Riot e/s

HeartOfSilver

Does anyone have a review of this? I am thinking of swapping for one, and I can't seem to find info on what it is like on (finish, pigmentation, etc).

Cheers!

beautenoir

darktuquoisematte.jpg

dark tuquoise matte

MAC_Whore

I have a Riot. It is a matte and very strongly pigmented. Honestly, in the pot it looks blue some days and green others. On the eyes it looks more green, IMO. It reminds me of Ingenue Blue (in the sense that it is that same dirty blue as a base), but much greener. Does that make sense?

You might check SonRisa's gallery for a photo. There is also a Riot on ebay right now that has a photo. Hope that helps.
smiles.gif

HeartOfSilver

Thanks to both of you ladies! I had found Risa's pics, but it didn't tell me what kind of finish or anything it was. I think I'll have to buy it, I am on a blue/green kick right now (just bought a Guacamole and a Parrot!).

Is it like any other color, or is it super unusual?

MAC_Whore

Its pretty unique. I have almost every blue and green that MAC has ever made and it really isn't too close to any of them.

thegirlgotsoul

Could anyone tell me if it is even slightly similar to Melody. From that pic it looks like it could be a little bit, but it's hard to tell.

HeartOfSilver

MAC Whore: You rock, thank you so much for your advice!

hey TKK! Yeah, looks like I will take the plunge. It shall be mine ;D

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlgotsoul
Could anyone tell me if it is even slightly similar to Melody. From that pic it looks like it could be a little bit, but it's hard to tell.

I would almost say that if you tinted Riot (added white to it), it could be close to Melody, but not exactly due to the amount of green in Riot.

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Be careful with Riot- the pigments used in it stain skin and fabric very easily, particularly if wet.

I find that Acid Orange pigment stains my eyelids and skin too.

MAC_Whore

Awwwww, don't regret it!
smiles.gif
I've never have an problem with it staining, but then again, keep in mind that Riot has been DCd for awhile now and age and storage def effect shadows. Humidity can make the shadow come off alot stronger than if it were brand new and dry. So, I guess it would depend upon how the seller has stored the shadow.

I use Clinique gentle eye makeup remover and it gets it all off. If you are worried, you could also use a base first (shadestick, paint, etc.) to put a barrier between the skin and the shadow. BTW, Riot makes a great liner as well.