Rosebud Salve

xtina420

Has anyone used this? Before purchasing this I just wanted to know a few things, like is sticky? Does it have any color? and how is it for moisturizing your lips? Thank You!!!

Shawna

I have a tin, and it smells just like roses. It is a salmon pink colour, but sheer when it goes on. It is moisturizing for lips (has replaced chapstick for me) and I don't find it to be sticky, but then, I don't think the lipglasses are sticky either. I haven't tried the mint version, but I hear its really great. OT, how's the pregnancy? You must be getting close to your due date. Did you ever come up with a name? Oh, and
happybirthday.gif

midnightlouise

I love this stuff! The texture is similar to vaseline, it's not really sticky, more like slippery I guess lol! It does give a tiny hint of color, and when I put it on at bedtime, my lips are pretty darn moisturized the next morning. It's my HG lip balm
smiles.gif

xtina420

Thanks ladies
smiles.gif
Pregnancy is great and I'm very big..lol..due date is Sept. 19th! We have no name picked out yet for the little guy, but you'll all be the first t know when we do!

Insomiac

I have it and it's really moisturzing! It leaves a little, subtle pigment, but it depends on your lips' color. It's not sticky like Vaseline and lipglasses for me. It just comes smooth for me. Leaves me lips smooth and looking healthy!
smiles.gif

mac_obsession

Ok. I love this shit. Excuse my french. Its like the best stuff on earth. I use it to make my own lipglosses with pigments and lipmix. I also suggested it to my cousin who has a (just turned 1 on Weds) baby and she had a horrid heat rash on her neck. I suggested she put it on her neck, since I've heard its great for diaper rash, and she said the rash was gone within 2 days. It's relatively cheap, around $5.50 per jar, and I buy in bulk...it has so many uses. I personally do not like the smell, but I attribute that more to the chemo Im on than the actual smell. I love the strawberry salve smell though!!
This literally is one of the best products Ive ever used for anything...I can do sooo much with it.
smiles.gif
HTH!! BTW - its creamy, glossy, not shiny at all, and not sticky. It has very little pigmentation, but enough to create a pinkish salmon hue
smiles.gif

stella.

I want to buy this, but does anyone know if it's thicker than Vaseline? Vaseline is good and everything, but a little thin so it comes off really easy on lips.

Insomiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunderstood
Where can you get Rosebud Salve?

You can get them at Sephora.

mac_obsession

yup sephora has it, so does amazon, and most online beauty suppliers, or you can get it from some drugstores, and ebay
greengrin.gif

kradge79

I definitely agree with monirock...I've had mine basically liquify several times and now it is all over the lid of the tin. It also works great as a cuticle moisturizer. It is great stuff and smells awesome. I bought a big lot on ebay to put in my bridesmaids' gift...got a great price and everyone loved it!

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monirock
don't leave it in a hot car though..i haven't learned my lesson with that yet. :/

Ugh I left mine in my car and then tried to use it on my lunch break...it was like opening a LipSmacker that had gone through the washer & dryer....liquid rose-scented salve EVERYWHERE. Thankfull it ended up on my work clothes and not my car's interior. It was easy enough to clean up but my car smelled kinda old lady-ish for a few days. I just left it in my car to re-liquify and then put it in the fridge when I got home and it's as smooth as brand new.

//edit - deleted your dupe post
smiles.gif

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlgotsoul
I saw at Sephora the other day that they also have a Strawberry Lipgloss now too? Has anyone tried this?

Yes, as stated in my previous post I use it all the time..I love the strawberry more than the rosebud which tends to make me ill...Its great stuff.

Onederland

as far as lip stuff goes, i love the strawberry salve, just cause i rather have the aroma od strawberries by my mouth, rather than roses. Both of them basically do the same things though.

Rosebud is so multi-functional i love it too! You can use it to tame any stray hairs, or quicky moiturize any dry spots on your face. You can even use it to tame your eyebrows!

smiles.gif

Latest posts