Revlon Colorstay or Loreal True Match - Help

Hey Ladies, I currently wear NC30 in Mac's SFF. For some reason I am just wanting to try something else. I don't think I found that perferct foundation yet. I do not want to keep paying 26.00 for a foundation. Can anyone recommend a suitable and cheaper foundation? I've been hearing Revlon colorstay on here. Has anyone tried the Loreal true match? Also if anyone knows of drugstore concealer. I would really appreciate it.
ssad.gif

trollydolly

I've been using SFF for over a year now and I thought it was time for a change so i've been using Revlon colorstay for a couple of days now and it is exactly like sff. The coverage is exactly the same and it lasts all day (I use prep and prime under it). It also has a less powdery feel about it and feels a bit light on the skin. I'd deff give revlon a go if I were you. Hth!

GlamQueen21

I love Revlon Color Stay Foundation!! It's so amazing! It gives you a natural flawless finish and it looks like you have clear skin! I really recommend it!

raen

I've tried both, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Revlon Colorstay. It stays all day and has great coverage!

BEA2LS

i've also tried both and vote for revlon! it's actually my HG foundation, it covers very nicely.

n_c

Revlon colorstay is pretty good. The best shade for me is "natural tan" (mac - nc 40)

TexasBelle

I've never tried Revlon Colorstay, but I love L'Oreal True Match. In MAC's studio fix powder foundation, I'm a NW20. In L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation, I'm a N1. True Match provides light to medium coverage, doesn't cause me to breakout, doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't oxidize/turn orange, and lasts all day. I like it a lot; it's what I used most of the time before I discovered MAC. True Match also has SPF protection.

I should add . . . I wear Avon's Magix face perfector (primer) under my foundation, whatever brand I'm wearing. So the fact that I have on primer certainly helps the performance of whatever foundation I'm using.

witch

true match is okay, but it doesnt really come off my brushes very well and it kinda breaks me out. colorstay is amazing however, i love it. im an nc15 and i get the ivory110 and its perfect. plus they have 2 formulations, for dry skin and oily/combination skin. definantly give colorstay a try. you could wait till walgreens puts it on buy one get one free.

Cyclothymic

I highly recommend Revlon ColorStay (in 300 Golden Beige) and Rimmel Lasting Finish 16 Hr Mineral Enriched Foundation (in 200 Soft Beige). With these two foundations, I find I don't need a concealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRWade
Colourstay is ok but it always looks too yellow when applied.

The Revlon ColorStay shades I've tried (150 Buff, 180 Sand Beige and 300 Golden Medium) are all pinkish on my skin.

TISH1124

I love Revlon Colorstay so much!!! This was my first DS foundation and I absolutely have not one complaint!

I'm an NC30 in MAC's SFF..my only problem about SFF is that it isn't long lasting? IMO..it starts wearing off in the day at least for me. I've heard so much about Revlon Colorstay & have read such great reviews I decided to try it. Golden Beige is a PERFECT match for me..better than NC30 SFF. Great coverage, but really lightweight.

Can't say much about the Loreal True Match..but I would definitely say REVLON COLORSTAY ALL THE WAY! Plus it's only $10 at Walmart
smiles.gif

Beats $26

rarity

I'm NC25 in SFF and had been using Loreal True Match in W3. Perhaps W4 would be pretty close or W3 used with a bronzer.

Wildflower

I just bought the Loreal yesterday (capuccino) and am wearing it today. Put it on 5 hours ago and it still looks fresh. My T-zone hasnt oiled up, but I'm yet to test it by being out in the sun and the humidity. Planning to do so later on today.

It glided on beautifully...its even thinner than the Revlon and it took just a tiny dab to do my whole face, because it spread sooo easily. I loe the consistency. They didnt have a shade with a yellow base that was dark enough for my skin...so the capuccino is slightly reddish and maybe half a shade darker than my skin.....i like how the foundaiton feels on my skin. I just wish the shade were a truer match. Pun intended, lol!

Oh, and it is CHEAPER than the Revlon in my country, go figure