Revlon Vintage Super Lustrous Lipsticks

SloanePeterson

Way back in October 2013, Revlon announced they were going to re-release a selection of their vintage lipsticks from past decades.
There is a yahoo news article from then here. It says that the lipsticks were going to be released Spring 2014.

The Revlon Vintage Super Lustrous lipsticks started hitting the shelves early this month.

They are:

Icy Violet - from 1946
Snow Peach - from 1956
Sandstorm - from 1999
Fifth Avenue Red - from 1959
Jungle Peach - from 1963

Nouveau Cheap did some reviews and swatches of them last week.

I really didn't think I was going to care much about these Vintage shades. I don't have much nostalgia for the past or admire certain decades of the 20th century. But I was at CVS today and I saw the display of these shades and I was moved - I really liked most of them.

Of course I had to be all bloggery and buy one. I chose Jungle Peach. It's a soft, muted peach nude. I haven't opened it up yet but when I do you can be sure I'll post some swatches and do a review both here and on my blog. I have to wait awhile because I just ordered a brand new camera from Amazon and it will arrive in a couple of days.

How do you feel about Revlon re-releasing these shades? Are you excited about it? Does vintage makeup mean anything to you?

LavenderPearl

If any, I want Fifth Avenue Red and Snow Peach, in that order. I want to see what Snow Peach looks like on a deeper skintone, though. Might be too light for my personal color preferences~

ponderful

I want Fifth Avenue. The other colors are gorgeous too. Too bad they are all LE and aren't going to be core. I wonder how Fifth Avenue compares to Wet n' Wild Megalast Lipstick in Stoplight Red.

babycheri

Has anyone found them yet? I went to CVS, Target, and four Walgreens (which is crazy because they're almost all within a block of each other lol) and nada!

cakewannaminaj

*drools* over Snow Peach and Icy Violet, I can't find them anywhere online! It'd be nice to get my hands on them
eyelove.gif

sharkbait

Has anyone found them yet? I went to CVS, Target, and four Walgreens (which is crazy because they're almost all within a block of each other lol) and nada!
The girl on the imgur link said she saw them at Walgreens, so its odd theyre being inconsistent with the release. They look like a dream on TT though. Cant wait!

Mayanas

I bought Snow peach a few days ago in CVS i like it , maybe tomorrow i buy Icy violet i had to hide it jaja

babycheri

I finally found them! I made a stop by Ulta, which isn't really near me but near my church so I went after. They only had one left in each color except Fifth Ave. but I don't need anymore reds anyways. I bought Icy Violet bc it was the only one I was planning on buying besides Fifth Ave.

stirfryedshana

I want Snow Peach and Jungle Peach sooo bad, but I can't find them anywhere! I''ve looked in Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Ulta...can't find them anywhere.
th_wallbash.gif

ninahaska

I heard only good opinions about Revlon Vintage Super Lustrous lipsticks.

I read really much blogs, etc. so I think it must be right.

ponderful

Are they still around, out of curiosity? When I go home from college for the summer, I'm thinking of scouring every Walgreens and CVS and etc to find Fifth Avenue Red.

emberdarling

Are they still around, out of curiosity? When I go home from college for the summer, I'm thinking of scouring every Walgreens and CVS and etc to find Fifth Avenue Red.
Honestly, I doubt it. I got mine at least a month ago probably closer to 2. And I live in florida which is sometimes one of the last places to get things. Unless you live in a more rural area where things get there slowly/ stick around for a while.

edit: I'm pretty sure nouveau cheap has an interactive map for it so you can always look to see if people spotted it in your area then go to that place and see if there are any left
th_dunno.gif

trina11225

I got snow peach and jungle peach two weeks ago i n a Duane Reade in the city. I live in Brooklyn. Jungle peach give or take with a liner reminds me of toying around, but is not a dupe.

emberdarling

I got snow peach and jungle peach two weeks ago i n a Duane Reade in the city. I live in Brooklyn. Jungle peach give or take with a liner reminds me of toying around, but is not a dupe.
well then color me corrected! didn't think it was still popping up!

Latest posts