Returning anything from HK collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aLove4MakeUp

When I went to the unveiling party on Feb 3 in NYC it was so packed that I bought things to have a better look at them once I got home. The more n more I look at the brush set the more I'm unhappy with it. I definitely know that's going back to the store. The beauty powders don't really show up on my skin n I think I like Tahitian Sand more than Pretty Baby. So one of those will more then likely go back as well... It's ok tho cuz there's a few things from the permanent line want instead..... Are you ladies returning anything from HK?

sierrao

i got pretty baby but it doesnt show up on me, i just bought it for the compact. but im thinking about taking it back. im going to be so mad if it ends up at the cco for alot less.
i wish u can take the powder back but keep the compact, so u get back $11 instead of $22

Rooshi

I am going to return Mimmy (so sheer) and Fun N Games BPB. I wish it showed up on me (NC 35), it's such a gorgeous color.
ssad.gif

pdtb050606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooshi
I am going to return Mimmy (so sheer) and Fun N Games BPB. I wish it showed up on me (NC 35), it's such a gorgeous color.
ssad.gif

Rooshi! I just got Mimmy yesterday with the hopes that it would be gorgeous on-and I haven't tried it on yet
ssad.gif
(NC37)
So will you be able to come to Rice Village Feb. 28th?

ohnna-lee

Nice Kitty, I normally don't return anything but the MA gave me the wrong lipglass, so now i have to go and see if I can still get my hands on the Nice to be Nice.
I had driven all over the place to get Nice Kitty to, to end up with two that i will never use is not going to happen. I really should check the bag before I leave the store. It will become a habit. Because today I sit with slightly puffy eyes from allergies and am too lazy to do squat!

I just ordered the cute-ster lipstick and not impressed. Very sheer. Good thing i went to the macys across the street and checked things out before goign crazy! im very disapointed, and thought the sculpting foundations/ concealers were sooooo much better of an investment then the HK.oh yea and the cremesheen lipglass are great too. Seems like the HK powders were super sheer. What happened? Wasnt this suppose to be a big collections? they should of let me get my discount becuz to pay full price, it sucked!
th_dunno.gif

Charlie'sAngel

I didn't go to a preview party but I went yesterday and I had a lot of things on my mind that I was excited to buy.... Tahitian Sand BP, Mimmy l/g, Cute Ster l/s, TLC in Pink Fish and Tippy blush..... After I went to the store and played around and tested things out, the only thing I came home with was the Pink Fish TLC (which I absolutely LOVE)...everything else was just OKAY and yeah the packaging was cute but I'd prefer to save my money and B2M emties for something that I just can't live without.

If you haven't tried Pink Fish TLC...TRY IT!!! Its such an amazing color- the PERFECT pink. Lip color, gloss, SPF, moisturizer all in one its great.

Im so sad.... this was supposed to be my big MAC comeback! they have let me down. I wanted a balloon and couldnt get that either!!

caffn8me

I have to say that buying things knowing that you will be returning them is plain wrong. Returned goods don't go back into stock. What that does is increases the costs for all consumers. If a product is faulty, fine, return it. If you have been recommended a product by one of the staff and it doesn't work for you, fine, return it. If you decide to buy things without having looked at them properly then it's hardly M·A·C's fault is it? It should be on your own head.

Going to the unveiling party was probably fun but you could have attended and bought things the next day when it wasn't as crowded. You've actually set yourself up for problems here. Is it fair to make it M·A·C's problem simply because you screwed up? You'd be very selfish if you did.

You'd be better off hanging on to them until the collection has finished and selling them when they're discontinued and sought after.

Rooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
Rooshi! I just got Mimmy yesterday with the hopes that it would be gorgeous on-and I haven't tried it on yet
ssad.gif
(NC37)
So will you be able to come to Rice Village Feb. 28th?

Hey Pam! What else did you get from the Hello Kitty Collection? I loved Fun N Games the most in this collection but it didn't work out for me. I also got Too Dolly Palette and a free tote with $75 purchase at MAC Houston (Galleria)!
smiles.gif

I would love to see you guyz at Rice Village. However, I will have to check with my manager if I am off that saturday. Yes, I work even on weekends.
ssad.gif
Will let ya know if I can make it.

aLove4MakeUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I have to say that buying things knowing that you will be returning them is plain wrong. Returned goods don't go back into stock. What that does is increases the costs for all consumers. If a product is faulty, fine, return it. If you have been recommended a product by one of the staff and it doesn't work for you, fine, return it. If you decide to buy things without having looked at them properly then it's hardly M·A·C's fault is it? It should be on your own head.

Going to the unveiling party was probably fun but you could have attended and bought things the next day when it wasn't as crowded. You've actually set yourself up for problems here. Is it fair to make it M·A·C's problem simply because you screwed up? You'd be very selfish if you did.

You'd be better off hanging on to them until the collection has finished and selling them when they're discontinued and sought after.

I did not buy these items with the intention of returning them. I went to the unveiling party because i was invited n wanted to go. I swatched every single HK item that was there and only bought what I really liked. Unfortunately when I got home the Pretty Baby beauty powder looked completely different on me than it did in the store. And the brushes that were out on display were 10x better quality than the ones that were given to me. I'm paying money for these items and I feel i should be 100% happy with it. It's no ones fault that some of the makeup appeared differently on me at my home and outdoors than it did when i swatched it at the party. I never blamed MAC for not liking what I got and when i said I wanted to have a better look at it I meant it having to do with lighting. I've never returned a single MAC (or other makeup brand) item I've ever bought. I do heavy research before buying things n i always swatch it. I think it's very rude of you to verbally attack me and say I "screwed up" or set myself up for "problems". MAC has a return policy for a reason. I understand as a company and for sanitary reasons they may not like having to take back makeup, but they do have a return policy and IMO if they wanted to eliminate that return policy they easily could.

caffn8me

What you actually said was;
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLove4MakeUp
When I went to the unveiling party on Feb 3 in NYC it was so packed that I bought things to have a better look at them once I got home.

In other words you didn't look at them properly in the store. You bought them to have a better look (not to keep). This implies that you had returning them in mind if you didn't like what you saw when you looked at them at home.

You also say;
Quote:
The beauty powders don't really show up on my skin

but they did in the store? Strange.

As far as I can tell, there is no fault with the products (with the possible exception of the brushes). It's just that you don't like them. It happens.

M·A·C has an incredibly generous returns policy. Please don't abuse it.

aLove4MakeUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
What you actually said was;
In other words you didn't look at them properly in the store. You bought them to have a better look (not to keep). This implies that you had returning them in mind if you didn't like what you saw when you looked at them at home.

You also say;
but they did in the store? Strange.

M·A·C has an incredibly generous returns policy. Please don't abuse it.

Whether i went to the party or not I could have easily had the same problem. What i loved the most were the beauty powders and Fun & games blush cuz they looked good on me at the store. But for some reason Pretty baby didn't look the same at home. A lot of timews when i buy blushes from MAC i usually have the problem of it looking different then when i try it at the store. I know the lighting in stores r different than in a home or outdoors so i remind myself that b4 buying something. but i generally do a good job working with my skin tone and i'm always able to work with what i end up getting. Unfortunately I can't say things worked the same with pretty baby
ssad.gif

MAC does have a great return policy and that's something I'm sure many people, including myself appreciate. I dont think i'm abusing it. I liked it when i got it at the store n when i tried working with it at home i wasn't as pleased. I know people who have had that type of experience with any makeup product. I hate retuning makeup but I'm not gonna stay with it if i don't like it.

xbrookecorex

I feel like such a moron since I JUST got this stuff a week ago, but will be swapping/selling:
Cutester l/s
She Loves Candy l/g
Sweet Strawberry l/g (this actually got put in my bag instead of something else, dammit)
And probably Mimmy l/g

Lauren1981

Quote:
When I went to the unveiling party on Feb 3 in NYC it was so packed that I bought things to have a better look at them once I got home. The more n more I look at the brush set the more I'm unhappy with it. I definitely know that's going back to the store. The beauty powders don't really show up on my skin n I think I like Tahitian Sand more than Pretty Baby. So one of those will more then likely go back as well... It's ok tho cuz there's a few things from the permanent line want instead..... Are you ladies returning anything from HK?

what's the prob with the brush set because i was SO gonna get it
details please!
winks.gif

Lauren1981

oh! i also wanted to suggest something but it's just a suggestion because i'm sure you'd rather have your money back asap
BUT
have you thought of swapping/selling makeup on specktra? so that you won't have to take them back to the store? i'm sure you didn't have bad intentions (i.e. buying it just to bring it back) but it is true that they have no use for it once it's returned.
just a thought
winkiss.gif

aziajs

The only thing I got but wasn't crazy about was Fast Friends. I didn't swatch it before I bought it. I just saw the way it looked in the tube and had to have it. I got it home and it was super sheer and I was super disappointed. HOWEVER, the one thing I have learned where MAC is concerned is that you can make a product work. You can try wearing it different ways or pairing it with something you already have or something will come out in another collection that you can pair it with. With Fast Friends I just started pairing it with other lipsticks I had and realized that it was really pretty with Orchidazzle. I am happy now.

The other thing to consider is that your tastes change and what may not "work" for you now may work a year from now. Perfect example, I bought Scarlet Kiss from Heatherette because I HAD to have it. Don't you know when I finally got my hands on it I hated it?!?! It has been sitting in my case for a year. Well, last night I thought, just on a whim, to put on Whirl liner and try Scarlet Kiss on top. I loved it. I will be wearing this next time I wear a bronzey color on my eyes. I have sooooo many examples of products where this has happened. So, I say just hold onto whatever it is.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

The other thing to consider is that your tastes change and what may not "work" for you now may work a year from now

so true
i remember when i bought hepcat i thought it was so pretty. got home, thought it was alright. put it on and it made me look like i had pink eye so i f'n hated it.
then i did a mac chat and i told her it made me look like i had pink eye and she told me because of my color ( i have A LOT of red in my skin) stop putting it on my lid and start using it in my crease and now i freakin love it
yes.gif

sweetie

Awww don't feel bad about returning something that does not work for you. Lighting does make a big difference and those store lights can be deceiving sometimes. It's nice to sale or swap stuff since some people really want items, but if for some reason you can't or just don't want to, then don't feel bad about getting your money back. The return policy is there for a reason, so that customers can be happy. Especially since the SA's are quick to say just take it home and try it, you have 30 days to return it. It's not like you used the item for 28 days, used it up, and returned it on the 29th day (that would be abusing it). I know that MAC has made plenty of money from me off of stuff that was suggested that I felt comfortable enough to buy because I knew I could return it. 99% of the time I do like it and keep it, but they got extra sales just because I knew I could return it if I needed to.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie
It's not like you used the item for 28 days, used it up, and returned it on the 29th day (that would be abusing it).

I can't see how that's any different. The makeup returned still usually gets sent to B2M and is never sold again.

I'm not trying to upset the OP but I'm very old fashioned. I feel that if I buy something and I then decide I don't like it, I should bear the responsibility for that. It's not M·A·C's fault I decide I don't like it. It's very fashionable these days to attach blame to someone else even when we ourselves are who is at fault. If you buy something and don't like it, accept that you made a mistake. Either sell the product, learn to like it or swap it with something you do like. Returning it to M·A·C is not the real answer.

Lighting differences really aren't a good justification for rejecting something. The lighting in M·A·C stores is quite well chosen to give good colour rendering comparable to daylight (for the technically minded it uses triphosphor tubes with high frequency ballasts). During a normal day you can expect to be seen under numerous different lighting conditions. Lighting at home is probably the poorest quality in terms of colour rendering. Strong daylight is the best. If you're unsure whether a product will work in all light conditions you may be able to get a small sample to take away and try. Far better than wasting a whole new product.

Status
Not open for further replies.