Returning items to MAC

feebee

Hi guys

Are MAC generally ok about returning products? I normally use Studio Fix powder but bought the fluid to try and just cant get it to work for me.... the colour is too yellow and the texture too thick and doesnt blend well on my skin.
Do you think they would be ok about changing it for Studio Fix powder?
TIA
Fiona

Winthrop44

I have never had any problems returning or exchanging any cosmetics, regardless of brand.
smiles.gif

feebee

thanks for your reply!
I'll pop in tonight and see how i get on, just feel a bit cheeky asking to return it since there is nothing actually "wrong" with it as such...
But sure better than sitting in my traincase going to waste!

72Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebee
thanks for your reply!
I'll pop in tonight and see how i get on, just feel a bit cheeky asking to return it since there is nothing actually "wrong" with it as such...

But there is something wrong with it if it's too yellow for you then the color isn't correct.

samila18

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebee
thanks for your reply!

it's okay that there's nothing "wrong" with it.. I had the same problem with SFF, and I just went back and exchanged it for the NW (as opposed to the NC I was using) the MA was soo nice!! I'm sure you won't have any problems whatsoever

junealexandra

In my experience MAC is the most approachable about things that don't work, and testing things out. Plus foundation is really difficult to get right in the store lighting. Even with the MUA's help I went home with 4x's with 4 different shades before I got the right one. Each time they were great. Now I absolutley LOVE what I wear and would not buy anything else. I think they recognize the importance of the right colors and textures, and service that brings the customer back.

fabdumplin

hopping on the return bandwagon

I don't want to start a new thread!

I lost my receipts and have two lippies which look terrible on me in my home/natural lighting (viva glam I & II). I paid in cash too (stupid mistake!) Can I still return them for store credit or should I just place them in my swap box.

stefunnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabdumplin
I don't want to start a new thread!

I lost my receipts and have two lippies which look terrible on me in my home/natural lighting (viva glam I & II). I paid in cash too (stupid mistake!) Can I still return them for store credit or should I just place them in my swap box.

if you bought it from a mac store.. they should honor you credit.. but if you got it from a counter over at macys.. you either have to have the receipt or the lil sticker on the box.. they wont honor you w/ anything if you dont have either one.. & as for nodies.. they take everything back.. receipt/ no receipt.. box w/ sticker/ no box.. these are just my experiences for my local counters & stores
smiles.gif
hth

bellaetoile

macy*s and nordstrom have always honored exchanges for me, even without the box/sticker/receipt.

i tried exchanging something at the mac freestanding store with no receipt, and they wouldn't let me.