RiRi Hearts MAC Fall Collection (October 3, 2013)

liba

Despite the small fortune I've spent on this collection, I kinda wish I had spent more.
th_crazy.gif
I kinda feel like I should've backed up Nude (although that might've been almost as impossible as backing up TTT). I was so close to ordering a backup of BGGG late last night, but I waited a few minutes and it disappeared from Bloomingdales. They saved me from myself really.
Nude really is amazing. The texture is like silk on your lips, totally weightless, and the color is so rich and complex - it actually gets better the longer you wear it as it warms up and mingles with your natural lip color. One good thing is it goes on so smoothly, you really don't need to use much to get full coverage, so one tube will go a long way.

The other good thing, I think it's safe to say MAC will be bringing more brown nude lipsticks…heck, matte brown nudes is what made MAC famous in the 90's in the first place. That taupe brown satin Exclusive Event coming up in Divine Nights will only be the tip of the iceberg. It's not matte or satin, but Posh Tone Mineralize lipstick is very gorgeous and perm (but lighter than Nude, although not super light).

Finally, I bet a lot of people will be selling the Nudes they bought on impulse, because it is definitely a color you need the rest of your makeup really well balanced with and the right attitude to use if your skin tone isn't a general match in the first place. I'm not parting with mine, though - 5 crazy Riri fans would have to gang up on me to pry it out of my hands :p

scarlettb

i closed my eyes and bought a diamond powder on ebay because i always miss a restock, and all my stores are sold out and when there's a restock i'm not on board. ::sigh:: i wish mac would have had more supply and had a better way of handling this.

shontay07108

I only bought nude and TTT lipstick. They both should arrive by Wednesday. I'm scared I won't like them. Is TTT application really that bad?
Don't be scared. For most of us, it's not a problem.
:lmao: I am so disappointed that Nude wouldn't work for me.
I didn't know you tried it. I'm sad it didn't work for you. Did you try it with a liner or gloss? I like it on it's own just fine, but I love it with Cork liner, though. Just a little around the edges.
Nude really is amazing. The texture is like silk on your lips, totally weightless, and the color is so rich and complex - it actually gets better the longer you wear it as it warms up and mingles with your natural lip color. One good thing is it goes on so smoothly, you really don't need to use much to get full coverage, so one tube will go a long way. The other good thing, I think it's safe to say MAC will be bringing more brown nude lipsticks…heck, matte brown nudes is what made MAC famous in the 90's in the first place. That taupe brown satin Exclusive Event coming up in Divine Nights will only be the tip of the iceberg. It's not matte or satin, but Posh Tone Mineralize lipstick is very gorgeous and perm (but lighter than Nude, although not super light).
Nude is just do perfect that I hope they bring it back (even if they do one of those tricks where it's basically the same damn thing under a different name). I've never had a lipstick like this. I hope it's not one of those mineralized lipsticks, though because I can't mess with those.

elegant-one

The color definitely suits darker skin colors. It looks amazing on everyone who has posted with darker skin..

I am going to test it out - mixing it with other Mac lipsticks. I wore it with Snob over it today and it looked great.. very similar to my favorite MakeUp Forever Rouge Intense lipstick in 31.
My favorite shade of lipstick (& blush) on WOC is a beautiful slight soft berry pink. I was just watching QVC with It Cosmetics & the model was wearing this kind of shade & it just looked so stunning & fresh.

And Salsarose

liba

Nude is just do perfect that I hope they bring it back (even if they do one of those tricks where it's basically the same damn thing under a different name). I've never had a lipstick like this. I hope it's not one of those mineralized lipsticks, though because I can't mess with those.
Mineralize lipstick formula was too slippery or something? The shape of the bullet is large but the formula is soft so after a few uses it conforms really well to your application needs. I only own Posh Tone and Luxe Natural right now, but Posh Tone is one of my constant go-to lipsticks for plain, day to day stuff. It's like a premium luxury lipstick for half the price.

elegant-one

No just plain. The Mac mua said yeah, it does look like poop
girlhaha.gif
on you don't get it.
amuse.gif

It's SO darn popular, you know its coming back

duckrodeo

girlhaha.gif
on you don't get it.
amuse.gif

I didn't try on Nude in the store, but I did swatch it (along with other parts of Riri and Retro matte comparisons...I had a swatchfest lol) Anyway, I saw the swatch of Nude and went "ew". But all the hype makes me second-guess my first impression lol. But on the other hand, I do like Hot Chocolate, I just don't wear it enough because it's not an every day color, so no need to add another lipstick in that family to my overgrowing collection.

elegant-one

I didn't try on Nude in the store, but I did swatch it (along with other parts of Riri and Retro matte comparisons...I had a swatchfest lol) Anyway, I saw the swatch of Nude and went "ew". But all the hype makes me second-guess my first impression lol. But on the other hand, I do like Hot Chocolate, I just don't wear it enough because it's not an every day color, so no need to add another lipstick in that family to my overgrowing collection.
greengrin.gif

Fabulous swatches dear!

Ivonne383

[h=5]Nordstroms page is acting up. It's showing HK for $23.00, but when you add it to cart and proceed to check out it shows "Size: One Size
Color: BAD GIRL GONE GOOD" with the HK picture....I want HK not the blush
ohboy.gif
[/h]

shontay07108

Mineralize lipstick formula was too slippery or something? The shape of the bullet is large but the formula is soft so after a few uses it conforms really well to your application needs. I only own Posh Tone and Luxe Natural right now, but Posh Tone is one of my constant go-to lipsticks for plain, day to day stuff. It's like a premium luxury lipstick for half the price.
I'm allergic to the ingredients.
No just plain. The Mac mua said yeah, it does look like poop :haha: on you don't get it. :amused: It's SO darn popular, you know its coming back
:lol: This made me think of Brave New Poo. Remember that?
Someone mentioned the Sephora F&F sale - when is that?
That's what I need to know. Although, there's nothing left for me to buy. Literally nothing. My online cart is empty. This always happens when the sale comes around. ETA: Every time someone types HK in regard to Hibiscus Kiss I think Hello Kitty and my brain is scrambled for a few seconds.

liba

girlhaha.gif
on you don't get it.
amuse.gif

Try Hip & Happy under it - which is my go to pencil for brightening and removing the brown out of lipsticks that run a little too brown on me. It makes Hot Chocolate go from Hot Gothic Poo on me to the gorgeous color it looks like on other folks.

So far, I've been really lucky with Nude. I was seriously on the fence with it when I tried it on in store, but hearing my MA saying it looked amazing on me (I know to bow to his judgement, even though I know his tastes do sometimes run a little 90's style here and there). When I got home with it I was still pretty iffy trying it on a bare face. Then I saw a photo of a model with coloring quite similar to mine who was rocking a comparable color by just having a bit warmer shadow and lots of black liner, so I tried that using Marches Aux Puces duo and plenty of Feline and suddenly Nude looked great, without having to resort to liners and glosses! I posted about this earlier - here's the link again: http://issuu.com/solestruckshoes/docs/ss_star_from_mars_lookbook_final__2/16?e=1925544/5085547 It won't let me grab the image to directly link it.

I will try and make a point of it to take a photo with me in this look. Since you're NW more than NC, though, definitely try Hip & Happy - I bet it will make a huge difference! When it works, it really works!!!

Latest posts