.

Fashion. We had several heatwaves this past summer in EU so bought online few cotton tops, 1 shorts, 2 linen/cotton dresses. Fall/autumn bought 2 big scarfs online.The previous year I bought 1 ZARA bag I only leave home for dr medical appointments.

Welcome Beryl! You should chat with VAL4M VAL4M . She loves perfume. :)

lenchen

Mamonde rose hand cream.

Welcome Beryl!

VAL4M

Welcome Beryl! You should chat with VAL4M VAL4M . She loves perfume. :)
Welcome Beryl!! but not sure we should talk you and I. I might not help you with your no-buy in 2020, if we start talking about perfume FYI I try to only buy 3 perfumes per year I was close in 2019 I think I only buy 4-5 :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts