Restaurants...Fast Food...Portions

Lalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
I think if i lived in america id be overweight....(no offence)

my friend went to vegas for 2 weeks and out on 7lbs!!

she said your portion sizes are huge!and your food is so cheap!

We cant supersize in the uk....Mcdonalds large is the biggest here... which is smaller than a US regular ive heard. (correct me if im wrong)

its crazy they would allow such big portions or all you can eat buffets...

in the uk the goverment stopped supersize meals because obese children are becoming a problem that our health care wont be able to afford.

kids now get taught how to eat healthy in school, and schools are eventually goin to stop serving burgers and chips for school lunch!

out of curiousity... is anything like that happening in america?

yeh i agree my aunt and uncle went to see their son whos studying there and commented on how everything in resutaurants is like mega big, mc donalds is like super super big aswell. whenever i eat from maccies i feel my heart rate rising and all i can taste is salt, only thing i eat is the fillet o fish, which is why i dont go anymore. Schools here are doing a great job by encouraging healthy eating and not selling fizzy drinks/crisps n stuff anymore

likeomgsteffduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
I think if i lived in america id be overweight....(no offence)

my friend went to vegas for 2 weeks and out on 7lbs!!

she said your portion sizes are huge!and your food is so cheap!

We cant supersize in the uk....Mcdonalds large is the biggest here... which is smaller than a US regular ive heard. (correct me if im wrong)

its crazy they would allow such big portions or all you can eat buffets...

in the uk the goverment stopped supersize meals because obese children are becoming a problem that our health care wont be able to afford.

kids now get taught how to eat healthy in school, and schools are eventually goin to stop serving burgers and chips for school lunch!

out of curiousity... is anything like that happening in america?

Psh, I WISH America would teach kids to stop eating like a monster. Instead they decided to replace soda in vending machines with milk...a good start, but a lot of people dont know that if you cut milk off you can be a whole lot more healthier...soymilk has all of the same vitamins as milk, minus the bleached blood, urine, and FAT.
..oh my god I just realized how much I trailed off...hahaha
I still see kids eating burgers and chips and pizza for lunch. And the school salads are LOADED with ranch dressing.

Also..I noticed Wend'y made their fries a bit smaller. Which made me sad on my "PMS I NEED TO EAT SOMETHING UNHEALTHY, AND A LOT OF IT!" day.

dollbabybex

my mother used to work in a newsagent... and sometimes id go sit with her for company...

the amount of kids who would be given £2 to buy sweets,fizzy drinks etc... just to keep them quiet for the evening is outrageous!!

Latest posts