Ripped off by Cp'er - No refund pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

talste

Hi Ladies,

SOS.gif

I have been promted to compose this thread after seeing a similar one posted by another Specktra member, Unfortunately I to am experiencing a disastrous transaction that has occurred on these boards and need some advice from all the great Specktra members out there that have been unfortunate enough to experience similar events.

At this stage I'll keep the other parties details anonymous as I don’t have full knowledge of her current situation and this transaction may very well be an honest mistake on her part however I will post details if it becomes apparent to me that this person acted with intent. I to will refer to her as "A".

My issue is almost identical to a previous thread started here. A run down of events is below.

I expressed interest in some items on a sales thread, "A" contacted me & advised she could provide them.

29th May I paid for the goods,
17th June, I get a message from her saying "Items posted the Saturday before last" , I'm thinking ok well better late than never.
27th June, I request tracking info as nothing has turned up. No info was provided to me
13th July I open a paypal dispute & liaise with "A"

Over 12 emails have been sent back & forth over the past 3 days & I have been more than flexible with offering options in which to get this resolved; namely resending of my items via a traceable expedited & fully insured shipping method or being issued with a full refund.

What is so frustrating is "A" refuses to offer a firm commitment either way and her responses just go around in circles. So naturally now I am extremely hesitant in agreeing to anything other than a full refund.

Can any one offer advise on how I can go about resolving this delicate issue?

My paypal claim is still open but to my understanding even if the claim is found to be in my favour I will only receive a refund provided "A" is holding money in her account (which she has made explicitly clear that she does not do)

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance,
Talste

MACATTAK

Re: Ripped of by Cp'er - No refund pending

When you paid with Paypal, was it from existing funds or from a debit/credit card? If it was from a debit/credit card you can take this up with your bank/cc company by doing a charge back. They will investigate further, but usually will credit your account in the meantime. Keep all emails as proof, as you may have to send things in. Hopefully this is the way you paid
smiles.gif

coachkitten

If it happened here on Specktra you should let a moderator know your situation. I really shouldn't put my two cents in but it really makes me upset that this seems to be happening so frequently lately. Good luck with your situation and keep us updated.
smiles.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Even if she has no money left in her paypal account, Paypal will still refund you your money, if she cannot provide any proof that she's sent your items. Her account will be in the negative.

talste

Thanks for the advice thus far ladies, I do really appreciate it, you guys helping me reinforces my faith in the community !

MACATTACK: I did pay via a debit card so I'll contact the bank to find out what the process is for a chargeback.

Coachkitten: The only reason I'm yet to contact administrators & out "A" publicly is I really want to believe this is an over sight or mistake on her part that she is willing to recify. If it becomes evident this is not the case I'll do the right thing by the Specktra members here and provide all relevent details of my transaction so no one else will experience this.

Janice

Specktra does not assume any liability for transactions and we do not get involved in transactions between members. Since disputes between members are highly sensitive I prefer members use Swaptawk as the problem swap resource. Recently due to the situation with dreamerbaby I became a lax about enforcing Specktra guidelines. I'm afraid I am going to have to start enforcing this rule again. Swaptawk is an excellent source of MEDIATION between parties to reach amicable resolutions. Please visit swaptawk to discuss your swapping and sale issues. Dawn (the CB moderator and Specktra Jr Admin) monitors Swaptawk for activity reported from Specktra.

talste

Update:

I'm happy to report my troublesome transaction now appears to be resolved as not long after starting this thread I received a full refund deposited into my paypal account.

I've also joined swaptawk & agree that it is an extremely useful resource for those unfortunate to experience problematic transactions.

I'm glad I was able to reach an amicable resolution and am happy to move on from this issue.

Once again, Thanks Ladies for all your help.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.