Returned Items

spendtoomuch

I am just wondering what Mac or other companies for that matter do with all the returned items. Do they just throw these away? That seems so wasteful. I really hate doing returns for that reason.

User34

ALL returns or ones that have been used?
They should just use the used ones for testers.
I once bought somthing and it had obviously been tested and returned. I didn't do anything about it though.

pinkfeet

When I worked for Fields they did a number of things :

Did a "damange" tag for the item thru the register, then if the item was good or usable or we wanted it, we took it out of the box to keep and get signed out by a manager.

We took the "Damages" back to the stock room so Fields would get credit for them and then send all items back to the original vendor - be it empty boxes or not.

You had to list the return - was it a tester, ( damaging out an item to make a tester ) returned by customer used/unused or defective and we had to tally that per month on this super long detailed stock sheet.

When you RTV items back to the vendor they usually put them in their outlet stores or toss them if they cannot be resold. However most of time we would keep the items cause there was a lot of good stuff to be had that had a finger smudge or hardly looked used.

I know a lot of dishonest employees would "finger smudge" on purpose on new products to get the item they wanted esp LE items.

spendtoomuch

I wondered if you returned a makeup brush you didn't like if they used it right there at the counter. It would be ashame to just throw out a perfectly good brush that could easily be disinfected. I would buy lightly used stuff for sure if it was discounted.

User20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spendtoomuch
I would buy lightly used stuff for sure if it was discounted.

that would be cool if they had a lightly used section of returned items at discounted prices.

pinkfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by spendtoomuch
I wondered if you returned a makeup brush you didn't like if they used it right there at the counter. It would be ashame to just throw out a perfectly good brush that could easily be disinfected. I would buy lightly used stuff for sure if it was discounted.

well at my old counter and cosmetics dept in general if the brush was returned and used sometimes we cleaned it and kept it for testers or to use on makeover. the only people i didnt see keep those brushes was bobbi brown, they all get their own set of brushes to use at the store, so everyone has their own set.

and yes brushes were not thrown out at my counter and if we did get mac it was all kept ,same with nars as we didnt have those lines at my store.