Revlon Colorstay Foundation

MACaholic76

I've been wanting to try this foundation for quite some time now. Do any other WoC use this? What shade would an NC45 be? TIA!

braidey

I was at Big Lot's and I saw this foundation for $3.00 and I bought it because I heard great reviews about it. Okay coverage, but it was HELL getting it off. You need to use an oil based makeup remover to get it off.

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by braidey
I was at Big Lot's and I saw this foundation for $3.00 and I bought it because I heard great reviews about it. Okay coverage, but it was HELL getting it off. You need to use an oil based makeup remover to get it off.

Oh damn. Lemming killed! I dont wanna work that hard at taking off a foundation!!!

MACa6325xi

Quote:

I heard the same thing about trying to get this stuff off. If I could get it for $3.00, I certainly would try it. One of my co-workers uses it as an eyeshadow base and she said if you spill this foundation on your sink, you have to get bleach or something strong to remove it.

DominicanBarbie

I used to use before I knew about Mac and the color I wore was Caramel.BUT I bought some about a month ago and I think they changed the formula because it was way to dark. Nc44

Caramel_QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
One of my co-workers uses it as an eyeshadow base and she said if you spill this foundation on your sink, you have to get bleach or something strong to remove it.

Seriously? Dang, I guess they picked the right name "Colorstay" huh? Wow.

Eemaan

i loved this as the staying power was amazing...and then it broke me outsomething crazy
ssad.gif

th_mad0217.gif

vbretta

I have to say, I use this on a daily basis, and I absolutly LOVE IT! I have normal to oily skin, so that may be why I don't have a problem getting it off. It is one of the few foundations that I have found that I have gone back to -and it doesn't change color as the day goes on. I would honestly give it a try! You could always bring it back!

sa'raimilan

Yes I do agree it clogs my pores and tends to make me look orange at times. But all and all I love it and it does do the job.

this is my fave foundation
cutey.gif
. i love it better than any i've tried (mac, nars, bobbi brown, mufe, clinique, prescriptives, iman)
th_DANCE.gif
. mac's foundations have a tendency to turn me orange. i never have a problem with getting colorstay off. best of all, when you go to hug someone you don't leave foundation on them. i use mac wipes, followed by my regular clinique cleansing system.

i use caramel in the oily skin formulation. i top it off with mac's msf in medium deep or dark (summer).

baton

Quote:

it use to be hell for me to wash this stuff off my face too. i use to have to wash my face twice, then use a toner. but now i use a cheap liquid gentle cleanser like equate from walmart for normal-combo skin once to get it completely off.

the secret is what you use to wash it off your face. i use a clean foundation brush to lather directly the liquid cleanser on my damp face, and like magic...tada...it washes all the colorstay off without having to use oil cleansers as my face is oily like crazy, so i avoid anything with oil as all costs. try washing with a brush and it takes like 10 seconds to lather up my whole face and rinse and no need for a toner now to get rid of this colorstay. this way of cleaning your face doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts b/c any leftover colorstay will do that to you if it's not cleaned off properly.

back2past

i've used revlon colorstay for about three years now, and still love it. if you use mac studio fix fluid i would recommend taking the bottle with you to the drugstore in order to find the correct shade. i've heard that the combination/oily formula of the colorstay can be a little bit darker then the normal/dry version, so that might be something to keep in mind. hope this helps.

vintageroses

I think it has good coverage but i don't really need the coverage so i usually skip it because i hate the smell
ssad.gif
I really want to like it!
ssad.gif

MrsGooch

Tried this on a whim a while back (it was 75% off at a CVS around my way)...I havent looked back since! I LOVE it! I use "Caramel" in the Oily/Combo formula. It controls my SUPER oily skin like no other (I previously was a fan of MUFE Mat Velvet...thats still a great foundation, but for ME ColorStay performs better...for ME and my oilslick skin).

ColorSTAY is not an understatement...it does require more energy to take off at night, and it has stained my poor Clarisonic brushes something awful..but I love it dearly. Its an especially good bargain if you get it during a Buy One, Get One sale.

I apply it with a MAC 109 Brush...goes on great.

Only Con I have is the bottle...no pump. But last night, after I saw it suggested on another forum, I ordered some "Airless Pump Bottles" off Ebay so I will update after I see how those work.

mehrunissa

I think it ranks up there with more expensive department store foundations. Excellent coverage if you need it, but can obviously be sheered out. Stays on like nothing else and hell to wash off. I massage my face with a bit of Albolene whenever I use Colorstay, which takes it right off.

Latest posts