RIP Cream Shadows

martygreene

UD is discontinuing the cream shadows, sadly. They are all marked RIP now, and I've heard from good sources that they are going away. It's sad really, today's been a day of nothing but sad news of favorite products going away.

These really are great cream shadows. I've got a number of them in my kit, and they are so versatile and work well, especially for cream shadows. If you get a chance to grab some, I say go for it!

kirari

Well, fluff! I really like UD's cream shadows. They are the best cream ones I've ever used. I'm glad that I have dupes of the ones I use a lot.

I wonder why they're being d/c'ed?

martygreene

No idea. Maybe people didn't buy them because they are used to cream shadows not working well? Not sure. I know they're in a lot of pro kits though.

If you like cream shadows, you might want to try Laura Mercier's ones- both the cream shadows (metallic and pearl) and the "eye base" are wonderful. I've added a large number of them added into my kit now. They really last.

Asphyxia

There were millions of them at my local TJ Maxx (which I'll never shop there again for personal reasons). I picked up some really pretty shades for real cheap.

kirari

I agree that there seems to be a general leeriness about cream shadows. I'm constantly hearing "I hate those things, they crease soo bad" and "Cream shadows don't blend" amongst other things.

Thanks for the info about the Laura Mercier line. I'm definitely going to check into them.

Quote:
There were millions of them at my local TJ Maxx (which I'll never shop there again for personal reasons). I picked up some really pretty shades for real cheap.

I'm definitely going to have to check into my local TJ Maxx, then. Maybe I can get lucky, lol.

PolyphonicLove

even with my combination skin, I love creme based makeup - I so wanted to get the urban decay creme shadows, sooo Im damn sure gonna run down to TJ Maxx, haha. the laura mercier ones Ive always heard great things about.