Resolution LOW-BUY 2020

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Kosas Tinted Face Oil - 02
  • Kosas Revealer Concealer - 02
  • NARS RCC - Chantilly
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows)
  • MAC Prep and Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base
  • MAC Paint Pot - Camel Coat
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - 02
  • NARS Velvet Lip Glide - Unlaced

fur4elise

byeJuly.jpg
Low / No Buy Journal 2020
July

Spending: On budget for July.

Purchases:

Nordstrom ~ $20 note landed in my inbox 😉 ELDW – 6W1 – Sandalwood. This turned out to be perfect to custom mix my foundation to match my summer coloring.

Pat McG ~ Took advantage of the XCLUSIV sale. Lip Fetish Lip Balm Mini Trio (Clear, Blow Up, Flesh 3); Full Size Love Supreme. ~ I am late to the party on these. I love the formula and that they actually have color. Like most of us, I am not wearing full-on lipstick these days, especially with the mask mandate. So, it is nice to find something wearable. I went back and purchased Dark Devotion and Flesh 3 (full size). I would not repurchase the minis. Blame it on the warm weather, but they were very very soft and broke almost immediately, making them kind of messy to use.

Beautylish ~ Good Molecules Niacinamide Toner.
I also purchased both the Daily Brightening Serum and Discoloration Correction Serum. At a low price point, I figured it could not hurt to try them.

Favorites:heart:
Pat McG – Lip Fetish Balms
…I find them to be moisturizing. It is rare for me to find a lip product that does not disrupt and dry out my lips.

MAC – Pretty Little Things Face Compacts (holiday 2018); Star Dipped Face Compact ~ Med. Deep (holiday 2019); – A reminder that we all have things in our stash that need to be loved on! I have been using these trios in combination for blush & highlight. I also pulled out the ED blushes I have too!:scram:

ND Bronze Palette - :heart:

Fringe Rotation:

Pat McG Fetish Eyes; MJ Velvet Noir; MJ Lash’d (free deluxe tube); Lancome Hypnose Drama, L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer and Lash Paradise Mascara

Used Up:
PTR 21 Peptide Serum
Good Molecules Niacinamide Toner

Disposed Of: Nothing

Mascara Roundup: Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir, MJ Primer

Gave Away: Nothing

On My Radar:
A new brow pencil
– Still on the list.

tarte FF sale (30%) ~ I’d like to get a darker Shape Tape concealer. For a beauty splurge - Chrome Paint Pot (Beach Bae) and Rainforest of the Sea seaglass eyeshadow (Golden Hour)

Lust List:
Nordie’s sale ~ Charlotte Tilbury Glowing, Gorgeous Eye Secrets Set. Legendary Lashes Mascara V.2 plus Eyes to Mesmerise in Golden Eclipse and Star Gold
. I have been wanting Star Gold since it came out. But upon closer look, it is not much of a savings to buy the set…I may be better off just waiting for a 20% coupon and getting the single shade. Eh, meh…I have some time to ponder it.

Big Girl Stuff: I’ve had my head down and been working hard planning for a return to campus and the fall semester. I'm also alot less stressed out and happier in general that there seems to be a movement towards normal. I am ready to be back in my library! I officially return on Wednesday of this coming week. However, everything is still a hot mess due to an HVAC project in my building. There is also still much to be done to put safety and social distancing protocol in place. The upswing is if we must shut down again, we will be able to handle it much better.

Homestuffs:
Garden Update – My green thumb is on this year! I have been harvesting an assortment of green beans, cucumbers and tomatoes for the past couple of weeks. The corn and zucchini are still growing. And my baby watermelon plants are starting to vine out. Those will probably be a late season harvest if I am lucky to get fruit.
Garden_July_22_20.jpg
July 22nd
Garden_Aug_7_20.jpg
August 7th

Healthstuffs: This is actually a combination of home and healthstuffs!
We cancelled our YMCA membership. It came down to realizing we could not keep making payments for no access and no opening in sight. So we invested in a substantial piece of commercial grade gym equipment for home. Basically, it is a rack system with two pulley cable systems, two stacks of weight, built-in Smith machine and myriad of attachments that would allow us to train full body. It will be a few weeks before it is shipped and we have to have a professional installer set it up in our house. We also think being able to train at home is going to save us a lot of time, especially in the winter. Win-win!
FrenchFitnessFSR80Multi.JPG

And that sums up July. Hard to believe the dog days of summer are almost over. The fall semester starts in 3 weeks. After working from home for 5 months, I do have mixed feelings. I will absolutely miss having the fuzzy babies with me all the time and the natural light of my home office. But I do miss my office and being able to leave “work” at work when I leave for the day. I am hoping for an easy readjustment back.

Hoping as always that all of you are happy, healthy, safe and enjoying the summer.
x0x0x

Last edited:

fur4elise

JUNE UPDATE:
MAKEUP PURCHASED: 0!!!
:five:

Health stuff:
I think I have a hip bursitis so cross training it is for the last 2 weeks and it sucks! I tried running 3 times this week and it was somewhat painful. I'm biking more to compensate and I found this cute outdoor gym/workout called Trekfit near my home. My city has build alot of those in several parks across town. See below here my little workout place for the last 4 weeks (not me in the picture LOL)
Picture taken here https://www.pacificplayinc.com/outdoor-fitness-solutions-by-trekfit/
View attachment 67798
View attachment 67799
I build up a little circuit 1) modified pull up, bench hop, push up, alternate tap foot, alternate bench step up with knee raise, tricep dips, mountain climber, leg raise i do the circuit non stop and catch my breath for a minute or so and go back at it again x 3 time. last two time I brought some elastic so I added in my routine biceps curl and shoulder press. So I bike for 35min and do another 25 min of strenght training and now i'm sore! LOL I sure try to be fit this summer.

This is so cool! I really wish we had a park like this! It looks like it would be a lot of fun, especially with a friend. Speaking of biking, hubs and I have been hitting the trails regularly. It is so nice to be safely enjoying the outside. Especially being housebound most of the week! Hope your hips are feeling better!

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Kosas Revealer Concealer - 01 (better concealer match for me in this range)
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette + a little bit of Cool Grey (brows)
  • surratt beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Omega
  • Tower 28 Bronzino Illuminating Bronzer - West Coast
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare

Beryl

Shower gels, deodorants, foot cream. Total 25 euro.

Adult coloring book Bookdepository.com Christmas Cats Creative Haven was a pre-order from 2019.

ZARA perfumes Noche Azul, Pink Flambe and Yellow Sun. Towels. Botanical print napkins. Salad bowl.
Total euro 55.74

ASOS summer dress cotton, vest cotton, fall scarf UKP 37.00

Beryl

Looked into my makeup bag.........nothing needed..........went online bought crafts supplies at scrapbook.com usd 24.96 + shipping cost 6.99 to EU. (Over 22 euro =25 usd have to pay extra tax)

shellygrrl

Staff member
Was gifted some more goodies recently and tried a couple of those new things...

• Kosas Revealer Concealer - 01
  • Hourglass Veil Translucent Loose Setting Powder
  • Kosas Color and Light Palette - Contrachroma High Intensity (see below)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster
  • NARS Afterglow Lip Balm - Dolce Vita
So I used the left side of Contrachroma HI as bronzer with a very light hand. I don't think it suits me that way, and I'm not sure it suits me as a blush. I used the right side as an eyeshadow (way too dark for me to use as a highlighter) and it was too orangey-peachy for my taste so tried to use Hipster to neutralize it. I do like the formula, though (even with quite a lot of powder kick-up).

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector - Pearl (haven't used this in quite a while!)
  • Kosas Revealer Concealer - 02 to correct, then 01 over the top
  • ABH Eyeshadow - Warm Taupe
  • Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon - Glacé

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Omega (crease)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadows - Baby Face (lid), Faux Fur (lashlines)
  • Tower 28 Bronzino Cream Bronzer - West Coast
  • MAC Lipstick - Fanfare

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • mix of ABH Eyeshadow - Buon Fresco + Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Sand Dollar
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Concrete Jungle
  • NARS Blush - Sex Fantasy
  • Glossier Generation G Lipstick - Like
  • wet'n'wild Liquid Catsuit High Shine - Caught You Bare Naked

VAL4M

So i've been duping a couple of palette lately to curbe my desire to buy them.
I did purchased a couple of palettes this summer (I order from colourpop 3 palette and that was my second order this year which is like nothing compare of last year) and still at 300$ off to hit rouge for next year at Sephora (again kind of unsusual for me I usually hit rouge status in August) I even purchased less from indie brand and drugstore but I did splurge big time on clothing so I guess it does even out. But I still find Sephora and Beautylish to be shady with does sales like stop already people are tired!
I feel I stayed clear of those temptation and with the size of my makeup collection nothing is ''new'' any more, case and point the new ND glam palette that I was able to dupe easily with my singles eyeshadows and Huda haze collection (ps the kakhi pallette can be dupe with the BH zodiac palette (the original) ) .
Next purchased: makeup brushes I hate that Sonia G's brushes are always out of stock and when she restock is like half of the collection so there is always a couple brushes on my wish list that is missing and I refused to do a couple of order. I will buy when they will be all available.
That way of thinking is the reason that I only made 2 colourpop order this year, if I can't have all the items that I want then I will wait.
I purchased a fitbit watch and I dont like it :( I thought it could replace my Polar watch but the GPS sucks on the Fitbit and yes I have the hart beat, steps and calories count but I need to know my distance while I'm running and I realized it is several KM/miles off, not good :( any who I might wait till next year to replace it and give my watch to my son.
Hope everyone stay safe and are careful because winter is coming and in Canada winter is cold, dark and long :violin:

lenchen

So i've been duping a couple of palette lately to curbe my desire to buy them.
I did purchased a couple of palettes this summer (I order from colourpop 3 palette and that was my second order this year which is like nothing compare of last year) and still at 300$ off to hit rouge for next year at Sephora (again kind of unsusual for me I usually hit rouge status in August) I even purchased less from indie brand and drugstore but I did splurge big time on clothing so I guess it does even out. But I still find Sephora and Beautylish to be shady with does sales like stop already people are tired!
I feel I stayed clear of those temptation and with the size of my makeup collection nothing is ''new'' any more, case and point the new ND glam palette that I was able to dupe easily with my singles eyeshadows and Huda haze collection (ps the kakhi pallette can be dupe with the BH zodiac palette (the original) ) .
Next purchased: makeup brushes I hate that Sonia G's brushes are always out of stock and when she restock is like half of the collection so there is always a couple brushes on my wish list that is missing and I refused to do a couple of order. I will buy when they will be all available.
That way of thinking is the reason that I only made 2 colourpop order this year, if I can't have all the items that I want then I will wait.
I purchased a fitbit watch and I dont like it :( I thought it could replace my Polar watch but the GPS sucks on the Fitbit and yes I have the hart beat, steps and calories count but I need to know my distance while I'm running and I realized it is several KM/miles off, not good :( any who I might wait till next year to replace it and give my watch to my son.
Hope everyone stay safe and are careful because winter is coming and in Canada winter is cold, dark and long :violin:
Great updates! good job on resisting temptation! September is my birth month, so i have been a naught girl in the way of brushes! I have a somewhat long wishlist, and I managed to treat myself by buying some brushes. I passed on the glam palette, as I am more so drawn to warm toned neutrals, and i'm very uncomfortable with cool tones. I hope ND comes out with a nude palette at some point as the mini nude palette has become one of my top 5 ND palettes. Speaking of Sonia g, i purchased the new mini buffer brush and i absolutely love it. I'm sorry to hear you do not like your new fitbit :( it has begun to get chilly here in the mornings and evenings, I'm not looking forward to our cold winters..ugh..

shellygrrl

Staff member
  • Kosas Revealer Concealer - 02 (as corrector) and 01
  • Bobbi Brown Downtown Cool Palette - Brunette (brows) and Cool Brown (lashline)
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Hipster
  • NARS Velvet Lip Glide - Unlaced

lenchen

Near the end of August, Zoeva had a 30% off sale on their individual brushes, so I took advantage and bought all five that I'd wishlisted. Still waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully they'll get here soon.
Ooooh i'm excited to hear which ones you got and your thoughts!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I ordered the 110 (Face Shape), 114 (Luxe Face Focus), 122 (Petit Stippling), 230 (Luxe Pencil), and 240 (Luxe Petit Pencil).

Order is finally on this side of the Atlantic (I ordered them on August 28, it shipped from Germany on the 31st) so they shouldn't take too much longer to arrive!

fur4elise

August.jpg
Low / No Buy Journal 2020

August – Late, late, late again! Sorry sorry! :scram:

Spending: On budget

Purchases:
tarte FF sale (30% coupon) ~ Shape Tape concealer (Deep Sand). Chrome Paint Pot (Beach Bae) and Rainforest of the Sea seaglass eyeshadow (Golden Hour)

Urban Decay – 50% off – Browbeater Dark & Neutral Brown, Vice Lip Chemistry 21.

Sephora - $10 VIB points – Charlotte TIlbury Eyes to Mesmerise Amber Gold and Star Gold cream shadow –
These are more subtle than I thought they would be.

Favorites:heart:
ND Bronze Palette
Hourglass Lip Oil N° 28 Lip Treatment Oil

Fringe Rotation:
Pat McG Fetish Eyes; MJ Velvet Noir; MJ Lash’d (free deluxe tube); L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Primer and Lash Paradise Mascara

Disposed Of: Nothing

Used Up:
PTR 21 Peptide Wrinkle Resist Serum -
I'll replenish this and use it in combination with EL ANR for nighttime skincare. It will make the PTR last bit longer.

Mascara Roundup: Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir, Lancome Hypnose

Gave Away: 4 large bags of clothing and household goods to Goodwill.

On My Radar:

September is my birth month, so I have been inundated with coupons and freebies. I plan to purchase a couple beauty items using those but don’t have anything particular in mind.

The Shape Tape (Deep Sand) I purchased was waaaaay too dark. So, I am mixing it with a too light shade to get a workable combination. I will see if there is a better match and when there is a sale I'll pick a tube up.

Curlsmith hair products ~ I ditched DevaCurl a while back and have been looking for a new curl friendly brand. I do like Miss Jessie’s styling products but have not tried their cleansers or conditioners. Curlsmith has good reviews, so I would like to try the line.

Speaking of hair, I am long overdue for a good haircut and color. I am going to try out the salon in one of the Ulta stores near me.

Big Girl Stuff:
I have been back on campus since the second week of August week and classes started on the 31st. It feels really good to be reconnecting and focusing on students and academics. I will say though, it is a very different vibe compared to last year at this time. Things are very quiet and there are very few people on campus. There has been a lack of the excitement that usually accompanies the start of a new academic year. There will be no in-person meetings or events. 75% of the classes are online or hyflex (part in-person, part online). Usually by now, I have regular students who come in and study in the library. With the safety protocol including wearing masks at all times in closed spaces, the students just don’t want to be here. I don’t blame them. I would choose comfort and freedom too.

Homestuffs & Healthstuffs:
Since I am so late with this entry, I’ll catch you up in the September post, which I am kind of writing as I edit this one ;) I cannot believe October is next week!

Have a fantastic weekend! x0x0x

Last edited:

fur4elise

...:( I thought it could replace my Polar watch but the GPS sucks on the Fitbit and yes I have the hart beat, steps and calories count but I need to know my distance while I'm running and I realized it is several KM/miles off, not good :( any who I might wait till next year to replace it and give my watch to my son.

VAL4M VAL4M ~ Just a quick reply. If you can return it, do it!

Fitbit has just released the Sense and Versa 3, Both have onboard GPS and will eclipse the older models with many other new features. The Sense is the more loaded model and looks promising for advanced athletes, which I consider you to be!
:bronzecup:
The onboard GPS is what I was hoping for. I don't want to have to carry my phone with me to track distance. I will probably ask hubs for one of these at Christmas. Be sure to look out for reviews, as these are brand new this month. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts