Rollers and roller sets

lovely333

Ok I recentely had to cut my hair because it was so damaged from too much heat. I now wear it short and have started to try to roll it at night to cut back on heat. My question is what rollers are the best to use and how can I prevent those ugly dents. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks ladies

Tashona Helena

I love pillow rollers personally. The ones that you roll up and twist at the ends, they're white and look like pillows and don't have the clip thing like plastic/foam rollers do. I've never had a problem with dents either.
smiles.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I love pillow rollers personally. The ones that you roll up and twist at the ends, they're white and look like pillows and don't have the clip thing like plastic/foam rollers do. I've never had a problem with dents either.
smiles.gif

I like those rollers too, once in a blue moon. the downside to them for me, is that the curls only last day or so. I'm sure that's because my hair is locked, though.

As an aside, I'd suggest that you find a style or roller set where you don't have to curl it so often. I'd lose my mind if I had to worry about that every day. I wanna get up, fluff my hair and go on a day to day basis. I'm sure that will be a lot safer for your hair and just all around easier for you in the long run, whether or not you use heat or chemicals.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I like those rollers too, once in a blue moon. the downside to them for me, is that the curls only last day or so. I'm sure that's because my hair is locked, though.

are you setting them wet? if you put in the rollers when your hair is damp the curls should last a couple days until you lose them.

J.MAC'n

If u go to Sally Beauty store and get the hard rollers with the clips...sit under a dryer, the curls will last for a day or two, if u maintain the upkeep you'll still be able to add body to your hair so you dont have to worry about using the curling irons.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
are you setting them wet? if you put in the rollers when your hair is damp the curls should last a couple days until you lose them.

No, I never use those rollers when my hair is wet, I only use those to sleep in. I'm scared my hair won't dry with those soft rollers. I only wet set my hair when I use rods and a dryer.

Bey28

You should wrap your hair at night after a roller set to maintain it between washes/roller sets. And if you want more bounc you could pin curl your hair using the large sized bobby pins. This works really well for me! HTH.

aziajs

Use the plastic magnetic rollers.
Use metal hair clips to keep them in.
Roll your hair when it's wet/damp.
Use alcohol free mousse or pomade.
Let it air dry or sit under the dryer.

Here are some pics of my hair to give you an idea.

before-glasses2.jpg

after-glasses2.jpg

Lapis

Quote:
No, I never use those rollers when my hair is wet, I only use those to sleep in. I'm scared my hair won't dry with those soft rollers. I only wet set my hair when I use rods and a dryer.

Ok well they have to be damp and dry in the roller to hold the curl for longer than a little while.
I'm using something like these http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/Sall...0&iccEmbed= 0
I palm roll the roots, put them in and just leave until the next day, if you don't mind heat you can sit under a dryer or blow dry, for me my hair is near tail bone length so it takes long to dry no matter what, lol

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Ok well they have to be damp and dry in the roller to hold the curl for longer than a little while.
I'm using something like these http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/Sall...0&iccEmbed= 0
I palm roll the roots, put them in and just leave until the next day, if you don't mind heat you can sit under a dryer or blow dry,

LOL. I need two events to happen at the same time 1. I feel like washing and retwisting 2. I have the rest of the day, to let my hair dry, which happens, like, never! LMAO. I need to make time for this to happen, though, because the dryer and I are gonna fight. I hate using heat but it's the only way i can set my hair and have it be dry in less than a whole day and some change, and not sleep on those hard rods. I only use these pillow rollers on night like well, tonight- when I just need a quick shot of texture but I don't feel like doing a whole hair ritual. I also hate the way that braiding/unbraiding locks for a wavy textured look- on me, at least. I love the look of either tight tight coils with a lot of texture, almost to the point where my locks look like a ringlet fro from afar, or barrel curls. I LOVE big hair, LOL. I miss my fro at times, because it was easy to make it big.
tong.gif

Quote:
for me my hair is near tail bone length so it takes long to dry no matter what, lol

Your locks are that long? I guess I have nothing to complain about, then. Sheesh. They must look awesome!

Lapis

Quote:
LOL. I need two events to happen at the same time 1. I feel like washing and retwisting 2. I have the rest of the day, to let my hair dry, which happens, like, never! LMAO. I need to make time for this to happen, though, because the dryer and I are gonna fight. I hate using heat but it's the only way i can set my hair and have it be dry in less than a whole day and some change, and not sleep on those hard rods. I only use these pillow rollers on night like well, tonight- when I just need a quick shot of texture but I don't feel like doing a whole hair ritual. I also hate the way that braiding/unbraiding locks for a wavy textured look- on me, at least. I love the look of either tight tight coils with a lot of texture, almost to the point where my locks look like a ringlet fro from afar, or barrel curls. I LOVE big hair, LOL. I miss my fro at times, because it was easy to make it big.
tong.gif

Your locks are that long? I guess I have nothing to complain about, then. Sheesh. They must look awesome!

It's always time that's a problem, there's never enough I have a friend that just washes and goes.

blush-anim-cl.gif
they look ok, I had a baby and that wreaked my hair so I'm finally showing it lots of love and it's coming back
th_DANCE.gif