Rihanna for Covergirl

JamaicanDiva2

have ya'll been able to find this in your local drugstores yet? Covergirl said the line would be released "Summer 2007" and i've already seen the ads in mags but so far NO stores down here carry it!
ssad.gif
I'm super excited about it, not cuz i love CG but b/c i love Rihanna & want to buy the m/u she wears in the ad in an attempt to look like her?
hmm.gif
hahaha j/k but i was just wondering if your stores have gotten the line in yet? b/c down here in Dallas, TX i can't seem to find it ANYWHERE & i'm tired of waiting!
weeping.gif

rmseals

This is news to me. I didn't know she was a new spokesperson. I'll have to keep a look out for this.

JamaicanDiva2

i didn't hear it was coming out in july - i think it varies from place to place (which is annoying!) b/c i went to my local Target & they had a display for it but EVERY SINGLE ITEM was already gone! i guess it does sell out incredibly fast! i'm going to go to some other towns in search of it. . .

L281173

Rihanna for Covergirl. Beyonce for Loreal. Who will be the next woman of color getting a spokeperson contract. I predict that it will either be Ciara or Christina Milian

JamaicanDiva2

Quote:
Originally Posted by L281173
Rihanna for Covergirl. Beyonce for Loreal. Who will be the next woman of color getting a spokeperson contract. I predict that it will either be Ciara or Christina Milian

Don't forget Kerry Washington, Eva Longoria, Eva Mendes, & Aishwarya Rai all also for L'oreal!

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleonmary
hmm, now many of these celebs actually USE these brands LOL

It's funny that you say that because I've always thought the same thing. I went to Sephora and the make up artist who helped me said heck no. He said that when they're going for a look, they use the make up that makes that happen (which he said is not drug store make up). I think that it's a huge deception because tons of ppl go out and by these produts trying to re-create styles of their fav celebs. Granted, I believe that it's possible to get the "look" but they should use the products they stand behind.

mzdawn

I saw her new video "Umbrella" on YouTube.com and she had a little stint at the end saying check her out 'cause she's the new CoverGirl spokeswoman!

I'm loving her hair nowadays... OT, I know.

cutey.gif

astronaut

Quote:

seriously. I can't imagine a celeb making tons of money using Covergirl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
It's funny that you say that because I've always thought the same thing. I went to Sephora and the make up artist who helped me said heck no. He said that when they're going for a look, they use the make up that makes that happen (which he said is not drug store make up). I think that it's a huge deception because tons of ppl go out and by these produts trying to re-create styles of their fav celebs. Granted, I believe that it's possible to get the "look" but they should use the products they stand behind.

That really ironic. Let's promote our brand while really using another lol. I wonder what makeup brand they actually use... For loreal and maybelline I think they'd use their higher end products like lancome or armani. Covergirl... hmmm Covergirl.

chameleonmary

its also like the hair colour commercial. can you imagine jlo going to the drugstore to buy a box or 2 of her feria colour? um NO LOL

JamaicanDiva2

yeah i know it's ridiculous, but true - they definately DON'T use the makeup they advertize, at least not usually, & not in the commercials or prints - they're always creating that look using higher end products. . . but its not surprising - everything about Hollywood, Modeling, Entertainment, that whole industry, is a lie. . .

kimmy

Quote:
its also like the hair colour commercial. can you imagine jlo going to the drugstore to buy a box or 2 of her feria colour? um NO LOL

seriously. but there's alot of deception in advertising. ever seen those lovely mascara commercials where the models are wearing false eyelashes? i love that haha.
lol.gif

but in reply to the original question, you may want to order the products online as these limited runs done by drugstore lines do usually sell out very quick and are usually run for an extremely short amount of time.
winks.gif

Rene

In the new Jet with Rihanna on the front. There is article about her. It says she is the new Covergirl model. But does not say when it is coming out.

JamaicanDiva2

i found adds that said "rihanna for covergirl collection in stores in MAY (2007)" but have yet to find this is any store - Ulta, drugstore, grocery store, etc. . . frustrated!

L281173

Quote:

The celebs can lose their contracts if they are spotted using another product. That is why Starr Jones wore her Payless Shoe Line. She could be accused of false advertisement.
clap.gif