Returning/Exchanging a MAC product?

VenomousKiss

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this.

Anyway, for Christmas, I had recieved a MAC NW15 Studio Sculpt Foundation from my mom. Since I had never been matched, and my mom thought I was exactly the same as her, the MUA recommended the NW instead of NC (I already knew I was a 15).

Christmas morning, tested it out... Boo. It made me look tan and orange on my hand, and it was to dark. I always thought I was an NC, having had tried it on, but my mom asked the MUA just to be sure, and listened to the NW recommendation instead of buying the NC15 Studio Sculpt.

So, question is, will I be able to return exchange the product for an NC15? I hate to do it, since I read around that they throw the products away, but it simply does not match my skin.
thmbdn.gif

gildedangel

Yes you can! Just be sure to bring the receipt with you if you can. I did this with a gift eyeshadow that I didn't like once and they took it back!

cmonster

well you could keep it and mix it with your lighter foundations ^^ that's what i do for shades that don't quite match me and when i need a darker one when summer comes.