Rize-->Clown makeup as e/s base?

OnaFyre

So, I've been watching the brilliant and beautiful David LaChapelle documentary Rize a lot lately (it's been on Showtime in heavy rotation lately). And I've been looking at all that clown makeup and noticing that it seemed to stay pretty stable on the dancers. Has anyone else used clown makeup as a base for regular makeup, particularly as an eyeshadow base? How does clown makeup compare to MAC paintsticks?

Mods: I'm guessing this will end up somewhere else on the boards, but I'm making the assumption that the people most likely to have seen the film Rize would frequent the Beauty of Color section. This assumption is probably baseless considering the David LaChapelle fans and theater folks on Specktra. But I'm also hoping to hear specifically from women of color who might have exp. with clown makeup- maybe even some clown/krump dancers!

I can't compare it to MAC Paintsticks, but I can tell you that the theatrical makeup is TENACIOUS stuff. I am a dancer, and I sweat through a face full of makeup, 8 hours a night, in a hot club, and when I go home, it still looks perfectly finished. Occasionally I powder down, but that's really more just because I want to avoid the crowd for a few moments in the dressing room.

BTW, I use Graftobian Glamour Creme makeup
smiles.gif

aeni

I've never seen it or used the paint sticks. But yeah, I've used Ben Nye cremes as a base for smokey eye looks and other eye shadows. It's basically the same concept of powdering a creme, you're just powdering with a colored powder.

As for staying power - eh.

Latest posts