Retail Therapy!

Shoe Crazy

Does anyone else have a compulsive shopping problem?? Besides makeup (which by 8:15am this morning I had placed orders on both MAC and Sephora
oh.gif
ops: ) I spend wayy too much money on clothes and shoes and crap that either sits in my closet or I wear once. My bills and rent get paid and all but I'm supposed to be saving up to move back to NY next spring and all I continue to do is spend. I have to hide bags from my mom and lie when I'm wearing something new and tell her I dug it out from my closet its terrible. I can't be the only one with this problem..

My other big problem is TARGET no matter what I could be going in there for 2 things and walk out with over $100 worth of crap I don't need!!

Juneplum

ditto to all of the above
greengrin.gif
:twisted: i'm a total shopaholic! as i like to say, there's no ailment that a little retail therapy can't cure!!! absolutely LOVE tarzhay... i was just there on sunday and spent over $200.. they have the cutest stuff
greengrin.gif

Shawna

No wonder I feel like I have found home when I come here. That is exactly my problem. Bad day at work?, nothing lipgloss won't fix. Yesterday my 2 1/2 year old was demonspawn the whole day and I had to take him to work with me too. I had him literally all day. After work I stopped at London Drugs and they had Demeter fragrances. After I calmed down (hardly anyone knows what Demeter are here) I purchased the sex on the beach duo and boy, did I feel better. As the scent enveloped my body, I felt the stress of the day just melt away. Forget the hug from hubby telling me it would all be ok and please don't kill our son, I NEEDED THE PERFUME. It's really a good thing we don't have Target here b/c it's my favorite place to shop when I hit the US. Except now that I have discovered Sephora, I can't wait to get into an actual store. No wonder we are always in debt. Sigh.

nphernetton

Oh my, I have the same problem! I shop when I have even the tiniest bit of extra money. I shop when Im bored. I shop when I'm having a bad day. I shop to celebrate when I'm having a great day! I shop before a big party. I shop before I go back home to visit the family (I have to keep 'em on their toes!)

I also have a problem with compulsive hair dyeing...

roxybc

Oooh, I'm so bad. I'm a major shopaholic. I've you've read the shopaholic books, then you know EXACTLY what goes through my head LOL! I have tons of stuff that still have the tags on them in my closet. This past year I've gained "a few" pounds so I feel really self concious about myself. I don't buy clothes so much anymore. I've found myself going accessory and makeup crazy, because both make me feel great, and they ALWAYS fit!
oh.gif
ops:
th_wink3.gif
I'm a student, and I don't even really have that much $$ right now, but I'm used to spending like I do. Iver the past few days I've got Dech Chair pigment, the Stila Lotus Bloom palette, and the Stila Fierce Femme Palette. I totally didn't need any of them, but I get such a rush from buying them. I love to sit and look at my makeup collection. It's very relaxing!

Quote:
I stopped at London Drugs and they had Demeter fragrances.

I was at the London Drugs up here in PG, and I couldn't believe that they had them!!! I really liked the sex on the beach fragrance, but ewww, the dirt one! Who would wear that?? They all smelled exactly like their name (except sex on the beach, I'm not exactly sure what that's supposed to smell like! haha) No one up here had any idea what those fragrances are either. :|

singinmys0ng

gawd..i shop way too much for clothes as well. When I have the money..even if its like $4 i go to the thrift store and buy some kind of clothing. Before I got into makeup..thats all i did was shop for clothes..i even get depressed when i don't have any money to get new clothes (like this month) lol..sigh..i guess its good to feel like that though sometimes?

GoldieLox

HAHA i totally understand about Target! My sister and I went there yesterday because i wanted to get one of those thing you put near the front door with hooks for your keys.. and i came out spending $60. She spent $70. i just find so much rad stuff especially in the $1 section.. I got some really cute pink screwdrivers. haha. I love tools.

It's especially hard because she has a 7 month old baby boy and they have SO much cute stuff to get babies. i never leave without something. Yesterday i bought him an outfit (camo shorts & onesie with camo buggies). oh man.

mac_obsession

heh...Its so funny, I tell my two closest girlfriends that we are all so much alike, because if we have a bad day, or money problems what do we do? Go to mac or sephora or shop them online!!

Nothing heals a wound like a new l/g, e/s or anything pretty and sparkly!!

My bigger problem is Ill go into a store and say ok I have $30 to spend, and end up spending like $150...Sigh...and theres usually so much more I want to get and dont get...

Shoe Crazy

I did it again! I stopped at Target during my lunch break just for bodywash and toothpaste and I somehow ended up spending $43.00. Everytime the cashier asks me if I want to save 10% by applying for a Target card it takes everything inside of me to refuse!!

Shoe Crazy

If it had not received the new Sephora catalog I may not have placed an order but I saw soo much that I just had to have!! Plus I finally ordered a few things I had been putting off and with my promo code and the other free samples I couldn't resist.
th_wink3.gif

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe Crazy
Does anyone else have a compulsive shopping problem?? Besides makeup (which by 8:15am this morning I had placed orders on both MAC and Sephora
oh.gif
ops: ) I spend wayy too much money on clothes and shoes and crap that either sits in my closet or I wear once. My bills and rent get paid and all but I'm supposed to be saving up to move back to NY next spring and all I continue to do is spend. I have to hide bags from my mom and lie when I'm wearing something new and tell her I dug it out from my closet its terrible. I can't be the only one with this problem..

My other big problem is TARGET no matter what I could be going in there for 2 things and walk out with over $100 worth of crap I don't need!!

OMG me too!! I'm moving NEXT week, I spent $120 at target last night on crap I really dont' "need' but since i earn the money I justify it, I never get bills paid on time I get enough paid to "slide" by and get them paid. I haven't ordered mac I'm waiting in June I'm going to do a mac ulta trip to the city. I gave away my sephora catalog. I'm a shopaholic, I love Target, and the mall.... next I'm redecorating again next month so its lowes time. I adore target but sometimes I dont like their clothes this time.. I want a skirt or two I seen in there. If you've read the sophie kinsella books shopaholic that woman is "in my head" I think just like that. I really do... minus no credit cards. I drive a cheap car and will live in a house that costs less to free up"disposable income" to shop.
lol.gif
oh.gif
ops:

joytheobscure

sorry I'm spaced out tonight I hope you can follow that last post, my cold medicine has kicked in!
I did get the greenday cd I've been wanting at Target and they had some really cheap makeup brushes that I picked up- along with some revlon super lustrous gloss and nailpolish in Kiss Me Coral.

Shoe Crazy

My mom bought me the first Shopoholic book but I haven't had a chance to read it I am too wrapped up in Wicked. It's funny that you gave your Sephora catalog away I gave it to someone at work who actually returned it to me!!! I said "no, please keep it this is dangerous in my possession" lol. I buy Sonia Kushnik (sp?) brushes from Target and I love them. I wish they carried Rimmell. I buy a lot of basic clothes from Target I do love their shoe section though. The new greenday is great so is the new weezer if your into them I picked up that and the new DMB at Target as well. Btw you made perfect sense cold meds and all
lol.gif

melozburngr

The Shopaholic books are so great- I've reread them several times- I am so TOTALLY Rebecca Bloomwood its scaaaaary...lol its a shame that theres not a hunky rich British guy named Luke around.. :p

AlliSwan

OMG I thought I was the only person who loved shopping at target. My idea of a perfect Sunday is "running errands" as I tell my boyfriend and parents sometimes, which just means me getting a starbucks venti americano and wandering the aisles of target for at LEAST an hour! I love it but my wallet doesn't...

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphernetton
Oh my, I have the same problem! I shop when I have even the tiniest bit of extra money. I shop when Im bored. I shop when I'm having a bad day. I shop to celebrate when I'm having a great day! I shop before a big party. I shop before I go back home to visit the family (I have to keep 'em on their toes!)

I also have a problem with compulsive hair dyeing...

Me too <sigh> I said I shop when I'm depressed- but thats a lie, I shop when I'm happy too.... no happy medium.. how broke can I be by payday thats my theme no matter how much income we have coming in. This site is scary, what happens when shopaholics team up, LOL us older experts can coach the 'yungun's coming up. lol

Jillith

Word, y'all. I am such a compulsive shopper. I've got it pretty much narrowed down to makeup/beauty items, though. I used to spend crazy ammount on clothes but have become lots more frugal in that domain, fortunately. But I'm crazy ridiculous with the makeup thing. I have scores of new shadows and glosses I haven't even tried yet but I keep buying more. I love wearing and applying makeup but the real kick for me comes from acquiring and possessing it. And I agree with y'all, Target is a very dangerous place!!!
tong.gif
sycho:

solardame

I go into a trance when I enter a store. Haha, my eyes get glassy. Just so overwhelmed with all this shit and I want everything.

I dipped slightly into my Belle Azure funds and bought some shirts today. :|

joytheobscure

Oh my kids have fought all day and when grandma gets here I want to ease my mental pain and go to walgreens for some makeup. Please discourage me. Please..... god make the kids stop fighting, I've tried but they look at each other and fight today. It doesnt help my compulsive shopping addiction. My SIL told me that "you have a problem" well I think my sil has a problem... she wont' spend over $5 on herself everything else goes to bills. She had to show me a bonne bell lipgloss that she got and talked about how "expensive" it was..... <ack> if she seen my vincent longo lipstick. lol. She lives for her bills...... crazy.