Rich Metal Highlighters

anuy

... what do you guys think about them? i searched in MAC Chat and some people bought it but now that it's been awhile and you guys have used it, what are your thoughts? my store still has them and i want to get them before they run out!

kimmy

i haven't seen them used at all since they came out...i was kind of wondering how everyone felt about them too, because it seems as though they were generally a disappointment...hmmm

shootergirlnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
How do you use them?

They're just highlighters that you can use on your brow bone, eyes, or you can even use the pink one on your cheeks if you really wanted. I haven't done that, but it's possible! They give off a pretty, light shimmer of color, and it stays put all day. I would have bought backups if they weren't so damn expensive!
smiles.gif

claresauntie

I know they were billed as hilighters, and I so wanted one, but didn't have the $$ for them at the time. Just wondering if anyone had experimented with any other ways to use them...?

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootergirlnc
They're just highlighters that you can use on your brow bone, eyes, or you can even use the pink one on your cheeks if you really wanted. I haven't done that, but it's possible! They give off a pretty, light shimmer of color, and it stays put all day. I would have bought backups if they weren't so damn expensive!
smiles.gif

I agree.

I bought all except the silver one. I only use them as brow highlighters. They go on fool-proof. And they do stay on all day. I tend to be heavy-handed when using regular eye-shadows as brow highlighters; that's why I use a blending brush to apply them to get a light application. But w/the couture highlighters, I use Smashbox's brush #4 or MAC's 242 to apply and achieve sheer perfection.

I was thinking about buying the pink and gold as back-ups. But I was afraid they would dry out before I got a chance to use them.

anuy

can u wear them as a base under your shadow and do they crease? everrrything creases on me (even UDPP!) so if this doesn't crease it would be a godsend for me...

and for those of you who bought the green one... how green is it?? a green cheek hilight sounds strange but sometimes it's the strange sounding things that are the best surprises

disenchanted

I love the two I bought. I wish I would of bought all of them. The MA at my MAC store up one on me as an e/s and that is what sold me. He knew what he was doing
smiles.gif

OnaFyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuy
can u wear them as a base under your shadow and do they crease? everrrything creases on me (even UDPP!) so if this doesn't crease it would be a godsend for me...

and for those of you who bought the green one... how green is it?? a green cheek hilight sounds strange but sometimes it's the strange sounding things that are the best surprises

They do crease up. I would say they are less effective than paint, but more than a CCB (us oily lid gals can only laugh at the idea of CCBs used as a lid base). UDPP works for me. Have you tried a light application of oil control moisturizer under the UDPP? It works for a friend, but I've never tried it personally.

The green one on me is just a different shade of gold (NW45).

User40

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuy

I bought Arcsilver and Gilt Edge. I have worn mine as an e/s base and have not noticed them creasing, but I have dry skin. I also like sweeping them lightly over my e/s with a powder or blush brush. The green is very subtle, more of a gold with a hint of green. I think you could definitely wear it as a cheek highlighter since it is just a faint dusting of shimmer.

I love their consistancy; very velvety. I think they will be great this summer in hot weather when I don't want to wear any m/u, just a hint of shimmer.
type.gif

ShuShu Fontanah

I'll be the opposite one here. I didn't think they were anything special at all. They seemed to rub off really easy and just werent that "Special" looking to me.

JMHO

glittergoddess27

I have Ala Mode, Gilt Edge, and Rare and refined,..

My fave is rare and refined,.. wish I could have afforded a backup,.. I use them as e/s bases, blush, cheek highlighter, brow highlighter, by themselves as eyeshadows, as lip shimmer, and on my shoulders,..

You have to be kind careful with Gilt Edge,.. sometimes in the wrong light it can look like a "dirty" spot,. I always use all kinds of lighting before I go out in that one.

Love using then with my 192 (The flat emollient cheek brush??? i think thats the number)

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I recieved mine in the mail yesterday, my first thought was "this is really small..." I actually thought they were much bigger than they are... My misake LOL... makes me wish I had a back up though, coz its GORGEOUS! (I got rare and refined)

Eemaan

:huh2: sorry i hate these, make my gob look like its been attacked by a deep fat fryer
fool.gif

yuckety yuck